Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primavera Sound, 29-31 May 2014, Barcelona

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dublinkeith

NIN a good guess, The National are on tour, I'd be happy with both

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I read on a forum that Real Estate self-confirmed they are playing - delighted with that! Just hope its not BS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Queens of the Stone Age will be around that neck of the woods as well. Nine Inch Nails looks like a dead cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

lc180 wrote: »
    I've a feeling either Arctic Monkeys, The National, Nine Inch Nails or Outkast will be one of the headliners. Hopefully not though, I'm going to see The National in Iveagh Gardens and dont care for the others.

Who else is touring that could headline?

Who doesn't like Outkast? :eek:

Who doesn't like Outkast? :eek:

I just dont see the appeal. I know they have a couple of really well respected albums but I've never heard any reports ever of them being any good live to give them this legendary status.

But its worth noting i have some somewhat dodgy taste in music!

Theres a leaked line-up online, probably bogus but no sign of OutKast if i remember correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

i'll be sickened if there's no outkast, would be my main headliner. i have to see them this summer. not long to go now.

I just dont see the appeal. I know they have a couple of really well respected albums but I've never heard any reports ever of them being any good live to give them this legendary status.

But its worth noting i have some somewhat dodgy taste in music!

Theres a leaked line-up online, probably bogus but no sign of OutKast if i remember correctly.

They were great when I saw them before, but that was 2001.

I was partially joking, but they're one of those acts that seem to have universal appeal. They're like a Goodfellas of rap, I guess.

lineup is live at 8.30 if anybody's interested

here's direct youtube live link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6911o7tmwE

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

Great lineup so far.

Warpaint, Foals, The National, NIN, Haim, Chvrches, Godspeed You Black Emperor, Metronomy, Queens of The Stone Age, Television, Discolosure..

fu2btRU.jpg

lineup class. no outkast though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 AnotherGem

Amazing line-up, can't bloody wait! :)

Ah yes, don't like blowing the old trumpet but all my guesses came in, kiss my face! Still can't believe they got QOTSA. The hipster purists will say the festival is too big and mainstream, **** em.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

Wow so many must see acts.

4 months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

:eek:

Well happy with the line-up. Especially since i took a punt and bought an early bird.

Really happy with Volcano Choir, Real Estate, Chvches, The War on Drugs and especially no Arctic Monkeys :)

Flights booked and accomo sorted, let the countdown begin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Top notch lineup, they seem to be able to attract anyone they want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

That is some line-up, bloody hell, near perfect.

I wasn't gonna go but.. now, seems crazy not to.

My first year going so just wondering will there be anymore additions to this line-up in the coming months or do they typically announce the entire bill in one go?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

My first year going so just wondering will there be anymore additions to this line-up in the coming months or do they typically announce the entire bill in one go?

Cheers
    That looks like the whole bill to me, why would you need to add more to that lot.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

That looks like the whole bill to me, why would you need to add more to that lot.

Im well happy with that lineup just wondering how they roll thats all!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Primavera as ever with a killer line up. Best festival in europe for me easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

would nearly go for slowdive, alone! well i've seen everybody else worth seeing....

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Marstan

Unreal lineup, will definitely pick up a ticket soon, just wondering has anyone gone for the VIP ticket? It's €250. Anyone know if it's worth it from past experience?

Got a VIP for €150 early bird, never had one before, but the €10 drinks are €6 and the €5 drinks are €2 so you make it back, there will be VIP twats who want a photo with Harry Styles like last year, I'll give you that, but it looks a good deal for €150. There are no queues at Primavera either to get in or at the bars so I wouldn't go VIP for the fasttrack.

Cheers

If the past is anything to go by, there will be cancellations rather than additions, Bjork was the headliner one year and pulled out, as did Band of Horses, Fiona Apple and Rodriguez last year, Klaxons were a no show in 07. So based on that, I hope the cancellations this year are Haim and Slowdive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Duff

Holy moly, what a line-up! Seriously thinking of going. Accom hard to come by?

Duff wrote: »

Accommodation close by will get snapped up quickly, but it's a big tourist city, so there's plenty of options and the transport links are pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Accommodation close by will get snapped up quickly, but it's a big tourist city, so there's plenty of options and the transport links are pretty good.

I actually booked a small apartment literally about 3 days before leaving last year. Was grand, anywhere near the metro line is fine for getting there.

Plenty hotels nearby, Hilton, AC, Atenea Mar are good but you might be paying €200 a room per night, anything near the metro line will do you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Jesus christ, how do you say no to a lineup like that? I might have to check this out. Do tickets dry out fast at this?

Advertisement