Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Installing the ios7 beta?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I'm really getting used to it, especially new useful simple feature and the clean look in mail, notes calendar, incoming calls etc etc. older apps like twitter etc now feel out of date and old fashioned somehow. Can't see how I can go back.

On the downside I continue to have battery issues, only getting 8/9 hours with moderate use of phone/email etc. use to get roughly double that. Can live with it for now, but may have to downgrade if travelling.

Minor occasional issues with the low light bug and occasionally buttons going missing from safari and mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    I'd be thinking twice about ever updating an iPhone 4 to ios7. From experience major iOS releases tend to be good for the current and previous version of the device but kill the performance of older devices.

I wish I could roll my ipad1 back to ios4. Ios5 killed its usability.

I think you're right. I'm due an upgrade but will wait for the next generation iPhone. I'll put ios7 on my 4 but it'll be a second phone by then and so will only have a few basic apps on it. My current second phone is a 3 running ios4.2 and while it is slow I really only use it for phone calls and texts. Stuck a new battery in it and it goes for four or five days without a recharge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Probably going to install this now, before I do, is anyone having issues with Viber if they have it installed? Is it working ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Getting it crashing to the Apple logo when I slide to unlock every so often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I've gotten a few random crashes myself. Not major though just goes back to the lock screen. Also I had a missed call earlier and I clicked the notification from the lock screen and it opened to a blank white screen while calling. The July way I could get out was by restarting the phone.

Only two apps I've noticed that are completely crashing are Adverts.ie and eBay.

• Advertisement

DubDJ wrote: »
    I've gotten a few random crashes myself. Not major though just goes back to the lock screen. Also I had a missed call earlier and I clicked the notification from the lock screen and it opened to a blank white screen while calling. The July way I could get out was by restarting the phone.

Only two apps I've noticed that are completely crashing are Adverts.ie and eBay.

Same here, though had to delete shazam as it wouldn't quit, kept showing the red status bar when ever I left the app.

naasrd wrote: »
    Same here, though had to delete shazam as it wouldn't quit, kept showing the red status bar when ever I left the app.

That could actually be down to Shazam. They've added some 'always on' feature to the last update. Check to make sure it's not left on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

went back to ios6 as batttery life wasn't lasting a day..looking forward to the next few betas though to see if it improves etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭matchthis

Blazer wrote: »
    went back to ios6 as batttery life wasn't lasting a day..looking forward to the next few betas though to see if it improves etc.

Did you just do a restore through iTunes and is your device a developer device? Looking at going back, but not sure if possible as mines not dev registered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭shanec1928

naasrd wrote: »
    happened me i just denied it permission for the mic then it stopped. anybody who uses tweetbot notice when ya load it carrier comes up under where the operator logo is and notification are playing up on it as well.

• Advertisement

matchthis wrote: »
    Did you just do a restore through iTunes and is your device a developer device? Looking at going back, but not sure if possible as mines not dev registered

You can't do a restore if you've done a backup of your device on iOS 7. You need to find a copy of iOS 6 for your device and you can set it up as a new device. You'll lose all your settings but if you're using iCloud at least you'll have all your essential stuff like contacts and calendars. Don't think you're allowed to post here how to do it but a quick google search will sort you out.

In location settings has anybody noticed that find my iPhone shows up as been off but when ya go into it it's turned on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bartonso

quite bany bugs i think!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I had no battery issues yesterday when phone want in pocket all day, I'm convinced now that halved battery life is because the slide to unlock is so easy now that the phone is constantly unlocking itself in my pocket..

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Turbo Turtle

Anyone else having problems with reminders app? I can't add a new reminder or tick/delete the ones on it. Find I have to make one on the iPad for it to sync over to the phone.

nah its a standard iphone 5.
    I think it could be the mail push or facebook as I have them to push. Normally not an issue.

For reverting back to ios6 you have to go 6.1.4 and put your phone in recovery mode (hold power+home for approx 10 secs) and itunes will detect a phone in recovery and restore..
    i might have download the ipw though and gone back that way..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

Anybody that's thinking of upgrading to IOS7 I'd think twice if I were you. I upgraded mine 3 days ago and it's been very buggy and hard to use it's starting to get on my nerves all the little things that dont work so well. I'm going home from work tonight and downgrading till the GM is released.

Anybody that's thinking of upgrading to IOS7 I'd think twice if I were you. I upgraded mine 3 days ago and it's been very buggy and hard to use it's starting to get on my nerves all the little things that dont work so well. I'm going home from work tonight and downgrading till the GM is released.

what phone are you running it on?
    Found it was pretty good on ip5 and going to give it another shot now and disable push for mail to see if that improves battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

Finally got it working on my ip5.

Though iMessage is not working at all....is this a common problem or am I doing something wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Elessar wrote: »

Though iMessage is not working at all....is this a common problem or am I doing something wrong?

I think you're doing something wrong as it works for me. Have you tried turning iMessage off and on?

• Advertisement

Elessar wrote: »

Try restarting your iPhone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭matchthis

I did the update when it came out and found it a little buggy and iMessages and FaceTime not working. Kept on getting error message about push notifications when opening some apps. Reverted back to iOS 6.1.4 and set up as new phone. Activated and all. Then did update again and everything is working. Restored my info from iCloud, manually set up mail addresses and just synced apps with iTunes. No crashing, apart from odd app like adverts, but feels alot more stable. I can also get the full boards.ie site as opposed to the mobile site that kept loading. Definitely sticking with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

what phone are you running it on?
    Found it was pretty good on ip5 and going to give it another shot now and disable push for mail to see if that improves battery.

Im using an iPhone 5. Dont get me wrong it looks so much better than ios6 but all the little bugs are becoming a little but to much. It feels to me like its not as fluid as ios6 also and I don't feel like playing with as much anymore.

Before i updated i never had the thing out of my hand, but now I find myself using my laptop more to look at Facebook and browse safari. I'm probably just knit picking, who knows...lol

it had been great for me up until today but its been very buggy for me today turning on and off etc with a few other small things that and i was struggling to get a full days battery with my regular usage where as id get it no problem on iOS 6 so back i go. Hate it already but until its a bit more stable i wont be updating again.

shanec1928 wrote: »
    it had been great for me up until today but its been very buggy for me today turning on and off etc with a few other small things that and i was struggling to get a full days battery with my regular usage where as id get it no problem on iOS 6 so back i go. Hate it already but until its a bit more stable i wont be updating again.

disable push for email..makes a huge difference on ios7

disable push for email..makes a huge difference on ios7
    its too late now have downgraded. need something stable for on holidays anyway.

I did the update when it came out and found it a little buggy and iMessages and FaceTime not working. Kept on getting error message about push notifications when opening some apps. Reverted back to iOS 6.1.4 and set up as new phone. Activated and all. Then did update again and everything is working. Restored my info from iCloud, manually set up mail addresses and just synced apps with iTunes. No crashing, apart from odd app like adverts, but feels alot more stable. I can also get the full boards.ie site as opposed to the mobile site that kept loading. Definitely sticking with it

That sounds like good advice, especially if you're running it on an iPhone 4. Almost tempted to have another go now. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

culabula wrote: »
    No, I'm not. I'm downloading the same ones as you are, from the same source. I have two different ones for my 4 (3.1), one for my 4S (4.1) and two for my 5 (5.1 & 5.2).

Only the 5.2 ipsw actually worked in the manner which is known to work. The rest give me the same error message each time, even though the 4 is now registered.

I've installed these betas before many times, so am a bit flummoxed.

On a positive note, have to say am very impressed with 7.0 now installed on my 5. Took under 10 minutes.

There are two different models of iPhone 5. One for US GSM + LTE & another for CDMA + LTE. You obviously tried the US one first. Your model number is on the back of your phone A1429 and that is iPhone 5,2 so you needed the second ISPW.

Anyone else having problems with reminders app? I can't add a new reminder or tick/delete the ones on it. Find I have to make one on the iPad for it to sync over to the phone.

Yeah, it just quits without saving. I'm using Siri (to add Reminders) and it works really well.

• Advertisement

Just tired the Reminders app on my iPhone 5 and it's working ok. No crashes.

Advertisement