Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Installing the ios7 beta?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Dman001 wrote: »
    Downloaded the Beta from the above link, as Im not a developer. Getting an error message upon startup saying it could not activate my iPad as Im not a registered developer. Be careful everyone!

You need to hold shift/option and pressthe check for update button. Are you sure your not using the restore function? Worked fine for me on both iPhone 5 and iPad 3 without being a registered Dev.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

DubDJ wrote: »
    You need to hold shift/option and pressthe check for update button. Are you sure your not using the restore function? Worked fine for me on both iPhone 5 and iPad 3 without being a registered Dev.
    Duh, such a n00b. Wouldn't mind I had gone to Update, but thought I was wrong and needed to go to Restore. Much appreciated man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Just downloading it now for 3rd Gen iPad, halfway through so will take approx 20mins in total. Haven't got iPad in work with me so I will install it later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Installed it now on the iphone 5. If it fixes the duplicate notifications I'll be delighted. If I can live with the remaining bugs I probably won't update again until the official release.

Main problem i'm having on both the iPad and iPhone beta 2 is the colour of the text is changing to black when on the Homescreen. It used to stay white. It goes white and then eventually turns black and stays that way. This is using the stock wallpaper. Problem wasn't there in the first beta.

Noticed the bugs in the Facebook and Instagram are gone now. Adverts and eBay apps are still both crashing on iPhone and iPad. Haven't noticed any duplicate notifications so far.

Seems better overall. Only problem that's been added for me is the status bar text colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

anyone notice how some apps keep moving out of their assigned folder each time you sync the phone ?

eg...Linked In, you tube, Horizon TV, Find iPhone ?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

anyone notice how some apps keep moving out of their assigned folder each time you sync the phone ?

eg...Linked In, you tube, Horizon TV, Find iPhone ?

This happened to me when adding a new app to a folder through iTunes. Updating them didn't effect it. It basically threw apps out of folders that exceeded the old limit. Syncs fine otherwise.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Unless Apple is planning to add Retina to the iPad Mini in the next refresh, I think they may have to rethink the thin font. It looks terrible on my iPad 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Working well on my iPad 3rd Gen no problems with the install.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Unless Apple is planning to add Retina to the iPad Mini in the next refresh, I think they may have to rethink the thin font. It looks terrible on my iPad 2.

I would think its the next logical step for the iPad mini. I'm waiting on one so they better bring out a retina version :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I would think its the next logical step for the iPad mini. I'm waiting on one so they better bring out a retina version :)

Unfortunately I think power consumption issues will hold it back for another year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Unfortunately I think power consumption issues will hold it back for another year.

Fingers crossed they've come up with a solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

anyone point me in the direction of beta 2 for ipad mini

anyone point me in the direction of beta 2 for ipad mini

Maybe check out imzdl.com

No private browsing in the iPad version of iOS 7. Not even in settings. Pity, it's a nice feature when you wanna lend somebody your iPad and don't want all your websites signed in :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

No private browsing in the iPad version of iOS 7. Not even in settings. Pity, it's a nice feature when you wanna lend somebody your iPad and don't want all your websites signed in :D

It does work, it just takes quite a lot of Safari crashing for it to actually register. As for getting it out of private browsing, wish me luck...

Zcott wrote: »
    It does work, it just takes quite a lot of Safari crashing for it to actually register. As for getting it out of private browsing, wish me luck...

Where are you seeing settings to turn it on?

Loving iTunes Radio. It's the only thing stopping me from downgrading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

When you go into the tabbed views. It's in there. Bottom left.

Got an American account have we?

• Advertisement

Got an American account have we?

Just an old one I used for downloading free apps from the US store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Hit the address bar and you'll see an option for it down to the left. Blue is off, green is on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I have an American account...how do I switch on iTunes Radio...canf for the life of me find it...

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Zcott wrote: »
    Hit the address bar and you'll see an option for it down to the left. Blue is off, green is on.

Thanks for that. Couldn't find it anywhere.

I have an American account...how do I switch on iTunes Radio...canf for the life of me find it...

Just log into to your US iTunes account and it will appear in the Music app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Just log into to your US iTunes account and it will appear in the Music app.

Wouldnt you have to also be a part of ITunes Match?

miralize wrote: »

Nope, an iTunes Match subscription just gives you it ad-free.

miralize wrote: »

No. iTunes Radio is free with ads. iTunes Match users get it ad-free.

I'm an iTunes Match subscriber btw, but not on my US account.

EDIT: DubDJ beat me to it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Ah, right. Forgot about the ad-free part.

• Advertisement

Stuff what I noticed in Beta 2. ( and found on t'interweb).

New Voice Memos app.
    If you pause a recording in Memos and go to home screen a red pulsing light above the status bar informs you a memo is recording. The controls also appear on the lock screen if you lock while paused.

Swiping left on a conversation will show the exact time of that conversation. It then bounces back.
    In group conversions a circle with the persons initials, or picture ( if you have one) appears. The same circle when you search for a name in the search bar ( which is faster).

Timers:

Now appear on the lock screen if you set one up and lock the screen.

Smudges behind text:

Appear below text on the home screen if you choose a background which is a gradient, so the text can't be the same color. Gives a slightly 3Dish look, so they are still playing around there. You also get white smudges on the status bar in the unlock screen in certain dark backgrounds.

Music App:

Streaming works.
    The alphabetical UI thingy isn't as squashed.
    Faster, less stutter.

Some nice stuff coming in. Bugs still remain.

Advertisement