Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish bank account - Living in UK

Options
  • 11-06-2013 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭

So I moved to the UK last year and recently got a letter from the bank (sent to the parent's address) asking for proof of address and ID in line with the Criminal Justice (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) Act 2010.

So what I want to know is, is there any problem with me keeping an Irish account while I'm not resident?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

You can keep the Irish account open, that fine. Why are they seeking to verify your identity now, was that not done when the account was opened?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

dublin daz wrote: »
    You can keep the Irish account open, that fine. Why are they seeking to verify your identity now, was that not done when the account was opened?

It's the same account I've had for years. The savings account was opened when I was a kid and the current account I guess when I was a teenager. I'm guessing it's because they're just updating the records based on the 2010 legislation. They want photo ID which they wouldn't have had when I set it up.

Advertisement