Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Installing the ios7 beta?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Aodhagan wrote: »
    There are two different models of iPhone 5. One for US GSM + LTE & another for CDMA + LTE. You obviously tried the US one first. Your model number is on the back of your phone A1429 and that is iPhone 5,2 so you needed the second ISPW.

I'm sorry if there's confusion. I have successfully installed iOS 7 on my iPhone 5. No issues there.

On the other hand, the ISPW refuses to install on either my iPhone 4 or 4S -I have the correct files for each of these phones. In addition, my iPhone 4 is registered. To add to the confusion, I sent my nephew via Dropbox the ISPW for iPhone 4S that refuses to install on mine and he had it up and running on his in minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Does the email push make that much difference I have turn off push and set it to fetch every 15 mins will this help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Does the email push make that much difference I have turn off push and set it to fetch every 15 mins will this help

I set mine to 1 hour and it made a huge difference.
    I'd put it to at least 30 mins to conserve battery life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

anyone have a problem writing long texts and cant see the actual text if it goes beyond one line ?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

anyone have a problem writing long texts and cant see the actual text if it goes beyond one line ?

I've written a few long texts and not seen that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I had iOS 7 on my 5 for just over a day. It's fun to play with but I think anyone using it as their primary device for daily use is a little bit mad considering the bugs & some third party app's incompatibility. I will wait until the GM before installing again.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Handy tip for anyone running iOS 7 Beta, a 10 minute FaceTime call turns your iPhone into a convenient pocket size radiator.

In Summary on the lock screen I keep getting a message with the location services icon telling me it's 18 minutes driving to the Hugh Lane Gallery. Any ideas?

Aodhagan wrote: »
    I had iOS 7 on my 5 for just over a day. It's fun to play with but I think anyone using it as their primary device for daily use is a little bit mad considering the bugs & some third party app's incompatibility. I will wait until the GM before installing again.

May do the same myself

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

naasrd wrote: »
    In Summary on the lock screen I keep getting a message with the location services icon telling me it's 18 minutes driving to the Hugh Lane Gallery. Any ideas?

Have you tried driving to the Hugh Lane Gallery? Was it right, did it take 18 minutes? Did the icon/message go away? Keep us posted.... :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Forgive me for ignorance, But i assume its not as easy as Just manually updating to ios7 by downloading the ipsw? You need a devoloper account no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

That's the Google Now type feature built in. It must think you travel there often. And keeps recommending it and the estimated time of travel.

If you go into Settings>Privacy>Location Services>System Services>Frequent Locations and then Clear History. That should stop it recommending it.

I noticed when playing an album, that I cant get it to play in sequence...ie track 1,2,3,4 etc....it seems to be shuffling the songs even though I don't have shuffle on

DubDJ wrote: »
    That's the Google Now type feature built in. It must think you travel there often. And keeps recommending it and the estimated time of travel.

If you go into Settings>Privacy>Location Services>System Services>Frequent Locations and then Clear History. That should stop it recommending it.

Thanks DubDJ, you've been a great help throughout. Really loving iOS 7 despite the odd crash, was having around 6 reboots a day, changed from animated wallpaper to a photo I took, turned off push and haven't had a crash since, not sure if it helps but I thought I'd mention it. Today, watched around 8 minutes of a video and was still on 100% battery. I'm on the 5 and if anyone is having second thoughts about installing it don't. It's almost like having a new iPhone.

Forgive me for ignorance, But i assume its not as easy as Just manually updating to ios7 by downloading the ipsw? You need a devoloper account no?

That's what I did. Just restore phone as new first then follow the steps and you're good to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'm on the 5 and if anyone is having second thoughts about installing it don't. It's almost like having a new iPhone.

I'd second that, works pretty well on the 5, you wouldn't really know it's a beta.

38858728.jpg

Fair enough, just the first time round I restored from a back up and when it started to install iOS 7 I got stuck on the Apple logo, after a minor heart attack I restored from new and was fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭dazedandlost

Anyone got a good link for ios7 beta download? I have tried the Mega link but it keeps asking me for a code before I can download...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Anyone got a good link for ios7 beta download? I have tried the Mega link but it keeps asking me for a code before I can download...

Just google it. There's a few UDID registering sites that have a free download link of iOS. Just check it out on Google.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭dazedandlost

DubDJ wrote: »
    Just google it. There's a few UDID registering sites that have a free download link of iOS. Just check it out on Google.

Thx have been googling already but can only find links that bring me to the Mega site, and keeps asking me for authorisation code before I can download...

Battery seems to be ok so far, anyone having any issues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Any sign of a beta for iPad appearing yet? Unfortunately I'm not brave enough to try it on my iPhone 5 as I use it quite a lot and can't afford it to crash all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

hmmm seems i left the auto update of apps option turned on and now facebook tried to update itself and got stuck. i cant delete it, i cant redownload it, and i cant run it. luckily its not my main phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

hmmm seems i left the auto update of apps option turned on and now facebook tried to update itself and got stuck. i cant delete it, i cant redownload it, and i cant run it. luckily its not my main phone.

Happens to me with all updates; I just go to the AppStore and tap on update and it works.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Blazer wrote: »
    went back to ios6 as batttery life wasn't lasting a day..looking forward to the next few betas though to see if it improves etc.

I'm having problems rolling back to 6.1.2 , keep getting error 3194 . Anyone got any ideas ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

sharkman wrote: »
    I'm having problems rolling back to 6.1.2 , keep getting error 3194 . Anyone got any ideas ?

I 'think' you can only roll back to 6.1.4 (if iphone 5) or 6.1.3 if 4 or 4S.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Mr Velo wrote: »
    I 'think' you can only roll back to 6.1.4 (if iphone 5) or 6.1.3 if 4 or 4S.

^^ correct...apple are only signing 6.1.4
    I had 6.1.2 jb and I can't go back to it asmuch as I'd like to...reason why Iwent back to ios7..it's better than vanilla ios 6.1.4

Advertisement