Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primavera Sound, 29-31 May 2014, Barcelona

Options
  • 11-06-2013 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

Tickets on sale for this now, as under discussion here. Thought we might as well get the 2014 thread started...

Neutral Milk Hotel the only act announced (meh).

Official site here: Primavera Sound

2013 was my first time at this - had a blast.

Not sure if I'll go again next year tho as would like to head back to Forbidden Fruit after skipping it this year... will be keeping my powder dry on the Primavera ticket purchasing front.

2015 for me perhaps - odds on the first act announced for it being either Daft Punk or David Bowie??!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dublinkeith

Deafheaven announced

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I'm going to Primavera next year, looking into my accomdation options, I know an apartment is probably the most ideal situation but just wondering has anyone on here hostelled' it before?

Im well used to backpacking and staying in hostels but trying to figure out if its a terrible idea to mix dorm rooms and music festivals?

Any past experiences would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Well given that you're likely to be sleeping through most of the morning as the festival doesn't finish until 5am most nights I'd say a dorm would be an awful idea if you want to get some decent zeds in - unless you're lucky and everyone else in the dorm is at primavera too.

We did the apartment vibe last year and if I were to go again I'd do the same, though might try and get one nearer to the venue.

Bowie and Arcade Fire to headline? here is 2 billboards in Barcelona this week. No official announcement yet though so could be bogus.

arcade-fire-672xXx80-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Arcade fire r playing bowie was a hoax

lc180 wrote: »
    Bowie and Arcade Fire to headline? here is 2 billboards in Barcelona this week. No official announcement yet though so could be bogus.

arcade-fire-672xXx80-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Every year the numpties fall for the bowie rumour. No surprise that hotpress ran a picture that twitter had figured out was a fake after 10 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Neutral Milk Hotel and Arcade Fire confirmed now, tickets €160

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

ticket got, just trying to sort accom. i'm thinking of stumping up the cash for the 'AC Hotel Barcelona Forum' which seems to be across the way from the arena. anyone been there before? do you know if the aircon works good and good blackout blinds?! and how close it actually to the site, google streetview can be hard to navigate around there

Yeh, any closer you'd be on a stage, I haven't stayed there but friends have and it's a nice spot. I wouldn't worry about aircon, it won't be that warm, this year it was freezing at night.

NIN will be announced Monday 2nd Dec

• Advertisement

The Pixies have been confirmed.

OK so I have a somewhat stupid question - I'm looking to book my flights to/from Barcelona pretty soon, just wondering how much people paid last few years?

Currently it works out about 140 euro, I do a lot of backpacking so personally I think that's a bit much but I'm guessing demand will be pretty high that week so I don't know if that price will realistically ever fall. I don't want to be in a situation were I leave it too late and the price sky rockets. Any input would be great. cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

With luggage, Aer Lingus, and direct to BCN airport (not Girona) it was 150 last year for me and I booked that in October. 140 sounds good. Don't cheap out and think going to Girona is a good idea unless you are saving a significant amount. It takes over an hour to get into the city center and that's assuming you don't spend 20 mins waiting for the bus/train. Think the transfer costs are in the region of 25 return (never did it myself).

Toast wrote: »
    With luggage, Aer Lingus, and direct to BCN airport (not Girona) it was 150 last year for me and I booked that in October. 140 sounds good. Don't cheap out and think going to Girona is a good idea unless you are saving a significant amount. It takes over an hour to get into the city center and that's assuming you don't spend 20 mins waiting for the bus/train. Think the transfer costs are in the region of 25 return (never did it myself).

yeah I've been to Barcelona before via Girona and its a pain in the arse so definitely sticking to Barcelona international.

Cheers for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

I've done both Ryanair airports before and they're not too bad. Yes, you have to get a bus to and from the city, but they're direct and drop you fairly central.

Aer Lingus would always be first choice, but it's been too expensive for me in the past when I've gone to book (probably later than I should have). Personally, I wouldn't be checking a bag in, as it's only a few nights and it's not like you need to bring a tent or anything like that.

Also, Ryanair fly direct into the main airport in Barcelona now, though it seems to be the same price as you said for Aer Lingus.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

Got my ticket on the installment plan there. Prices going up to €180 on Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

No NiN then?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Outkast announced for Coachella. I could easily see them being the big comeback act they usually have at Primavera (Pavement, Slint, Smashing Pumpkins some of the years I've been).

They're also one of the few hip-hop acts that have a very broad appeal in indie circles. Of course, I have nothing to back this up with and it's complete guess work, but I could see it happening.

Are we due an announcement soon? I expected something with the prices going up. Isn't that usually what happens?

Here's the rest of the line-up, if anyone feels like speculating.

Love it if girl talk was announced. I'd prob splurge and get a ticket. Even though i def can't afford it.

"LINE-UP" PREMIERE

On Tuesday 28th January Primavera Sound will present the film “Line-Up”, that will be premiered in Spain’s main cities, including Madrid and Barcelona. The film will be shown in cinemas and on Internet simultaneously through www.line-upthemovie.com.

The screening will start at 20.30 (GMT+1) sharp.

• Advertisement

Good old Ryanair changed the time of their flight to Bcn from the usual 4.30pm to 12 noon, got it one way for €55 last week, can't see you getting better than that

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

To anyone been before what time does the festival (roughly) open on the Thursday? Trying to decide whether to fly out the Wednesday or Thursday, what do people normally do?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Good old Ryanair changed the time of their flight to Bcn from the usual 4.30pm to 12 noon, got it one way for €55 last week, can't see you getting better than that

Aer Lingus are doing one of their regular deals at the moment. Got a one way in to Barcelona for €57.
    €2 extra well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

To anyone been before what time does the festival (roughly) open on the Thursday? Trying to decide whether to fly out the Wednesday or Thursday, what do people normally do?
    I'd fly out Wednesday at the latest. You have to queue up outside the venue to collect wrist bands. It's handier to do that on the Wednesday, get it out of the way. There's usually some gigs on around town on Wednesday too. Flying in on Thursday you end up rushing around and queuing.
    I'm flying in Tuesday this year.

You can collect tickets from Wednesday! Do it! Get there early enjoy the city.

Looks like i'll be missing this. Unless i turn up a job that pays me lots and gives me time off!

Fest starts Wed with a few acts at the main venue where you can get the wristband, go Wed if you can afford the extra night stay or go very early Thurs would be my advice

Ive got everything sorted but the flight back from Barcelona, thats usually when the airlines screw you over cost wise. Its currently €80 with Ryainair and just under €100 with Aer Lingus for flights to Dublin on the Sunday. Hopefully it comes down a bit.

Im getting there early Wednesday afternoon. The lineup announcement cant come soon enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

lc180 wrote: »
    Ive got everything sorted but the flight back from Barcelona, thats usually when the airlines screw you over cost wise. Its currently €80 with Ryainair and just under €100 with Aer Lingus for flights to Dublin on the Sunday. Hopefully it comes down a bit.

Im getting there early Wednesday afternoon. The lineup announcement cant come soon enough!

It is very unlikely to come down. I would book now at €80. Once the full lineup is announced, there willl be more folk booking flights.
    You will be able to pick up festival tickets from The Monday of festival week. Full details will be available on festival website in good time. As another poster has stated, get them before the Thursday afternoon as the queues can be very long and slow.

Anyone wanna take guesses at the line up in advance of the announcement tomorrow? This is not a wish list, but I reckon Dum Dum Girls, Crocodiles, Deafheaven, Warpaint, Holy Ghost, and of course the house band Shellac.

• Advertisement

I've a feeling either Arctic Monkeys, The National, Nine Inch Nails or Outkast will be one of the headliners. Hopefully not though, I'm going to see The National in Iveagh Gardens and dont care for the others.

Who else is touring that could headline?

Advertisement