Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Installing the ios7 beta?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Beta 5 performing pretty damn well for me on my iP5 since yesterday morning.
    Current usage since last full charge:

Usage: 1 Hour, 28mins
    Standby: 7hrs 4 mins

Battery currently at 87%

Push email/bluetooth etc all turned ON.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I had to reboot to fix an iMessage issue where it would crash every time I tried to text my mum. :)

On the plus side, they've fixed an annoyance I had where the control centre kept being pulled up every time I tried quick access to the camera from the lock screen. Seems they've made the draggable area for the camera bigger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Dades wrote: »
    I had to reboot to fix an iMessage issue where it would crash every time I tried to text my mum. :)

On the plus side, they've fixed an annoyance I had where the control centre kept being pulled up every time I tried quick access to the camera from the lock screen. Seems they've made the draggable area for the camera bigger.

Yep, I noticed that it's much easier to access the camera now, thankfully.

Did they get rid of the unlock "click" when you unlock the iPhone?
    (Or am I going mad...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

(Or am I going mad...)

It's gone alright! Takes a while to get used to, too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

(Or am I going mad...)
    thank christ, first thing i turn off when setting up my iphone. that and keyboard clicks.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

thank christ, first thing i turn off when setting up my iphone. that and keyboard clicks.

+1, drives me mental when people leave on sounds to tell them and you that they are doing something that they already know they are doing. Mind boggling!

I kinda miss it. :P

it should be able to be turned on, but shouldn't be on by default, IIWJI (If I was jony ive).

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

im new to this, so be gentle, ive registerd my udid with a 3rd party
    and have downloads a torrent of ios 7, but anytime i try to install it
    i get an error message, am i doing something wrong ?

i tried a few weeks ago without it being registered and it installed but wouldnt
    let it activate it, so i had to put it in DFU

any ideas ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Is this 'third party' a friend of yours? You don't need to register your UDID at all and you should never give it to anyone you don't trust.

All you need to do is install iOS 6, activate and upgrade to 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

TBi wrote: »
    Is this 'third party' a friend of yours? You don't need to register your UDID at all and you should never give it to anyone you don't trust.

All you need to do is install iOS 6, activate and upgrade to 7.

ios 6 is installed already 6.1.3, when i check for upgrade it says none
    are available :o

Alt+click on the update button, as every single guide that you can google for about this says...

Shift+click on windows, as again every single guide says...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I'm looking at the beta version of iCloud right now, and I just cant believe that some of the icons made it past Ive.

I'm expecting a couple icon changes to be revealed at the September event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

miralize wrote: »
    I'm looking at the beta version of iCloud right now, and I just cant believe that some of the icons made it past Ive.

I'm expecting a couple icon changes to be revealed at the September event.

I read somewhere that the icons were designed by Apple's marketing department. Think they should stick to marketing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Beta 6 is out now OTA, requires at least 780mb of free space to install, it's only 13.5mb download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭jamesd

I know you don't need to have your phone registered to get the beta but I am changing carrier today so I know with ios7 that I cannot activate a new sim / network unless the phone is registered.
    Anyone recommend a site to pay to get my IMEI registered?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

jamesd wrote: »
    I know you don't need to have your phone registered to get the beta but I am changing carrier today so I know with ios7 that I cannot activate a new sim / network unless the phone is registered.

You will need to get your existing carrier to unlock your phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Downloading beta 6 now. Any new stuff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

You will need to get your existing carrier to unlock your phone

Think you misread the post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

jamesd wrote: »

Not sure where you heard that. I changed carriers on an unregistered beta 3, just stuck new sim in and was good to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

guil wrote: »
    I think I didn't. you will find that his phone is likely provider locked and to change network it will need to be unlocked.

guil wrote: »

Well he did and he didn't. The OP probably meant to get his UDID registered to allow the beta to authenticate, but he did explicitly say IMEI which would refer to unlocking.

Anyway, new beta today and i don't have enough space free to install!

EDIT: Deleted a few games! Lets see how i get on!

Just installed it there over wifi.

Can't see anything off-hand that's new. The Photos app is still really irritating switching between white and black.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I've noticed nothing meself either with Beta 6.

beta 6 was rushed out as there was an issue with itunes in the cloud sometimes playing content you didn't own or not play at all.

of course if you read the notice in the developer portal you'd know this ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Since beta 5 the opacity has been decreased hugely and you can actually read the text underneath the bar at the top of the screen rather than it being blurred out. I liked it the other way because it would change colour depending on what was behind it.

Embedded videos are nearly always invisible for me on iPad. That's really annoying. That and whenever I have a few things open in tabs they constantly have to reload when I click back into them. Really annoying when you try to let a video buffer and open a tab to browse something else while you wait.

Bar those small things, and a few freezes/crashes, it's all good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

1ZRed wrote: »
    Embedded videos are nearly always invisible for me on iPad. That's really annoying.

ah thought that was just me! I have to fully close and restart Safari on my iPhone 5 to get embedded youtube videos to show - especially here on Boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭mcw92

Seen someone post something similar above so thought id ask.

With Vodafone atm, and going to change to Three.
    Im on Beta 6 of IOS, i shouldn't have issues using the Three sim should I?

Its already unlocked btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Does installing this Beta invalidate the warranty on the phone if your not a developer? I have a phone going back to apple next week for a repair and was thinking of installing this on the phone before I do. Also is it still possible to revert to 6.1.4 when you are finished with the beta?

Also has anyone got a link for download?

Advertisement