Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Installing the ios7 beta?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

guil wrote: »
    Didn't have to restore. Everything was as it was before I updated, I read online that iCloud backup wouldn't work properly and you needed a local backup

Why did you not have to restore? I thought that was the only option. The local backup did not work either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Why did you not have to restore? I thought that was the only option. The local backup did not work either.

I just held shift and clicked check for update. Selected the file and ten mins later it was done. Didn't even have to sync anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

I just held shift and clicked check for update. Selected the file and ten mins later it was done. Didn't even have to sync anything

Seems to be totally arbitrary. I'm going to try it on a different Mac.

Damn. I must have assumed I had to restore. I started at 8:30 this morning. It's still not done. Sometimes it stalls. Then I have to turn the phone on and off. Ask for passwords each time.
    It's registered to a developer. I'm using a 4s.

Damn. I must have assumed I had to restore. I started at 8:30 this morning. It's still not done. Sometimes it stalls. Then I have to turn the phone on and off. Ask for passwords each time.
    It's registered to a developer. I'm using a 4s.

Restore won't work. You have to hit update

• Advertisement

Restore won't work. You have to hit update

Im trying to think what exactly I done. Basicly in iTunes I hit shift, used the ios 7 file. I deleted the iPhone to put ios 7 on it.

Now I am restoring from icloud back up.

Im trying to think what exactly I done. Basicly in iTunes I hit shift, used the ios 7 file. I deleted the iPhone to put ios 7 on it.

Now I am restoring from icloud back up.

Just do a normal restore from backup in iTunes. You might need to put it in DFU first though.

Then hold shift and click update.

Ah it's working. Getting ios7 on the phone was fine.

Just restoring from backup is taking hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

All working fine for me been using it the last hour for, calls, texts, internet and it's all good. Everything restored perfectly but it took a few goes.

What I did, backed up my iphone5, then done a complete reset. I then updated the phone (not restored, it looks for dev account if you do a restore). I got the firmware (for iPhone 5) from our buddy Kim Dotcom.

One iOS7 installed I then restored the iphone from my itunes backup and everything is woking perfect. Siri still sounds like a dude though:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Following posts like the one above and others on Boards.ie I backed up my iPhone to my computer with iTunes. Downloaded iOS7. Just check you're downloading the right one. Most people are linking to the iPhone 5 version of iOS7. I have a 4S so downloaded the 4S version of iOS7.
    Then hold down the SHIFT key and click "Check for updates". Select the iOS7 file you downloaded. Click confirm update and wait about 10 minutes. I restarted my phone as others here suggested after the updated and now enjoying iOS7.

Thanks to all the posts and replies from everyone which make it lot lot easier than I though it would be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

I'm tempted to download iOS 7 does anybody know can you roll back to 6.1.4 handy enough? if you have problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

I'm tempted to download iOS 7 does anybody know can you roll back to 6.1.4 handy enough? if you have problems

Very simple. With the phone plugged into your PC, enter DFU mode and select the older firmware (restore). Takes about 10 - 15mins normally.

I had no problems anyway when I had to do it (I forgot to downgrade initially),

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

So far all attempts to load onto my 4 and my 4S have been met with a cold indifference.

However, this time, the second of the two downloaded ISPW files is being accepted by my 5.

culabula wrote: »
    So far all attempts to load onto my 4 and my 4S have been met with a cold indifference.

However, this time, the second of the two downloaded ISPW files is being accepted by my 5.

Then you're clearly downloading the wrong ones. It's a different ipsw for each device. The iPhone 5 ipsw is 1.12 gb iirc

All working fine for me been using it the last hour for, calls, texts, internet and it's all good. Everything restored perfectly but it took a few goes.

What I did, backed up my iphone5, then done a complete reset. I then updated the phone (not restored, it looks for dev account if you do a restore). I got the firmware (for iPhone 5) from our buddy Kim Dotcom.

One iOS7 installed I then restored the iphone from my itunes backup and everything is woking perfect. Siri still sounds like a dude though:(

Firefox won't let me download the FW any idea's ?

Firefox won't let me download the FW any idea's ?

Not to be smart but don't use firefox, the link works in chrome I just checked. It's downloading slow must be a bit of a draw on the file, I downloaded it yesterday and it whizzed down.

Then you're clearly downloading the wrong ones. It's a different ipsw for each device. The iPhone 5 ipsw is 1.12 gb iirc

No, I'm not. I'm downloading the same ones as you are, from the same source. I have two different ones for my 4 (3.1), one for my 4S (4.1) and two for my 5 (5.1 & 5.2).

Only the 5.2 ipsw actually worked in the manner which is known to work. The rest give me the same error message each time, even though the 4 is now registered.

I've installed these betas before many times, so am a bit flummoxed.

On a positive note, have to say am very impressed with 7.0 now installed on my 5. Took under 10 minutes.

Up and running now thanks to all for the help.

Not to be smart but don't use firefox, the link works in chrome I just checked. It's downloading slow must be a bit of a draw on the file, I downloaded it yesterday and it whizzed down.

Yes, trying to download it on Safari gives a very snotty message about an "outmoded browser" and forces one to use Chrome, which I regard as the browser from hell.

• Advertisement

I had the same problem in Safari, I wonder what Apple & Firefox did to upset Kim?

Still no option to set iOS to 3G only or is it hidden somewhere?

I had the same problem in Safari, I wonder what Apple & Firefox did to upset Kim?

Still no option to set iOS to 3G only or is it hidden somewhere?

Isn't that always operator-dependant ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Its eating battery...anyone notice this?

I also though on 6 that you could remove the battery icon from the top...cant see this now or was I wrong

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭dazedandlost

Blazer wrote: »
    look on the last few posts of the WDC thread

https://mega.co.nz/#!yZEVhDiQ!K4vcWF...VfmGlg_kHhU5Io

be carefull upgrading..if you're phone is not registered as a dev device you need to updated to latest version of ios (6.4) and then shift+update to ios 7

Do not shift+restore as I did..pain in the ass to fix if you do.:(

I am being asked for a code in order to download this fomr Mega, does anybody know what this is?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Updated fine, no issues activating without developer account or registered udid. A little buggy and unfinished looking but some nice features which are worth having imo..

I generly like it. Few things I don't. But I was getting bored with ios. So 7 can't come quick enough.

I do find the grey and font hard to see at times. Also I don't like now the way you open a folder and no can scroll to the left.

A little buggy so far IMDB app wont work and music player starts intermittently when in control centre by and large nice features.

Its eating battery...anyone notice this?

I also though on 6 that you could remove the battery icon from the top...cant see this now or was I wrong

Haven't noticed any battery issue as such but the battery on my i5 is poor and this is my third one. Might have to send it back again. Didn't know you could remove the battery icon only the percentage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭matchthis

iMessages and FaceTime not workin here. Some apps won't open as a message saying connect to iTunes to enable notifications. part from that, all gravy!

• Advertisement

The name FaceTime was not forward thinking by Apple. FaceTime voice does not really make sense.

Advertisement