Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volkswagen 5.9% finance

Options
  • 11-06-2013 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I was just wondering if anyone knows any details about Volkswagen 5.9% finance offer. Is it only for 3 years or can you do it over 4 or 5. Do you have to clear the loan before you can trade it in. And is there any penalties if you pay the loan back early??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I was just wondering if anyone knows any details about Volkswagen 5.9% finance offer. Is it only for 3 years or can you do it over 4 or 5. Do you have to clear the loan before you can trade it in. And is there any penalties if you pay the loan back early??
    Ring any dealer and they'll tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭kenny_david

I would rather hear from the good people on boards.ie cos if I ring them I will get annoying repeat calls from them over the next couple of weeks.

Has anyone any experience in dealing with Volkswagen Finance?? Good or Bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I would rather hear from the good people on boards.ie cos if I ring them I will get annoying repeat calls from them over the next couple of weeks.

Has anyone any experience in dealing with Volkswagen Finance?? Good or Bad?
    Just turn off your own number sending - you won't be able to trust any answers you get here anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭kenny_david

I trust the answers here more than I trust the dealers!!! And I don't have to lie to the dealer if I call into them or on the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

They were advertising APR's of 1.32% on their facebook page the other day coming up to the end of June, presumably in a push to get cars registered before the reg change at the start of next month. Might be worth calling and asking about that, would mean taking a car from stock but if it was what you wanted...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Anan1 wrote: »
    Ring any dealer and they'll tell you.

That's the best piece of advice you'll get OP

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

If the car is up to 1 year old, they will let you finance it up to 5 years. This is HP financing, so if you want to repay early, you will pay the full amount of the agreement (i.e. if you want to pay a 4 year loan after 2 years, you have to pay all 4 years interest to settle, unless you can convince them to do a commercial deal)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭SJT1

bf wrote: »
    If the car is up to 1 year old, they will let you finance it up to 5 years. This is HP financing, so if you want to repay early, you will pay the full amount of the agreement (i.e. if you want to pay a 4 year loan after 2 years, you have to pay all 4 years interest to settle, unless you can convince them to do a commercial deal)

So what BF just said is incorrect. Its your standard Hire Purchase loan. Fixed interest rate so there is a penalty but not much, you don't end up paying back the full amount of interest. If they started doing that nobody would change their cars while they had a car loan, things are bad enough in the motor industry without that happening also. Any of the calculations I've ever come across have never been more then about 3 months interest, if you actually work that out its very little compared to how much interest you would be if you went the full lent of the loan but considering the APR is 5.9%(with includes docs fees at of €75 at the beginning and end) the interest rate is actually lower then then 5.9. Hope this helps. The max VW Bank normally do term wise is 4 years when they have these special offers, I would never advise anybody to take out a 5 year loan anyways.

Advertisement