Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Football 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Division 8 thread open now as well if players want to pm me for details

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

New player here too

Contact Pauloconn who is the GM of Division 8. He will sort out out with an invite

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Is it possible for me to leave a league? Still in div6 but can't find how to leave

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Contact Pauloconn who is the GM of Division 8. He will sort out out with an invite

Hi Spongey, do you have the final list of who's in Div 5? I know that there was one or two late people who moved up....

ps - you are doing some serious work here! Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

gufc21 wrote: »
    Is it possible for me to leave a league? Still in div6 but can't find how to leave

I've booted all the previous members of div 6.

Just need a new LM to join and take over so I can leave myself.

• Advertisement

Hi Spongey, do you have the final list of who's in Div 5? I know that there was one or two late people who moved up....

ps - you are doing some serious work here! Cheers.

This is copied straight from my spreadsheet

1 Infacteh 12th Div 5 Leixlip Lions
    2 Johnny_Fontane 13th Div 5 Blacque Power
    3 Congoose 14th Div 5 Big Game Bottlers
    4 Mayordenis 15th Div 5 Cutlering the Mustard
    5 Darklighter 16th Div 5 Pack It All In
    6 Decies 1st Div 6 Decies Patriots
    7 gufc21 2nd Div 6 Allie Cows
    8 BigBadRob83 3rd Div 6 The Islanders
    9 Boccy23 4th Div 6 B-Men
    10 Robluvshandegg 5th Div 6 The Chain Reactions
    11 BizzyC 6th Div 6 Wont Come Last
    12 Davetherave 7th Div 6 Super Troopers FC
    13 Realalemadrid 8th Div 6 WD Forte
    14 CJC86 9th Div 6 Greystones Mariners
    15 Chucky the tree 10th Div 6 Superchamps
    16 Deise Boi 12th Div 6 Not Lennys

BizzyC wrote: »
    I've booted all the previous members of div 6.

Just need a new LM to join and take over so I can leave myself.

We've had no volunteers for this GM position yet. I'm sure someone will man up and do it. Be patient

So have any GM's kicked off drafts yet? Whats the format? offline, live??? So many options

Been meaning to post this up. These are the general rules of the Forum from the Charter which covers these leagues
    1. Each League will have it's own specific thread that will be started by a Moderator at the start of July each year.

2. As well as this there will be a 'Sign Up' thread opened at the same time each year so that those who didn't participate the previous season have a chance to play in the coming season. All new players MUST register their interest no later than July 31st each year in order to be considered for a position in a league this year.

3. Each Gameweek will also have it's own thread that will be used for all divisions. This will be for general queries such as: “Who should I start this week; Garcon @ Oakland or Rice @ Cleveland?

4. Any players who go inactive for more than 3 weeks during the season will be disqualified from entering for the next season. (Within reason, if someone goes on holiday for three weeks that's fine as long as they mention it before they do.)

5. All League General Managers will have to be re-elected by those in their league for the next year.

6. ALL Boards League drafts MUST be held between the end of the final pre-season game and the Thursday night season opener.

7. ALL Boards Leagues MUST play by the same set of League settings to avoid any confusion. League settings will be attached in a seperate post as well as in the opening post of each individual league thread.

8. If a team is abandoned mid-season then the GM of the league will take control of that team. They will select the team each week purely going by NFL.com's 'Projected Points'. That team will not be allowed to take part in any trades, pick anyone up off waivers or drop players.

9. Promotion and relegation will take place via a '4 up 4 down' system. The 4 teams that make the semi's of the playoffs in a League will be promoted to the league above the next season. If there is inactive players in whichever division (say 2 for example) then they are removed from the league and only 2 are relegated to lower division, The four promoted then will keep that division at 16. As for the division below as only 2 are coming down and four going up there leaves a shortfall of two. This can be fixed by only relegating 2 from that division and along with the four promoted teams will keep that division at 16. This goes on all the way to the bottom division.

10. Anyone who sets out to deliberately mess up a league by signing up and dropping all their players after drafting or offering very obviously one sided trades to make another team too strong will be banned from both the Fantasy Football Forum and the American Football forum as a whole permanently.

Take note of Rule 6 which covers the drafts for each division

These are the main league settings for each division.
    - NFL.com standard scoring
    - 9 starters (QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, PK, DEF) and 5 man bench
    - Waivers, pick and back to the end of the queue
    - 6 team playoff run over wks 14, 15 & 16

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Prem League teams. If you can please head over to the Prem thread and post your Boards names with your team names on the Prem thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85895010#post85895010

Also the vote for the draft is here:

http://doodle.com/geabbt22eyesihkc

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭niall1811

Can all those in division 3 head over to the Div 3 thread an post your team name in there so i can check off the teams and make sure everyone's playing this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Is there any other waiver option that we could use? I felt last year that some option that would give priority to the team ranked lower would of been better?

Or maybe I just had crap players and needed someone of waivers every week! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

SK1979 wrote: »
    Is there any other waiver option that we could use? I felt last year that some option that would give priority to the team ranked lower would of been better?

Or maybe I just had crap players and needed someone of waivers every week! ;-)

This has been debated here before.. there may even have been a vote at one stage. Pick-and-back-of-queue is the fairest system. It's not like it's unfair to anyone and I've never seen why the better teams should be penalised every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

We're likely to have a place free in the Boards PPR league (for newbies, PPR is Point Per Reception, where your pass catchers get a point for each reception they make as well as for yardage and TDs). It's a 12 team league and this is the fourth year. If people are interested they can post here....in the PPR league thread...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85913589#post85913589

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭randomCluster

Currently the boards league use 9 starters (QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, PK, DEF) and 5 man bench.

Are there any plans to expand this to include defensive players (LB and DB) and the defensive line?
    2 RBs is tough, especially in the division 8 20-person league.

Currently the boards league use 9 starters (QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, PK, DEF) and 5 man bench.

Are there any plans to expand this to include defensive players (LB and DB) and the defensive line?
    2 RBs is tough, especially in the division 8 20-person league.

We've only have the people signed up so far so we may not get the full 20 quota..... it will be tough if we do get everyone but just means the draft and all trades are going to be very interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭keithdelahunty

Any league done its draft yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Any league done its draft yet?

None are done until between the last pre-season game and the first regular season game.

Draft Dates announced for all divisions

Premier: Wednesday 4th @ 9pm
    Div 1: Monday 2nd @ 9pm
    Div 2: Wednesday 4th @ 10pm
    Div 3: Unannounced
    Div 4: Tuesday 3rd @ 9pm
    Div 5: Tuesday 3rd @ 10pm
    Div 6: Unannounced
    Div 7: Unannounced
    Div 8: Unannounced

• Advertisement

Div 8 results will be in shortly but Sept 1st @ 9pm is looking like the draft date. Closing off on Friday....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Division 5 Draft is set for Tuesday at 10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

slightly off topic but pm me if anyone wants take part in a auction nfl league on nfl.com also, draft this tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Div 2: Wednesday 4th @ 10pm

Everybody is signed up as well.

Div 8 Sunday 1st at 9pm.
    Finalising the starting managers but should be 16 (not the dreaded 20!!!!)

Question again for the other GM's.
    For the drafts, is it live online or autopick? I'm assuming its live?

Also, how do we lock down league to new players, closing ours off now?

PauloConn wrote: »
    Question again for the other GM's.
    For the drafts, is it live online or autopick? I'm assuming its live?

Also, how do we lock down league to new players, closing ours off now?

Its a live draft

When you are down to 16 in your division change the number of teams in the league through the league settings to 16 and you're done

Thanks Spongey
    Let me know if we're staying at 18...
    P

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭niall1811

Division 3 draft on Tuesday 3rd at 9:00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Irish94

Hey guys,

How long would a draft take between 4 players? My draft is on today at 4 20, but I have to catch a train at 5 15 so I am wondering will I miss the last few rounds?

Advertisement