Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hook or by Crook - 15th June

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Its great to see this sort of response from one of the organizers, fair play vegas elvis. I'd say the unfortunate rescheduling played havoc with your volunteers etc. It was a great day out and a good race, I'll be back again next year, not least because of how you respond to constructive criticism. There were so many more positives on the day, all in all I'm really looking forward to bringing a gang from the club down again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭fluboy

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Its great to see this sort of response from one of the organizers, fair play vegas elvis. I'd say the unfortunate rescheduling played havoc with your volunteers etc. It was a great day out and a good race, I'll be back again next year, not least because of how you respond to constructive criticism. There were so many more positives on the day, all in all I'm really looking forward to bringing a gang from the club down again next year.

Fully agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

Look, I threw out a few bombs at this race but it was out of frustration as I know how good it can be!!. I will be back next June and looking forward to it. Elvis IMO has handled the bad press well!

I suppose we should remember the reason for the postponement.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Does anybody have any Garmins of the swim as mine says it was 944m! Plus looking at the map of my swim it says I did a near U-Turn near the end but I think that was the last right turn heading to the beach. Also, I know we ran into the water which would be 50m max IMO, just curious thou.

Here's mine: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/369249633

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Mine has it something similar but swimming to the last buoy I added around 50-80m myself I'd say. Can't fully remember but the timing mat was at the top of the climb to T1 to? This would have added another bit of time to the swim. I was talking to one of the top finishing lads after it and he reckoned the swim was at least 100m long looking at the times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭vegas elvis

Thanks for the positive sentiments re feedback guys - our races are club organised and all of us on the race committee are very much triathlete's first and foremost, we're more concerned with putting on a good race than the bottom line (within reason of course Mr. club treasurer !)

I lurk around here most days so would have been a bit remiss of me not to pipe up. Should probably contribute a bit more in general really

I'd say the swim was about 100m long, I swim there every week it looked a little bit on the long side. Still, better than people complaining we cut it short I suppose:)

We have about 1000 photos of the races from various sources, links to which to be found on our website here:

http://www.waterfordtriathlonclub.com/news/38-hook-or-by-crook-mint-photos-2013

Advertisement