Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Installing the ios7 beta?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

matchthis wrote: »
    iMessages and FaceTime not workin here. Some apps won't open as a message saying connect to iTunes to enable notifications. part from that, all gravy!

Not tried FaceTime, but iMessage fine for me. Have found I've had to turn screen brightness down to nearly min to allow for super white screens on many apps..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

iMessages and FaceTime not workin here. Some apps won't open as a message saying connect to iTunes to enable notifications. part from that, all gravy!

Restoring from most recent phone backup sorted that out for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Just wondering how I can get around the 3194 error I'm getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭matchthis

Graham wrote: »
    Restoring from most recent phone backup sorted that out for me.

Is it ok to do restore if not developer registered though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Is it ok to do restore if not developer registered though?

Nope, when you update you keep your 'activation' but if you restore you'll need to reactivate and since you aren't a developer you won't be able too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

Its definitely "different" anyway!...

All the apps i use are working and so is iMessage!

the overall feel is nice,but on full brightness the app icons look very very bright!

going to take some getting used to but i do like it already :)

even if my location services are placing me in Carlow :/ lol

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Small things make a big difference, notifications on lock screen, better access to camera from lock screen, slide to unlock anywhere on screen, obviously control centre, are all great usability features, although what's in control centre is a bit weird.

Also really like new way to access search, took a while to find it, but instead of swipe right, swiping down from middle of screen pops it up. Nicely done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Installed on my iPhone 4. Very sluggish at first but a bit better now. Battery life seems to have decreased. Can't quit apps using the app switcher. It's painfully slow and crashes the phone when you swipe up to quit. Like the control centre though, and the new look is good. One worry though. When the official launch comes out, can you just update it from the beta?

A lot of the App crashes were fixed for me by restoring from a recent backup (restore from backup in iTunes NOT restore iPhone), not tested with non dev-registered phones so do this at your own risk.

The first Beta will probably(almost certainly) expire before the public release of iOS 7, Murphys law dictates that this will happen when you are nowhere near a PC at a time when you absolutely must have your mobile phone.

If I remember correctly the next few Betas are usually OTA updates although I'm not sure how these work with non dev-registered phones. Although previous Betas were followed by OTA updates there is no guarantee this will be the case with iOS7.

If you're off on holiday in the next few weeks and you won't have access to your PC and a decent internet connection consider your back-out strategy if your Beta goes iBrick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Brightness bug is there..have to lock the screen and re-open to get back original brightness (as in screen gets too dim).

Another: ip5 gets very hot when charging..and seems to be extremely slow to charge as well unless there's some app wasting the battery..(killed everything though)

Calendar notification screen: only displays IOS calendar.

security bug bypassing lockscreen

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2013/06/12/bug-in-ios-7-beta-lets-anyone-bypass-iphone-lockscreen-to-access-photos/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Blazer wrote: »
    Brightness bug is there..have to lock the screen and re-open to get back original brightness (as in screen gets too dim).

Another: ip5 gets very hot when charging..and seems to be extremely slow to charge as well unless there's some app wasting the battery..(killed everything though)

security bug bypassing lockscreen

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2013/06/12/bug-in-ios-7-beta-lets-anyone-bypass-iphone-lockscreen-to-access-photos/

I'm very pleased with battery performance, but then I have been since I removed all Facebook apps from my iPhone 5 as per recent report.

jakdublin wrote: »
    Installed on my iPhone 4. Very sluggish at first but a bit better now. Battery life seems to have decreased. Can't quit apps using the app switcher. It's painfully slow and crashes the phone when you swipe up to quit. Like the control centre though, and the new look is good. One worry though. When the official launch comes out, can you just update it from the beta?

Have had no problems with quitting apps and the only app I have so far found not to work is Jelly SMS.

When iOS 7 is released, you can easily update from the most recent beta unless it is the Golden Master.

Listening to iTunes radio via AirPlay to six Airport base stations.

iPhone 5 has gone from 100% to 99% in over 25 minutes.

UPDATE: it's just dropped another 1% in the past 5 minutes. Outrageous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Is anyone else missing the weather from notification centre?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I read on another forum that the weather app icon live updates as well. Haven't noticed it doing that on mine. Anyone else?

I read on another forum that the weather app icon live updates as well. Haven't noticed it doing that on mine. Anyone else?

Static icon here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Static icon here.

+1

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

culabula wrote: »
    Listening to iTunes radio
    UPDATE: it's just dropped another 1% in the past 5 minutes. Outrageous.

Battery usage is huge...Also...where is itunes Radio

Ebay App Crashing

Battery usage is huge...Also...where is itunes Radio

Nope, am finding battery usage quite acceptable. However, it's a beta so will be variable. In addition, battery performance is always far worse in ROI.

Once you log into your iTunes account with an American ID, iTunes radio will manifest itself in Music.

• Advertisement

Clear app not functioning properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Also where has spotlight gone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Does anyone else think it's taking way longer to charge, I'm nearly plugged in an hour and only at 19%.

Also where has spotlight gone?

Spotlight is now system-wide, which is great.

This post has been deleted.

Pull down the middle of ALL screens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Is anyone else missing the weather from notification centre?

Yup, not the same without it. It was great to get a quick glance. They might add it back in.

TBi wrote: »
    Yup, not the same without it. It was great to get a quick glance. They might add it back in.

I think the weather appears in the today section of the notification centre in some circumstances. I just haven't worked out what those circumstances are yet :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

culabula wrote: »
    Once you log into your iTunes account with an American ID, iTunes radio will manifest itself in Music.

This has to be done on the PC I take it?

Updated there relatively easily even though I don't have a developer account. Could I run. Into any issues down the line? Not overly impressed so far. Seems a bit sluggish to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Casher

I think the weather appears in the today section of the notification centre in some circumstances. I just haven't worked out what those circumstances are yet :D

If you go to settings>privacy>location services and slide the weather to 'on' a text description of the weather appears in the notification centre.

I don't think the weather icon is live, there is just animation within the app, especially if you have a few cities pinch to look at them all on the one screen

Advertisement