Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Venues music gear

• 11-06-2013 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey guys,
    I am drummer in a band and had a lot of gigs recently. My main problem is that I never know what gear the venues/pubs provide. I don’t want to carry more than necessary needed. But also not sitting on a kitchen chair while playing drums:D

That’s why I started this thread. I am sure many of you guys know what the venues or pubs have and we can share this information.

Please not just drummers, also any other instrumentalist:)

I will start with the Mezz to give you an example:

-full drum kit with 1 rack tom and 1 floor tom
    -cymbal stands for ride, 1 crash and hi hat, stool
    -they don’t have the cymbal felt washer, bolt cover, wing nuts
    -they also don’t have the brakeables which is usually (snare, pedal, cymbals,hi hat clutch)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭maccored

One should take full backline to all gigs. theres no point in relying on venues to supply gear, plus outside dublin, most venues dont supply anything. Nevermind the fact the venues gear itself mightn't be as good as your own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Threads re-joined.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 basshead

Not a drummer but here's a few things I've picked up from gigging around Dublin.

Last time I gigged in Industry (downstairs of Mezz- never again!) they didn't have any hardware (stands), just shells. Also a dodgy stool that our drummer had real problems with.

The Pint also has a weird clutch (different size to the norm), so I'd bring a spare.

Maccored is right, most venues don't supply backline, if they do it's usually complete pants anyway.

Prefer bringing all my own gear anyway, but if we're headlining I often cringe at what some idiot in the support band(s) is doing to my bass amp/stack :eek:

Advertisement