Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Installing the ios7 beta?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Casher wrote: »
    If you go to settings>privacy>location services and slide the weather to 'on' a text description of the weather appears in the notification centre.

ok, you pass. Thanks for that, next test coming soon. :pac:

It's not the most decorative feature bit it's functional I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,675 ✭✭✭squonk

I installed yesterday evening for the craic but I found very quickly that iMessage wasn't working anymore so I went back to 6.1.4. for the time I had it, I found it very bright and not quite as readable as v6. It's a worthy update but they've a lot of work left to do on the interface to get it looking well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Downloaded it last night.

Abolsutely loving it.

Mission control is by far the biggest improvement to my day-to-day iphone experience. Used to be an awful trek to get to turn on and off bluetooth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

squonk wrote: »
    I installed yesterday evening for the craic but I found very quickly that iMessage wasn't working anymore so I went back to 6.1.4.

I got iMessage working... not sure how but this is what i did. In clock settings turn off auto time zone, then switch off facetime and imessage, switch auto time zone back on again and switch facetime and imessage back on. Some user on another forum posted this as a possible fix.

Started working then. Going back to 6.1.4 anyway, i'll wait until it's more stable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

L'prof wrote: »
    This has to be done on the PC I take it?

Updated there relatively easily even though I don't have a developer account. Could I run. Into any issues down the line? Not overly impressed so far. Seems a bit sluggish to be honest

No, simply log in on the device with your US iTunes ID.

• Advertisement

ucd.1985 wrote: »
    Downloaded it last night.

Abolsutely loving it.

Mission control is by far the biggest improvement to my day-to-day iphone experience. Used to be an awful trek to get to turn on and off bluetooth.

Control Centre :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

culabula wrote: »
    Have had no problems with quitting apps and the only app I have so far found not to work is Jelly SMS.

When iOS 7 is released, you can easily update from the most recent beta unless it is the Golden Master.

Cool. So just avoid the GM and I can update without going back to IOS 6?

jakdublin wrote: »
    Cool. So just avoid the GM and I can update without going back to IOS 6?

Well, GM IS the GM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

I downloaded from Mega but am getting an error when trying to update through iTunes - 3194. Anyone got any ideas? Ive an iphone 5 and would love to try this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

the occasional (3 in total) since tuesday, but thats to be expected... not going back to ios6. i like the interface too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

ios7 won't connect to CIE wifi, weird as it connected fine when on ios6, could be a faulty train ill try again tomorrow. Skype also won't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Battery usage is huge...Also...where is itunes Radio

Itunes Radio is only been rolled out in US for now.

Another question for people here, Im thinking of updating, What happens when apple stick out another beta,Does the phone be able to do update itself or do we have to manually do it ourselves?

Based on that,When the new ios is available system wide,Will the phone be able to automatically update to bug free IOS7 in "Fall"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

culabula wrote: »
    No, simply log in on the device with your US iTunes ID.

Have it now, thanks. I think I had to kill the music app before switching to the US store.

Looks like I was able to get ios7 onto the phone but it told me that I couldnt activate the phone so had to restore to 6.1.4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

One great new iOS 7 feature with notification centre is it's adapted a sort of Google Now experience. It will give you an estimate of an expected journey to or from work without you asking. Kind of thinking ahead, I also love the new text based weather, and the new nature of Notification Centre.

Also very thoughtful recommending a good sleep ahead of a busy day :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

DubDJ wrote: »
    One great new iOS 7 feature with notification centre is it's adapted a sort of Google Now experience. It will give you an estimate of an expected journey to or from work without you asking. Kind of thinking ahead, I also love the new text based weather, and the new nature of Notification Centre.

Also very thoughtful recommending a good sleep ahead of a busy day :D

Ah this makes sense now. In location services I noticed frequent locations. You van view and clear your history. Although I had nothing to view so I turned it off. I have most location services turned off.

Google now is brilliant. But scary. I wonder if Apple are going to put there spin on it and do what they do best with other people's ideas. Make it better.

This with Siri would be really a personal assistant. Next big thing for the new iPhone?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Can you turn off the added multitasking for most used apps? I assume not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Decided it was too buggy for my iPhone 4. Or maybe I just have too many apps for it to run smoothly. I went back to IOS 6 easy enough but I had to restore as a new phone. There's probably a way to restore from an older backup, but I stopped using Time Machine a few months ago so didn't have one available. Still, most of my valuable stuff like contacts and calender is in icloud and it gave me a chance to clear out some apps. I'll install again when it comes out officially, but my current iPhone 4 should be my second phone by then and won't be as crammed with junk.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭MissyFit

Im on my 4s on iOS 7 but eBay and adverts.ie keep crashing . Is it the same for everyone else ? Besides those 2 apps , I really like iOS 7 , everything else is running smoothly .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Looks like I was able to get ios7 onto the phone but it told me that I couldnt activate the phone so had to restore to 6.1.4

You need to upgrade to 7, you done a restore of 7 that's why it wouldn't activate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Anyone also experiencing this issue in iOS7.

Podcasts to not appear in notification centre options. ie I cant remove the red circle when new podcasts are available.

Thanks a million folks. Got it updated and its class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

Did I just brick my iPhone??

I shift-Updated to ios7 and it installed ok. But when it restarts all I see is a white screen with the apple logo and "locked sim" at the top with the battery indicator?

iTunes won't let me restore from backup??

Elessar wrote: »
    Did I just brick my iPhone??

I shift-Updated to ios7 and it installed ok. But when it restarts all I see is a white screen with the apple logo and "locked sim" at the top with the battery indicator?

iTunes won't let me restore from backup??

Put your phone into DFU mode. Then restore it. That's the only way to do it after you've updated AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Enjoying it so far, calendar only shows day schedule. Clock icon an hour of sync.

naasrd wrote: »
    Enjoying it so far, calendar only shows day schedule. Clock icon an hour of sync.

Press the back button on the top left corner that brings you back to the month view of June. Try restarting your phone to fix the hour delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Any sign of iPad mini build yet

Any sign of iPad mini build yet

Nope, won't be out for a few weeks they said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

DubDJ wrote: »
    Press the back button on the top left corner that brings you back to the month view of June. Try restarting your phone to fix the hour delay.

Did the trick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

jakdublin wrote: »
    Decided it was too buggy for my iPhone 4. Or maybe I just have too many apps for it to run smoothly. .

I'd be thinking twice about ever updating an iPhone 4 to ios7. From experience major iOS releases tend to be good for the current and previous version of the device but kill the performance of older devices.

I wish I could roll my ipad1 back to ios4. Ios5 killed its usability.

Advertisement