Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Installing the ios7 beta?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Have rolled back as going to the US, When I come back am planning to install Beta3

Do I need to install Beta 1 st and then 2 OTS or would beta 3 be sufficient on its own?

I did a reinstall straight to beta 2, so I guess you can do the same with 3.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

naasrd wrote: »
    Stopped using Reminders after beta 1, thought it'd be in pretty good nick by now. What are you seeing?
    I don't think I'm seeing bugs - they've just changed the UX to require more swipes and taps than before it seems. They complicated what was a simpler process.

Dades wrote: »
    I don't think I'm seeing bugs - they've just changed the UX to require more swipes and taps than before it seems. They complicated what was a simpler process.

Yeah, makes you wonder if anyone in Apple actually uses it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

use the dev forums to report the feedback. if you have io7 you should be a dev and should be reporting the issues/feedback.

I have it on my main business device from seed 1-3 and its fine apart from a few os/crashes.

performance is getting better with every seed and I've noticed a significant battery improvement with seed 2/3.

most of my apps appear to function fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Got iOS 7 going on my iPad 3 and it's great. Not a huge amount of features but the overhaul of design was well overdue!

Looking at my phone now with iOS 6 and it looks crap in comparison. Think I might get it on that too, but it's only a 4 so it wouldn't be as smooth and stable I imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

Installed IOS7 beta for first time last night (beta 3). Loving it so far and have found it very stable. Few crashes I have found so far were mostly with Siri interacting with other apps, but is working well for day to day use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Jesus, why do all these people who know nothing about Apple devices have the iOS beta? They're probably "developing" on their Windows machines. :pac:

Jesus, why do all these people who know nothing about Apple devices have the iOS beta? They're probably "developing" on their Windows machines. :pac:

I wouldn't fret about it if I were you. If you need explaining it'll probably go right over your head as to why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

mmm...a heat induced 3.30am rant....I dont have a Windows Machine and do have a developer account...I do because I can...dont need anyones permission

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Experiencing a lot of crashes, particularly in Safari on iPad 3. Sometimes multitasking doesn't work and it just shows a blank screen.

Hoping beta 4 gives better stability again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Beta 4 could be released later today around usual ish time 6 o'clock maybe.

Beta 4 could be released later today around usual ish time 6 o'clock maybe.

Hope so. Beta 3 has been superb for me, no issues at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Would the security breach of the dev centre have any effect on the release of beta 4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

guil wrote: »
    Would the security breach of the dev centre have any effect on the release of beta 4?

Yep it would. I'd say it might be delayed for 48 hours at minimum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

was trying to put 7 back on but can't due to Dev Centre breach...

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

naasrd wrote: »
    Hope so. Beta 3 has been superb for me, no issues at all.
    Yeah, it's been pretty good alright.

One thing that starting to really annoy me though is the photo app and the way it switches from a white theme to black when you go to edit, or view the image without the toolbars. The constant inverting insults my eyes.

Also, I found the phone swiping itself open in my pocket last week so much I had to turn it around so it faced outward. Might have been related to the heat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Dades wrote: »
    Also, I found the phone swiping itself open in my pocket last week so much I had to turn it around so it faced outward. Might have been related to the heat.

I've had this too. Quite a few pocket dials too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Looks like Beta 4 won't be coming today - next Monday then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Looks like Beta 4 won't be coming today - next Monday then.

No reason why it might not be later this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Zcott wrote: »
    No reason why it might not be later this week.

True - but the fact the others have been released at 1pm EST on a Monday leads me to believe that we won't see it until next week.

• Advertisement

Mr Velo wrote: »
    True - but the fact the others have been released at 1pm EST on a Monday leads me to believe that we won't see it until next week.

It wouldn't be surprising to see then just skipping this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Couldn't they just push out the update over the air so people can get testing it anyway while the dev centre is put back online.

The dev centre I imagine handles that stuff, its also hard to track in case of an issue, when most of the time is being spent on getting the portal back up

miralize wrote: »
    The dev centre I imagine handles that stuff, its also hard to track in case of an issue, when most of the time is being spent on getting the portal back up

Well they were able to push out an update for Maveicks yesterday so I'd say they'd be able. Maybe they have moved the focus to getting the dev centre back online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Can anyone confirm if I need to register as a developer to upgrade to IOS7 on my Ipad 2? Or can it still be upgraded as per original beta without the need for the device to be registered as a dev device?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Can anyone confirm if I need to register as a developer to upgrade to IOS7 on my Ipad 2? Or can it still be upgraded as per original beta without the need for the device to be registered as a dev device?
    No need to register as a developer no, I installed beta 3 on my 5 a few days ago and worked no problem. Just make sure you back up everything before going ahead with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Simply Red wrote: »
    No need to register as a developer no, I installed beta 3 on my 5 a few days ago and worked no problem. Just make sure you back up everything before going ahead with it

Any idea when the next beta is due?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Any idea when the next beta is due?

Monday, at a guess with Apple playing catch up after breach of their development centre.

I think they might skip it, they'd have unchangeable dates for project goals to be met. If they change the date for a beta this week, they'd have to change it every week up to the launch.

• Advertisement

Maybe they'll just continue to fix some of the bugs and push it out as the new beta, without skipping numbers. Or if not release last Mondays Beta this week and the next beta - 1 week later (instead of the normal two weeks).

Advertisement