Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Installing the ios7 beta?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Yay, all my artists are appearing again. And with the correct artwork too!

Let's see if it improves battery life at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Anybody know if OTA update for a non registered iPhone is safe or not?

DubDJ wrote: »
    Anybody know if OTA update for a non registered iPhone is safe or not?

Yup was fine for me.

Thanks, gonna start install now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Fine here as well, search seems a lot more snappy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Any difference in UI?

Having a problem where the status bar up the top is disappearing. It turns black, I can still see it if I look closely. Opening apps puts it back as the background bar is white. Can't see it on homescreen though. Also had to setup a few things after update like iCloud Keychain. Didn't prompt for Sim Pin either. I had to manually enter it. Also the battery indicator is shown in the camera app. Kinda blocking the switch to front facing camera buttom.

Having a problem where the status bar up the top is disappearing. It turns black, I can still see it if I look closely. Opening apps puts it back as the background bar is white. Can't see it on homescreen though. Also had to setup a few things after update like iCloud Keychain. Didn't prompt for Sim Pin either. I had to manually enter it. Also the battery indicator is shown in the camera app. Kinda blocking the switch to front facing camera buttom.

Try a hard reset. I'm not experiencing any of the above.

Try a hard reset. I'm not experiencing any of the above.

Tried it already. And powered the phone off completely. It shows up initially. But after opening an app and closing it the font goes black again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Here's an idea of what the beta schedule looks like. They were spot on so far for beta 2.

Cult of Mac calculated the average time it took for an iOS x.0 beta release to move on to the next beta.

Beta 1 – lasts 14.75 days
    Beta 2 – lasts 15.4 days
    Beta 3 – lasts 15 days
    Beta 4 – lasts 18.6 days
    Beta 5 – lasts 17.8 days
    Beta 6 – lasts 11 days

Based on this, the publication came up with the following iOS 7 release dates:

Beta 2 – Monday, June 24
    Beta 3 – Wednesday, July 10
    Beta 4 – Thursday, July 25
    Beta 5 – Monday, August 12
    Beta 6 – Friday, August 30
    Gold Master – Tuesday, September 10
    iOS 7 Final – Friday, September 20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

Blazer wrote: »
    Here's an idea of what the beta schedule looks like. They were spot on so far for beta 2.

Cult of Mac calculated the average time it took for an iOS x.0 beta release to move on to the next beta.

Beta 1 – lasts 14.75 days
    Beta 2 – lasts 15.4 days
    Beta 3 – lasts 15 days
    Beta 4 – lasts 18.6 days
    Beta 5 – lasts 17.8 days
    Beta 6 – lasts 11 days

Based on this, the publication came up with the following iOS 7 release dates:

Beta 2 – Monday, June 24
    Beta 3 – Wednesday, July 10
    Beta 4 – Thursday, July 25
    Beta 5 – Monday, August 12
    Beta 6 – Friday, August 30
    Gold Master – Tuesday, September 10
    iOS 7 Final – Friday, September 20

Im not downloading it again until GM. I wonder if they'll release an iphone 5S on the 20th of September that day too?

Im not downloading it again until GM. I wonder if they'll release an iphone 5S on the 20th of September that day too?

A few weeks later at most.

Hopefully some links appear for Beta 2 for iPad soon enough. Installing it on my iPhone at the moment.

Some on https://imzdl.com/ios.php

I'm waiting for the iPad 3rd Gen though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Some great new tweaks from beta 1;able to create an event from messages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Some on https://imzdl.com/ios.php

I'm waiting for the iPad 3rd Gen though.

Me too....cheers

Me too....cheers

Seen they're getting around to the iPad 3 update now. CDMA version is up.

Seen they're getting around to the iPad 3 update now. CDMA version is up.

Looks like it's up the 3rd Gen I need Wifi iOS 7 Beta 2. I'll start downloading now, if not taking too long.

Looks like it's up the 3rd Gen I need Wifi iOS 7 Beta 2. I'll start downloading now, if not taking too long.

Yeah only up the last 5 minutes. Logged off so will download it later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Downloading the iPad 3 version now. Will use that until the official release. Keeping my iPhone 5 on 6 until the GM at least I reckon.

Yeah only up the last 5 minutes. Logged off so will download it later.

You get a notice on the page after you click the link see below

Please be sure to register your UDID with us if you haven't already.

You need to in order to be able to use this beta, else your device will be rendered unusable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I like the blue dot for newly updated apps

You get a notice on the page after you click the link see below

Please be sure to register your UDID with us if you haven't already.

You need to in order to be able to use this beta, else your device will be rendered unusable!

Yeah but you don't really. They just say that so you pay to join there developer account.

Still having the problem with the status bar on the home screen. Anybody else with an iPhone 5 having a problem with the status bar font being black on the home screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

I am finding it a lot smoother here on the 4s.
    Not any crashes or apple logo restarts yet either. Which is a good thing. As I was getting quite a few.

Yeah but you don't really. They just say that so you pay to join there developer account.

Still having the problem with the status bar on the home screen. Anybody else with an iPhone 5 having a problem with the status bar font being black on the home screen.

Cheers too slow tonight on torrentz will try again tomorrow when more links available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Does the Podcasts app work with Beta 2?

So the iPad beta is downloading painfully slow :(

The blue dot for new updated apps was in the previous beta. Other than the new Voice Recorder app there's a few tweaks to the homescreen i've noticed. Seen a few of the sites posting a lot of other stuff. No icon redesign that i've noticed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

So the iPad beta is downloading painfully slow :(

The blue dot for new updated apps was in the previous beta. Other than the new Voice Recorder app there's a few tweaks to the homescreen i've noticed. Seen a few of the sites posting a lot of other stuff. No icon redesign that i've noticed.

Mustve been the bg I was using

The font depends on the background colour.

Finally got the beta for my iPad. So shifting through and the first big welcome change for me is in the Photo app they've added a folder for the Events, like the old way of doing things. Glad to see this as it was one thing that bugged me about the new Photos layout. Noticed that there's a HDR option on the iPad now, although i'm not sure if that wasn't already added to iOS 6 and I didn't notice. Weirdly some third party app icons also changed. I read a while back that it was to do with the iOS update taking snapshots of the splash screen and using that for the icon. But weirdly the iPhone differs from the iPad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Downloaded the Beta from the above link, as Im not a developer. Getting an error message upon startup saying it could not activate my iPad as Im not a registered developer. Be careful everyone!

Edit: Im on an iPad 3rd Gen btw.

Advertisement