Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Installing the ios7 beta?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Mr Velo wrote: »
    I 'think' you can only roll back to 6.1.4 (if iphone 5) or 6.1.3 if 4 or 4S.

Just figured it out , there goes my JB , ah well !:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

I just downgraded to ios6 thank **** for that. I nearly threw my phone out the window a few times over the last week. Great looking OS and some great features, but is as buggy as ****.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's a beta. It's supposed to be buggy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

agreed :)
    It has enough nice features to prefer over going back to ios6.1.4 so will hold out for the beta2 revision etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

I know what you're saying but I lost patience with it. It's still very very raw. I can't wait to download the GM when it gets released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's not even ready for everyday use. it's ready for developers to load onto a test phone so that they can get their apps ready for day 1 of iOS 7 launch.

There's no way it's going on my main phone. I did buy an iPod Touch to sacrifice for testing however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

culabula wrote: »
    Happens to me with all updates; I just go to the AppStore and tap on update and it works.

not for me, just gives me the "open" option which does nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Thankfully I'm not seeing any and at times I forget its a beta. Really enjoying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Been using it since it came out and I've not had any major problems.

Some of my artists aren't showing in artist view but they're searchable so it's all gravy.

going by recent releases we should see beta 2 being released either today or tomorrow..definitely within this week anyway I'd say.

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    going by recent releases we should see beta 2 being released either today or tomorrow..definitely within this week anyway I'd say.

Yeah, interesting few days ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

naasrd wrote: »
    Yeah, interesting few days ahead.

Yep, I imagine if there'll be any major changes they'll start to show up in beta 2. Tbh I'm hoping for an improved calendar layout because the current one is less useful than the previous one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

The only thing is this is a much larger change than previous updates, and they also still don't have the iPad version. I'd say we might see that before the beta 2 for the iPhone.

DubDJ wrote: »
    The only thing is this is a much larger change than previous updates, and they also still don't have the iPad version. I'd say we might see that before the beta 2 for the iPhone.

Do you know if you have to roll back to iOS 6.1.4 in order to register your UDID? I've got mine registered but not sure if I'm good to go with next beta update.

Do you know if you have to roll back to iOS 6.1.4 in order to register your UDID? I've got mine registered but not sure if I'm good to go with next beta update.

No I cant see any need for that. UDID is just an identifier for your iPhone, what software your running doesn't effect it. It will just allow you to activate now that your phone is officially registered for iOS 7. But weird thing is Apple is letting anybody activate even with no UDID registered.

I'm wondering what will happen with the next beta. Will we be able to update, will they add back the UDID requirement. Maybe it was just a glitch with this first beta, but maybe Apple wanted a larger testing database so allowed anybody to install. We'l soon see anyway.

No I cant see any need for that. UDID is just an identifier for your iPhone, what software your running doesn't effect it. It will just allow you to activate now that your phone is officially registered for iOS 7. But weird thing is Apple is letting anybody activate even with no UDID registered.

I'm wondering what will happen with the next beta. Will we be able to update, will they add back the UDID requirement. Maybe it was just a glitch with this first beta, but maybe Apple wanted a larger testing database so allowed anybody to install. We'l soon see anyway.

Thanks, that's why I registered this morning on the chance it was a glitch and there'll be no back doorwith beta 2 like last week. If beta 2 comes out I hope it's just amatter of updating via iTunes now that I've registered. We'll see...

Thanks, that's why I registered this morning on the chance it was a glitch and there'll be no back doorwith beta 2 like last week. If beta 2 comes out I hope it's just amatter of updating via iTunes now that I've registered. We'll see...

I'm hoping its a simple over the air update. I won't be budging until I know it's safe. Otherwise I might have to downgrade to iOS 6.

Apple didn't enforce the signing because of the number of developers upgrading to ios7
    probably beta2 will be the same.

Apple didn't enforce the signing because of the number of developers upgrading to ios7
    probably beta2 will be the same.

I don't understand. Apple have always had huge number on the developer program and theres always a huge surge in the amount of devs updating around WWDC. Why would this year be any different? Why would they remove the requirement for the beta to be signed?

I don't understand. Apple have always had huge number on the developer program and theres always a huge surge in the amount of devs updating around WWDC. Why would this year be any different? Why would they remove the requirement for the beta to be signed?

Wonder had it anything to see how many jailbreakers would jump ship, especially with a few cydia app killers now in ios 7? Apart from MyWi and Sparrow mail push there's nothing much else I need from jailbreaking.

• Advertisement

Wonder had it anything to see how many jailbreakers would jump ship, especially with a few cydia app killers now in ios 7? Apart from MyWi and Sparrow mail push there's nothing much else I need from jailbreaking.

I miss Auxo/Zephyr though..have to use the home button again is a major PITA..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

It's less buggy than I would have expected given the changes. However battery life is a bug bear - I think it's calling home a lot, however there are also clear problems even on airplane mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

Beta 2 is out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

deano546 wrote: »
    Beta 2 is out.

What's the changes??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Mr Velo wrote: »
    What's the changes??

Voice memos is back.

Seeing something about a passcode to protect your messages but doesn't appear to be working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

ipad version too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Anyone know if the OTA update will brick a non dev phone?

EDIT: Just saw cula bula's post in the other thread. Downloading it now.

So the iPad version is out too? How's it working in regards non devs installing the update and iPad update?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

So the iPad version is out too? How's it working in regards non devs installing the update and iPad update?

It works. I had my iPhone registered, my ipad isnt though, both worked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Hopefully some links appear for Beta 2 for iPad soon enough. Installing it on my iPhone at the moment.

Advertisement