Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Football 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

I was in a 4 man draft where 3 of us were online and it was done and dusted in about 40 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Ugh I've been left high and dry by the Richardson trade to the Colts. He was my RB1 and had Bradshaw as RB2 (didn't go RB back to back) and was looking alright after last week and Ballard out for the season. But now Bradshaw's value has been shot and my only viable backup being Jason Snelling. Not completely sure that I shouldn't start them both as Snelling will just get goal line carries and Bradshaw could get some of those too instead of Richardson, but the Colts are up against the 49ers D :/

Also what are peoples opinions on Marlon Brown over Kenbrell Thompkins? Losing patience a little with Thompikins, albeit only two weeks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Also for this week, is it feasible for Richardson to just be thrown in the deep end, not knowing all the plays, pass protection, etc? Bradshaw may possibly be the main RB this week.

Raoul wrote: »
    Also for this week, is it feasible for Richardson to just be thrown in the deep end, not knowing all the plays, pass protection, etc? Bradshaw may possibly be the main RB this week.

That's half my problem,Pagano said "He'll be ready to go, as much as he can handle". Which could be loads or could be very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

You can't trust NFL coaches. Look at the Roddy White situation. Coaches were saying he was fully fit when he really was not fit at all and was just sent out to be a decoy, I am sure anyone that owned him would wish they took the HCs words with a pinch of salt.

Either way you are gambling :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Ugh I've been left high and dry by the Richardson trade to the Colts. He was my RB1 and had Bradshaw as RB2 (didn't go RB back to back) and was looking alright after last week and Ballard out for the season. But now Bradshaw's value has been shot and my only viable backup being Jason Snelling. Not completely sure that I shouldn't start them both as Snelling will just get goal line carries and Bradshaw could get some of those too instead of Richardson, but the Colts are up against the 49ers D :/

Also what are peoples opinions on Marlon Brown over Kenbrell Thompkins? Losing patience a little with Thompikins, albeit only two weeks in.

I've a similar problem in a 14 team league I'm in. I joined this year and they were allowed 1 keeper (I had none) and I was 14th pick. I went with Ridley and Rodgers on the 14-15 wraparound. Bradshaw was looking an OK #2 and I took Andre brown as my #3 RB.

Brown injured and I'm left with Ridley, Bradshaw, Snelling and Daniel Thomas as my RB options. ugh

Dodge wrote: »
    I've a similar problem in a 14 team league I'm in. I joined this year and they were allowed 1 keeper (I had none) and I was 14th pick. I went with Ridley and Rodgers on the 14-15 wraparound. Bradshaw was looking an OK #2 and I took Andre brown as my #3 RB.

Brown injured and I'm left with Ridley, Bradshaw, Snelling and Daniel Thomas as my RB options. ugh

I feel your pain. In you case I would probably still go with Bradshaw. He's still likely to score as many points as the other two, I just don't know if I can afford to play two Colts RB's :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Looking for an opinion here; Jason witten or Julius Thomas?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Need McFadden to score 4.5 against the Broncos to win, easy! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Need McFadden to score 4.5 against the Broncos to win, easy! :pac:

im just wondering when mcfadden goes down injured

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Is this trade proposal as ridiculous as I think?

Dez Bryant & Colin Kaepernick

for

Aaron Rodgers & Hakeem Nicks & Daniel Thomas

(I'm the one with Bryant & Kaepernick. Received this trade earlier.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Tristram wrote: »

for

Upgrade at QB, downgrade at WR, and Thomas is a meaningless addition to make it look more attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭boccy23

for

Not crazy for me. Dez and Rogers are very similar in value.

So it boils down to Kaepernick for Nicks & Thomas. Kaepernick has looked to be about replacement level. So if it's a 10 team league, the upgrade at QB plus what you can get on the waiver wire at WR (Woods/Jeffrey/Washington) would be worth considering.

I think it's a fair trade. I probably wouldn't do it because I think Dez is a beast. But it's fair.

Went back and forth with counters before agreeing to:

Chris Johnson, Dez Bryant, Colin Kaepernick (from me)

(in return for) Aaron Rodgers, Jordy Nelson, Trent Richardson

I hate to be saying goodbye to Bryant but felt that this would make my team better overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Went back and forth with counters before agreeing to:

Chris Johnson, Dez Bryant, Colin Kaepernick (from me)

(in return for) Aaron Rodgers, Jordy Nelson, Trent Richardson

I hate to be saying goodbye to Bryant but felt that this would make my team better overall.

That'll make you fairly reliant on the GB passing attack!

infacteh wrote: »
    That'll make you fairly reliant on the GB passing attack!

Yup. I have Boldin, Edelman, Rice as other receivers on roster so I'm hoping I can make it work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I'd take that in a heartbeat. Richardson is sizable upgrade as is Rodgers, Nelson doing great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

All my teams are having disasters. But I'm 2nd in the pick em so that ok

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭JerseyJoe

I'm doing well in my Boards league (Division 6) but absolutely dreadful in another custom league I'm in.

Mike Wallace, feel free to show up any time you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

JerseyJoe wrote: »
    I'm doing well in my Boards league (Division 6) but absolutely dreadful in another custom league I'm in.

Mike Wallace, feel free to show up any time you want.

Im exactly the opposite. 0-4 in div 6 despite not scoring too badly. 9th highest scorer, with 4th most points against though. Dominating my other(12 team league) at 4-0 with a point difference of +215 after the 4 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the logic was behind having a 3 WR set-up as opposed to 2 WR and a Flex? 3 WRs is a pain in the arse in a 16 man league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the logic was behind having a 3 WR set-up as opposed to 2 WR and a Flex? 3 WRs is a pain in the arse in a 16 man league.

3 wr's used to be standard set up on nfl.com and boards FF was started back in them days.

Maybe next season we could look at changing it. I have no problem with how it is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Podge_irl wrote: »

It was the old standard. We voted on it a couple of years ago and people wanted to stick with it (I voted for flex)

Such is the absolute state of RBs now, most flexes would be WRs IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Dodge wrote: »
    Such is the absolute state of RBs now, most flexes would be WRs IMO

This. 16 team league with 2 RB's each means that your almost exclusively looking at a Flex option being a WR anyway so really no point in changing it if it was discussed again Id be voting to keep as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

D3PO wrote: »
    This. 16 team league with 2 RB's each means that your almost exclusively looking at a Flex option being a WR anyway so really no point in changing it if it was discussed again Id be voting to keep as is.

The reason I'd be against it is that it would put a stop to trades for the most part.

You have 3 stud running backs, you can only play 2, so you're encouraged to go make a deal to trade your benched player to improve your wr corp, that won't happen with flex positions.

Early one for everyone, pick two from Thompkins, Terrance Williams and Harry Douglas?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Has anyone picked up randell? Surprised i got him wit relatively low waiver priority in my two main leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I have Ben Roethlisberger in my league but I think he's going to be murdered by the Ravens pass rush. Any ranking I see says Henne would be a worse option but I love his matchup. Am I crazy that I'd like to pick up Henne, a free agent, and start him over Roth?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

have to choose 2 of the following to start in an ESPN league...all help is welcome....

Andre Johnson vs Chiefs
    Mike Wallace vs Bills
    Kendall Wright vs 49ers
    Jerome Simpson vs Giants

Leaning towards Mike Wallace and Jerome Simpson at the moment. both going up against poor defenses and with Josh Freeman in Minnesota i think we'll see a vastly improved passing game

• Advertisement

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Early one for everyone, pick two from Thompkins, Terrance Williams and Harry Douglas?

Now with Roddy White out too I'm leaning towards starting Douglas and Williams. Just hope Thompkins doesn't go off on me.

Advertisement