Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Installing the ios7 beta?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

naasrd wrote: »
    Dictionaries now gone from my ipad 2 & iphone 5. Anyone else see this?

Yep, same here. The volume indicator is invisible now on embedded videos too when you adjust using the buttons.

Same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

anyone having problems wireless sync on Beta 3 with itunes ?

Also noticed that when sync and I swipe to unlock, it kills the sync..I thought with 6.1.4 it would continue syncing while swiping

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Beta 5 is out, didn't see that one coming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Keeping schedules :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Simply Red wrote: »
    Beta 5 is out, didn't see that one coming!

Yeah! What a surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I don't like the new settings icons. I prefer the old ones. Looked much better IMO.

Supposedly now the install screen matches the colour of your iPhone. Nice little detail there.

DubDJ wrote: »
    I don't like the new settings icons. I prefer the old ones. Looked much better IMO.

Supposedly now the install screen matches the colour of your iPhone. Nice little detail there.

Helps for glancing purposes. Looks much more refined, and categorised into the different setting types..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭mcw92

OK so I'm thinking of Downloading iOS7 for my iPhone 4S.
    If i don't like it, is it as simple as downloading iOS 6 and installing it while holding ctrl while restoring iPhone?

Also is installing iOS7 Beta fairly straight forward? Do i need a developers account to register the device or something for it to work?

EDIT:

Ive read through previous posts and established it should work.

Ok so I've seen beta 5 is out. Anyone have a dl link for that(without a dev ac)
    Or can i just download and install beta 4, and update to beta 5 through the iPhone itself?

miralize wrote: »
    Helps for glancing purposes. Looks much more refined, and categorised into the different setting types..

Don't agree, I think it looks very scattered and random compared to the previous icons.

The one on the left looks like it's been made by a 3rd party app developer and the ones on the right look very professional and the stuff we're used to from Apple.

bPqgc3H.png?1

Don't agree, I think it looks very scattered and random compared to the previous icons.

The one on the left looks like it's been made by a 3rd party app developer and the ones on the right look very professional and the stuff we're used to from Apple.

bPqgc3H.png?1

Do you really believe that? Or are you just used to how it looks?

I think its pretty clear that bar the app icons for the settings below, Apple's testing & research teams concluded that it all looked a bit similar & hard to find where you want to go. An icon colour is just as much of a differentiator as the icon itself.

- Blue for local connection
    - Green for cellular

The professional argument is just daft. They are the exact same icons that you've been seeing in the previous betas, but with a rectangular box behind it.

The previous icons may work for you, but I think that UX development for a mobile OS is one of the hardest jobs out there. You have you appeal to everyone, not just the "bleeding-edge"rs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Latest beta 5 has fixed the crashing Skype problem as one of the bug fixes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Animations seem much faster, really liking that. Also don't know if its intentional or a bug, but my phone doesn't make that unlocking sound when I unlock it anymore

miralize wrote: »
    Do you really believe that? Or are you just used to how it looks?

I think its pretty clear that bar the app icons for the settings below, Apple's testing & research teams concluded that it all looked a bit similar & hard to find where you want to go. An icon colour is just as much of a differentiator as the icon itself.

- Blue for local connection
    - Green for cellular

The professional argument is just daft. They are the exact same icons that you've been seeing in the previous betas, but with a rectangular box behind it.

The previous icons may work for you, but I think that UX development for a mobile OS is one of the hardest jobs out there. You have you appeal to everyone, not just the "bleeding-edge"rs.

It is just really nitpicking, but yeah I much prefer the old version. I'm not really used to them either as I'm currently using iOS 6 after a small time using the betas.

It's probably personal preference though but I think the old way looks a lot less cartoony. I've the same gripe with some off the stock app icons. I love iOS 7 but small things like those I think should be changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I hope they change the safari, settings, photos, game center and camera icons because they're ****ing ugly. Safari being the worst offender.

still having problems with wireless sync on 7...

Ipad on 6 is fine as was iphone 5 on 6.

Any ideas...

Sorted.....Missed a bit in release notes...need to install new Mobile Device installer Package

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Simply Red wrote: »
    Animations seem much faster, really liking that. Also don't know if its intentional or a bug, but my phone doesn't make that unlocking sound when I unlock it anymore

Yes, it seems to have been removed...

bPqgc3H.png?1

Yeah, I prefer the bareness of the beta 4 one. Between this and the Yahoo ref on lock screen someone's lost faith and put some things into reverse.

Yeah, I prefer the bareness of the beta 4 one. Between this and the Yahoo ref on lock screen someone's lost faith and put some things into reverse.

Yahoo on the lockscreen? I've seen screen caps but assumed they were from the weather app or stocks? Is the yahoo ref actually on the lock screen when you wake up the phone?

If so it's very surprising, given this is Apple.

Cant see any Yahoo ref on lockscreen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

Yahoo on the lockscreen? I've seen screen caps but assumed they were from the weather app or stocks? Is the yahoo ref actually on the lock screen when you wake up the phone?

If so it's very surprising, given this is Apple.

The yahoo credit for weather and stock info is just at the the very end of the notificaton pane after the weather and stocks info. Not very noticeable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Have to say I did prefer the plain blue icons in settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

Any one having trouble with their email app since installing ios 7 beta 5, mine will only work on wifi??? 3G not a hope, tried installing again from ios developer but no joy, its worse )-:

This is what I get.

Anyone notice the battery life be a whole lot worse?

This is what I get.

I have that too, but is that not just because Apple use Yahoo for their weather source? Same for the weather app? Always being that way.

mcw92 wrote: »
    Anyone notice the battery life be a whole lot worse?

I'm actually seeing an improvement. On beta 3 I had bad usually so I reset all settings, let the battery drain and did a full recharge. What stats are you seeing in Usage?

mcw92 wrote: »
    I have that too, but is that not just because Apple use Yahoo for their weather source? Same for the weather app? Always being that way.

Yeah, but the point being raised is that it's new to beta 5 and some don't mind it and some loathe it.

I'm actually seeing an improvement. On beta 3 I had bad usually so I reset all settings, let the battery drain and did a full recharge. What stats are you seeing in Usage?

Hmm was prob becuase i was on Beta 4 yesterday, Only on Beta 5 now today, il see how it goes.

Yeah, but the point being raised is that it's new to beta 5 and some don't mind it and some loathe it.

Oh right sorry hadn't noticed it not being there before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you can't see it on the lockscreen because it's not there, the original poster that mentioned it meant to say notification centre ;).

Advertisement