Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"This forum requires that you wait 1 seconds between searches. Please try again in.."

Options
  • 11-06-2013 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

This is going to be a very vague and low priority report.

I have a shortcut on my toolbar to the "New Posts" page; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?do=getnew

Seemingly at random, when I click on the shortcut, I get the below message;

"This forum requires that you wait 1 seconds between searches. Please try again in 1 seconds."

It's usually when I haven't done a search in a while that it appears, rather than when I click it a lot. That's about all I can give you, I have no other pattern for it. Happens both in work and at home. Both running Chrome 27 and Windows 7 pro.

Just click search again and it works fine. So it's not a major or even important issue.

As best I can recall, it has happened to me with firefox, but not with the same frequency...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

seamus wrote: »
    This is going to be a very vague and low priority report.

I have a shortcut on my toolbar to the "New Posts" page; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?do=getnew

Seemingly at random, when I click on the shortcut, I get the below message;

"This forum requires that you wait 1 seconds between searches. Please try again in 1 seconds."

It's usually when I haven't done a search in a while that it appears, rather than when I click it a lot. That's about all I can give you, I have no other pattern for it. Happens both in work and at home. Both running Chrome 27 and Windows 7 pro.

Just click search again and it works fine. So it's not a major or even important issue.

As best I can recall, it has happened to me with firefox, but not with the same frequency...

Hey seamus, this is down to the crappy way vBulletin handles search floodchecking. It should be restricting queries based on the frequency of searches made by individual users but looks like its just pulling all searches made by all users at the moment, hence the perceived inconsistency on your end.

We're currently in the process of phasing vBulletin search out in favor of our Solr search implementation, so I don't think we'll be able to spend any time sorting this one out unfortunately.

Apologies, and thanks for the bug report all the same.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement