Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Value screen 4.x Jely Bean Android

• 11-06-2013 8:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭

Can anyone reccomend any Good Value Jelly Bean Android phones , screen needs to be at least 4 inches,
    Camera quality or 4G not important to me
    must have FM Radio

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Define good value. Budget?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭k123456

Hoping to spend 200 - 300 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭setanta1984

can't beat the Nexus 4 for that imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Have a look at Archos - Online Store Here. Not many reviews as it's only just out. Found one web page in French (use Chrome to translate).

There are two models worth looking at. The 50 (5 inch) or the 53 (5.3 inch). The 50 model is available to buy for 200 Euro (plus del - not sure what that is) from their website. The 53 model hasn't shipped yet. I'd like to see some more reviews before I dive in but it's a consideration.

Archos Online Store

Thanks folks for all the suggestions so far, the delivery on the Archos is 11.55, which is pretty reasonable

I will hold off on the nexus 4 as it does not have micro sd slot

ARCHOS 50 Platinum,
    1 x 167.21 = 167.21 €
    Total Price: 167.21 €
    Postage (FEDEX - Delivery in 24/48 hours): 11.55 €
    VAT (19,6%) 35.04 €

• Advertisement

k123456 wrote: »
    Thanks folks for all the suggestions so far, the delivery on the Archos is 11.55, which is pretty reasonable

I will hold off on the nexus 4 as it does not have micro sd slot

ARCHOS 50 Platinum,
    1 x 167.21 = 167.21 €
    Total Price: 167.21 €
    Postage (FEDEX - Delivery in 24/48 hours): 11.55 €
    VAT (19,6%) 35.04 €

Cool - I never registered to get the del. price. You'll write a review for it? :D

If you want to get the 53 model (when out) its price works out better in GBP (€235) than the quoted Euro price of €250 here - so maybe look at getting it via UK and ParcelMotel.

Looks good, no mention of Gorilla glass on the Archos, although I assume it must have it, as GG seems to be standard now ?

k123456 wrote: »
    Looks good, no mention of Gorilla glass on the Archos, although I assume it must have it, as GG seems to be standard now ?

Actually I doubt it on this. Perhaps that's one reason why the price is good. Comes with a screen protector - see this unboxing review

Advertisement