Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Football 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

BKWDR wrote: »
    No yeah i think so, i was starting to understand the waiver preference, so basically if i waiver (drop) a player and it says that it will go through waivers on Wednesday say,that me potentially dropping him goes on the list so people can see that and sweep him up based on their position on the waiver priority list?

Nobody can see your preferred waiver pickups but yes if your successful in your waiver addition whomever you drop will then be free for anyone to pickup on waivers, including yourself. If you're unsuccessful and someone else gets your guy then your squad stays the same, you lose nobody.
    So if you had a rubbish TE combo you would happily drop them week to week to pick up a player who had an easier game etc?

Yep, plenty of people do it with their kicker and defence too.
    I know but as a newbie i fell for the, 'oh its always good to have players from the team you support' bit of advice. I don't mind having Edelman and Amendola tbh, i enjoy watching them.

It's nice to really be able to root for your fantasy players but I find personally tbh that even in the matches where I support neither team, if I've a fantasy player on one side or the other I'll have added interest anyway.

I'm fairly handy at clicking through players and watching patterns but i tend to bench a player and then the next week he has the game of his life.

I've moved away from predicted points now although it was a draw at the start.

I check the odd site and read the snippets of info on the fantasy site and all the injury lists and all that. Gotta up my game

Yeah i seem to be reverse jinxing players by benching them!

Cheers for the replies.

There is of course an element of luck to it all but just keep up with injuries and how it affects the starting players on each team as best you can and then you'll see possible pickups.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

5 points up on an opponent who has the panthers d and ted ginn tonight. Projected a .3 win. What are my chances do ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

gufc21 wrote: »
    5 points up on an opponent who has the panthers d and ted ginn tonight. Projected a .3 win. What are my chances do ye think?

Slim tbh. The panthers D have been super this year id be shocked if they don't score 5 points plus although ginn could doughnut.

Id say 70-30% favouring a defeat

Ya I agree. I expect the pats to go off but a couple of sacks and bob's your uncle :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭keithdelahunty

Hey guys

Im in Division7 of the boards league. I'm posting this here to get just some advice, if this is innappropriate i can post it in the Div7 Board.

280204.JPG

Dingle Dogs, starting in a 16 team league is tough, you drafted well but you always need to check in on players status and team depth charts to know who is going to field when first choice is on IR. Also good advice to check match ups for example If your top WR up against team with outstanding cornerbacks etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Dingle Dogs, starting in a 16 team league is tough, you drafted well but you always need to check in on players status and team depth charts to know who is going to field when first choice is on IR. Also good advice to check match ups for example If your top WR up against team with outstanding cornerbacks etc

I tend to check in a couple times a week to check to see if individual players have the little icons saying if they practiced or not etc. Then i will click on their profile and weigh up who i will play based upon their immediate history has been points wise.

Think i might look at clearing out a couple players and see who i can pick up. My season is over as far as FF so i might as well experiment a bit. (obvs not enough to spoil the league)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭keithdelahunty

All year I have been chopping and changing my RB, and seem to constantly picking up bench RB on Waivers each week. I have not been able to decide on starting RBs, mainly due to injures suffered with drafted RBs early on in season.

Interested to hear of the below who would you all start, I never pay attention to projected Points and look to Match ups instead generally but thought this week I would open it out to community.

M. Jones-Drew Jacksonville @ Cleveland
    R.Mendenhall Arizona @ Philadelphia
    B. Rainey Tampa Bay @ Carolina
    B.Bolden New England @ Houston
    J.Starks Green Bay @ Detroit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Very tough decision. I would rule out Starks as he isn't the no.1 back and Detroit are really really good against the run.
    Mendenhall has had two games in a row with a TD but isn't really getting a lot of yards, so is very TD dependent.
    MJD has looked decent enough recently and Jags have decided to actually start playing and giving him goalline carries but Browns are a good D.
    Bolden, hard to know, I would probably go with him if I knew he was starting. I imagine they will go with him since Ridley and Blount both fumbled and then have Vereen as the change of pace/pass catching back.
    Rainey, was awful against the Lions and Panthers are another great run D.

So if I had to take a chance I would go MJD and Bolden, but wouldn't be confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I'd agree there. MJD is a definite. Watch to see if Ridley is likely to start. If he is Bolden won't do much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

MJD has to start, decent chance at a TD. Starks isn't a starter and they might be playing from behind. Arizona are poor away from home so Mendy coukd be a bad option too. Rainey just had a poor game and has the worst matchup so you have to start Bolden in what should be a good win for the Pats where even if he doesn't start he gets a few touches.

yeah its bolden and MJD for me too. I think Bolden has done enough to get plenty of carries especially with the fumble situation at the Pats. I cant see Bellichek letting Ridley out of the doghouse that easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

I'm starting Bolden this week, mainly because of a lack of other options though. It's either him or Jonathan Stewart. Going with Bolden because though Ridley has fumbled 3 weeks in a row, last week was the first time Bill benched him for the remainder of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

I'm starting Bolden this week, mainly because of a lack of other options though. It's either him or Jonathan Stewart. Going with Bolden because though Ridley has fumbled 3 weeks in a row, last week was the first time Bill benched him for the remainder of the game.

You sure about that? Fairly sure he was benched one other game or at least for half the game!

Raoul wrote: »
    You sure about that? Fairly sure he was benched one other game or at least for half the game!

Well he was benched, but he always came back in to the game. Just after remembering though that he came back in against the Broncos, though I think that was in overtime?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Well he was benched, but he always came back in to the game. Just after remembering though that he came back in against the Broncos, though I think that was in overtime?

Are you sure I dont think he did.

de didn't come back in against the broncos at all even in OT.

Don't know what I'm thinking of then. Could have sworn someone posted a "Ridley :eek:" post later on in the game, but could have been taking the piss. My bad :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Highest points scored in the league and a 9-4 record and I didn't make playoffs, FML!!!

To early to propose a scoring change for next season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

gufc21 wrote: »
    To early to propose a scoring change for next season?

What change?

Tristram wrote: »
    What change?

The kicking scoring is annoying me. Is there really a 2 point diff between 49 and 50 yards? Proposal is keep first two bands at 3 and change the 40-49 band to 4 points per fg. So
    20-29 3
    30-39 3
    40-49 4
    50+ 5

it also shows a points difference between a chip shot < 39 and an actual missable kick on goal.

You could make the same argument though that a running back gets 2.9 points if he rushes 29 yards to the 1 yard line, but gets 9 points if he rushes that extra yard. Is it really worth an extra 6.1 points?

Think it's fine as it is. By and large, when you look at distances, you expect a kicker to make a kick less than 50 and that he'd be doing well to get over 50. You have to draw a line somewhere.

You could make the same argument though that a running back gets 2.9 points if he rushes 29 yards to the 1 yard line, but gets 9 points if he rushes that extra yard. Is it really worth an extra 6.1 points?

Its not really as u get six for the score and .1 for the yardage. There is a clear difference. The 40 to 49 yards is missable. Particularly 45 plus. Obviously its easier than 50 which is why I suggested 4 points as it is harder than 39 which imo is just a chip shot and should stay the same as the 29.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

The kicker scoring is standard for NFL leagues so I see no reason to tinker with it

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blured

Don't see any reason to change the kicker scoring - its the same for everyone and as Dodge says its the standard scoring for NFL leagues.

Dodge wrote: »
    The kicker scoring is standard for NFL leagues so I see no reason to tinker with it

Didn't realise it was standard. My other leagues go in increments at every band

I wouldn't change it its the standard NFL scoring and should stay that way IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

2 of Keenan Allen, Pierre Garcon and Roddy White?

I think Keenan Allen is the man I want in there for sure, but I could be talked out of it. White finally looks like he's healthy and GB is a great match up these days. Garcon isn't in great form but might be the most reliable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Agreed kicking points are grand the way they are.

Advertisement