Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need unlocking code for Nokia Lumia 800

Options
  • 11-06-2013 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

I need this as I am going travelling for a few weeks, and need to use a foreign sim.

Please see below failed attempt in your online chat.

General Info

Chat start time
     Jun 11, 2013 4:27:45 AM EST

Chat end time
     Jun 11, 2013 4:52:26 AM EST

Duration (actual chatting time)
     00:24:41

Operator
     Kevin

Chat Transcript

info: Welcome to our live chat service. A member of our team will help you shortly.

Please note we are upgrading our systems over the coming weeks to improve our service. You may experience some delays during this period. We thank you for your co-operation & patience.

info: You are now connected with Kevin
    Kevin: Welcome to the emobile-service webchat, my name is Kevin how can I help you today?
    Brian Moore: Hi Kevin, I am going abroad and I wish to unlock my pphone so I can use foreign SIM Cards
    Kevin: Hi Brian. I can see you're still in contract until the 2nd December 2013 so you would be unable to unlock the phone until then.
    Brian Moore: But I have no intention of cancelling my contract, It is that I am going travelling to another country for a few weeks.
    Kevin: I understand. The code wouldn't show up once you are in the middle of a contract I'm afraid.
    Brian Moore: Ah seriously
    Brian Moore: I have gotten phones unlocked middle of contract before for the same reason
    Kevin: We have a policy set up as of recently where we can only request the unlock code once the contract expires.
    Brian Moore: But I am not leaving.
    Brian Moore: How much will it cost to buy myself out of contract and
    Brian Moore: ?
    Kevin: One moment please, I'll check that for you...
    Kevin: Brian, the cancellation fees are €300.81.
    Brian Moore: So you are making me leave the e-mobile just so I can unlock my phone for a couple of weeks?
    Brian Moore: It doesn't make any business sense what so ever
    Kevin: I never mentioned about leaving. It's our policy. I have no way of getting the code without the contract being expired or paid in advance.
    Brian Moore: Well I am not paying ye 300 quid to buy out of contract just to unlock my phone and still stay with ye.
    Kevin: That's understandable. We wouldn't promote this. But I have no other way of getting the code.
    Brian Moore: Can you not talk to a manager because its ludicris. Why lose a customer who pays by direct debit.
    Brian Moore: If I go with another service provider you will not be able to get me back as a customer for 18 months or 2 years
    Kevin: I would be unable to pass this on, as it is the policy through webchat.
    Brian Moore: That's really silly.
    Brian Moore: do you have a direct dial or email for a manager?
    Kevin: We don't, but if you ring 1901 they can request a supervisor for you.
    Brian Moore: But I am after spending 15 minutes here with you, and then I will have to hold for another 15 minutes on that call - it is notoriously painful
    Kevin: I've already informed you near the start of the chat that we cannot unlock the phone until the contract ends. I will have to terminate this chat if I have to inform you again, Brian.
    Brian Moore: Jaysus I feel like John Connors. I will get an email for a manager and send him a copy of this transcript.
    info: A copy of this chat transcript will be sent to deleted at the end of this chat.
    Kevin: No problem. This can be followed up for you then. Thank you for chatting, Brian.
    Kevin: We value your feedback Brian Moore so please take a moment to fill in our closing survey and let us know how we did today. Click "End Chat" in the right hand corner and the survey will appear. Thank you for using our chat service today.
    Brian Moore: you might value my feedback, but not my custom.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

I need this as I am going travelling for a few weeks, and need to use a foreign sim.

Please see below failed attempt in your online chat.

General Info
    Chat start time
     Jun 11, 2013 4:27:45 AM EST
    Chat end time
     Jun 11, 2013 4:52:26 AM EST
    Duration (actual chatting time)
     00:24:41
    Operator
     Kevin

Chat Transcript
    info: Welcome to our live chat service. A member of our team will help you shortly.Please note we are upgrading our systems over the coming weeks to improve our service. You may experience some delays during this period. We thank you for your co-operation & patience.info: You are now connected with KevinKevin: Welcome to the emobile-service webchat, my name is Kevin how can I help you today?Brian Moore: Hi Kevin, I am going abroad and I wish to unlock my pphone so I can use foreign SIM CardsKevin: Hi Brian. I can see you're still in contract until the 2nd December 2013 so you would be unable to unlock the phone until then.Brian Moore: But I have no intention of cancelling my contract, It is that I am going travelling to another country for a few weeks.Kevin: I understand. The code wouldn't show up once you are in the middle of a contract I'm afraid.Brian Moore: Ah seriouslyBrian Moore: I have gotten phones unlocked middle of contract before for the same reasonKevin: We have a policy set up as of recently where we can only request the unlock code once the contract expires.Brian Moore: But I am not leaving. Brian Moore: How much will it cost to buy myself out of contract and Brian Moore: ?Kevin: One moment please, I'll check that for you...Kevin: Brian, the cancellation fees are €300.81.Brian Moore: So you are making me leave the e-mobile just so I can unlock my phone for a couple of weeks?Brian Moore: It doesn't make any business sense what so everKevin: I never mentioned about leaving. It's our policy. I have no way of getting the code without the contract being expired or paid in advance.Brian Moore: Well I am not paying ye 300 quid to buy out of contract just to unlock my phone and still stay with ye. Kevin: That's understandable. We wouldn't promote this. But I have no other way of getting the code.Brian Moore: Can you not talk to a manager because its ludicris. Why lose a customer who pays by direct debit.Brian Moore: If I go with another service provider you will not be able to get me back as a customer for 18 months or 2 yearsKevin: I would be unable to pass this on, as it is the policy through webchat.Brian Moore: That's really silly. Brian Moore: do you have a direct dial or email for a manager?Kevin: We don't, but if you ring 1901 they can request a supervisor for you.Brian Moore: But I am after spending 15 minutes here with you, and then I will have to hold for another 15 minutes on that call - it is notoriously painfulKevin: I've already informed you near the start of the chat that we cannot unlock the phone until the contract ends. I will have to terminate this chat if I have to inform you again, Brian.Brian Moore: Jaysus I feel like John Connors. I will get an email for a manager and send him a copy of this transcript. info: A copy of this chat transcript will be sent to deleted at the end of this chat.Kevin: No problem. This can be followed up for you then. Thank you for chatting, Brian.Kevin: We value your feedback Brian Moore so please take a moment to fill in our closing survey and let us know how we did today. Click "End Chat" in the right hand corner and the survey will appear. Thank you for using our chat service today.Brian Moore: you might value my feedback, but not my custom.
    Hi boredatwork82,

[url defaultattr=http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u="196033"][/url]
    Though this agent iscorrect and he would be unable to unlock your phone if still in contract, the policy is as he states.

The agent shouldprobably have made it clear that there was no point in passing this on to his manager who would only have provided same response, rather than saying “I
    would be unable to pass this on”.

Can you PM me yourdetails and I can see if we can do anything. I cannot promise, but we can try.

Gráinne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

YOu never resolved this issue. Your customer care is reaching the poor levels that one would expect from 3. If anyone is reading this do not join E-mobile.

I rang to cancel my direct debit today. The girl on the phone after 15 minutes told me I had to email www.info@emobile.com to cancel it. This looked very wrong to me. It looked more like a website address. after checking this with her a number of time sshe assured me this was in fact a valid email address.
    Well my email failed. after waiting 25 minutes to speak to a customer care person again, I hung up.

Can you please cancel my direct debit please as the bank account it looks from is no longer valid. 
    You are such an incompetent mobile phone operator, and your staff are idiots.

Regards
    Brian

YOu never resolved this issue. Your customer care is reaching the poor levels that one would expect from 3. If anyone is reading this do not join E-mobile.

I rang to cancel my direct debit today. The girl on the phone after 15 minutes told me I had to email www.info@emobile.com to cancel it. This looked very wrong to me. It looked more like a website address. after checking this with her a number of time sshe assured me this was in fact a valid email address.
    Well my email failed. after waiting 25 minutes to speak to a customer care person again, I hung up.

Can you please cancel my direct debit please as the bank account it looks from is no longer valid. 
    You are such an incompetent mobile phone operator, and your staff are idiots.

Regards
    Brian
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Brian,[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Isincerely apologise the agent advised you of the incorrect email address. If you wish to cancel your direct debit you need to senda written letter along with your signature confirming your request and the payment method in which you wish to pay after the direct debit is cancelled.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]You can send your letter by post to the following address:[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]eMobile Credit Control[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]1 Heuston South Quarter,[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]St. John’s Road[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Dublin 8. Once this is received your direct debit details will be cancelled on your account.
    [/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Grainne
    [/font]

Hi Brian,

Isincerely apologise the agent advised you of the incorrect email address. If you wish to cancel your direct debit you need to senda written letter along with your signature confirming your request and the payment method in which you wish to pay after the direct debit is cancelled.
    You can send your letter by post to the following address:
    eMobile Credit Control
    1 Heuston South Quarter,
    St. John’s Road
    Dublin 8. Once this is received your direct debit details will be cancelled on your account.

Grainne
    That is completely different to what she said. You really need to get your customer care sorted. It is awful. Any update on getting an unlocking code for my nokia lumia, or do you still refuse out right to give it to me?

That is completely different to what she said. You really need to get your customer care sorted. It is awful. Any update on getting an unlocking code for my nokia lumia, or do you still refuse out right to give it to me?
    I sincerely apologies boredatwork82 that the agent advised you differently.

For legal reasons the request has to be in writing.

Unfortunately as you are in contract until the 2nd December you will have to wait until this date to be eligible to request the unlocking code.

Grainne

• Advertisement

But i am in contract till then so i cant leave before then anyway.i am committed to paying my contract till then regardless .
    If you dont give it to me i will definitely leave when my contract is up. Its a really silly policy.

If anyone is reading this dont join emobile - poor coverage, atrocious customer care, long wait times, over charging issues. If you want all of the above join three.

Advertisement