Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primavera Sound, 29-31 May 2014, Barcelona

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Breakdown of which acts are playing each day, along with info on which acts are playing gigs Monday - Wednesday & Sunday.

1012420_10152249876533156_206638243_n.jpg

EDIT : Mod please re-size or delete if the image is too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Think that line-up is better (for me) than last year when I went!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭uncle ernie

Optimus Primavera line-up was released earlier this evening. Pretty strong, no Superchunk, NIN or QOTSA but still...cracker of a selection

http://www.goldenplec.com/optimus-primavera-sound-festival-announces-2014-line/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Strongly thinking of going to this (Porto I mean).....seems kind of tricky/expensive to get to Porto though. Best to fly Derry-Stansted, Stansted-Porto maybe?

(I live in Donegal)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dublinkeith

Bad news for anyone like me who was on the Ryanair flight over on the Wednesday at noon - its been rescheduled to 2025, swines.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Bad news for anyone like me who was on the Ryanair flight over on the Wednesday at noon - its been rescheduled to 2025, swines.

Happened to a friend of mine too, every year Ryanair dick around with flight times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Noon to half 8?! jesus

They changed the flights back to Dublin on the Sunday also. Not a big deal really but was hoping to maybe catch the Sunday at Forbidden Fruit as I live across the road from the IMMA. Wont arrive in Dublin until 8pm now.

Probably for the best, I'll more than likely be in bits come the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

You're allowed a refund if they've moved the flight by more than 3 hours, might be worth checking other airlines.

Yeh, cancelled it, had to buy another flight into Girona which cost more than the original flight, utter pish

• Advertisement

nm wrote: »
    Noon to half 8?! jesus
    Yeh, a load of balls, can't be missing Holy Ghost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Any regular attendees of this need to make it clear well in advance that end of May/start of June is not an acceptable time to get married. Second one I'm missing to that.

http://clashfinder.com/s/psb2014/

This was 70% right last year so it's a good pointer, especially as they have the two main stages Heineken and Primavera running consecutively which the rumours are suggesting this year. Primavera will be moving to the same zone as Heineken but only one stage will be active to avoid any noise bleed.
    Hope you've no clashes guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

http://clashfinder.com/s/psb2014/

This was 70% right last year so it's a good pointer, especially as they have the two main stages Heineken and Primavera running consecutively which the rumours are suggesting this year. Primavera will be moving to the same zone as Heineken but only one stage will be active to avoid any noise bleed.
    Hope you've no clashes guys.

This is complete guesswork until the stage breakdown is announced, right?

It is, but last year it was fairly accurate. The only things I'd say are dodgy are the times for Foals, I'd expect them to be on earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

At what stage was it accurate last year though?

I would say there are still acts to be added, so going by location on the poster wouldn't really mean anything at this stage. Also, I would be amazed if Kendrick and Earl Sweatshirt are on at overlapping times.

Think it was April, if it stays like that i'd be happy, not too many clashes and might even get the Froch-Groves fight in before NIN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 keeeeeeitho

Just wondering, is this the final line up or are there other acts that are due to be announced at a later date?

Also, does anybody on here have previous experience with staying in apartments close to the festival?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

I'd imagine so, ATP have released the acts confirmed to play their stage so other than a few additions to the fringe events, that's your lot (unless somebody cancels).

Not venturing this year (have been 3 times previous), we stayed in an apartment off La Ramblas first time out, the metro is great and there's a stop not too far from the Parc Del Forum.

Have stayed near(ish) the site once, that was in an Ibis though near Glories, half an hour dander but it's quite a nice walk (strode past Matt Berninger, Bradford Cox and her from Tuneyards en route).

There's a Travelodge close by too, we stayed there last year after the festival had finished (most of our party had headed home). It's 10 mins from the beach and about 15 from the site. Ideal to be honest (if I go back next year, we'll likely stay there).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 keeeeeeitho

Cheers! How much do you reckon I should be looking to pay for an apartment 10-20 minutes from the festival given your experience from your first time? A group of 4-6?

• Advertisement

Last year we stayed in an apartment (2 double rooms + sofa bed) about 100 yards from Sagrada Familia, I think it worked out around £70 each (5 of us stayed) for 4 nights. Though my math might be out. Need to double check with the missus. It's not much more and def the way to go if there's a group of you going, communal air to things and a more affordable option.

I'm starting to listen to some of the acts lower down the bill, there's a good few I'm not familiar with. So far I'm quite liking Hospitality.

Anyone got any recommendations on who's worth a listen?

lc180 wrote: »
    I'm starting to listen to some of the acts lower down the bill, there's a good few I'm not familiar with. So far I'm quite liking Hospitality.

Anyone got any recommendations on who's worth a listen?

Wed- Holy Ghost, Temples
    Thurs- Antibalas, Touché Amore
    Fri- Twilight Sad, Deafheaven
    Sat- Seun Kuti, Dum Dum Girls

Bit of everything there for you, Black Metal, Indie guitar, Space Jazz, Hardcore ...

I'd add Speedy Ortiz, Glasser, Darkside and Julia Holter to that list. Enjoy, you lucky, LUCKY people.

ATP stage lineups are available on the ATP site, also looks like the ATP stage will be where last years Primavera stage was, in front of the grassy knoll.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Its an absolute class line up, but I think it would be too much for me, I can imagine that it would be clash central big time. I don't mind a festival that has a reasonable number of good acts but sometimes a bad act can be often hilarious too, sometimes it gives you a giggle. Some day though I will make it to Primavera, but usually I'm recovering from Life the weekend before. Last year I think they were on around the same time.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

It's really clashy. The clashes are on purpose for crowd control reasons and having been at stages where they miscalculated and everyone went it would be dangerous if they didn't have clashes. In recent years the capacity has grown lots and they keep expanding out of the actual forum area which makes clashes harder to deal with because you've much further to walk. I still wish I was going this year but I know the poster never translates to bands seen.

FKA Twigs, Future Islands and Girl Band(Irish?) have been added to the line-up.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Future Islands. Ugh. Absolute sick i'm missing this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Mr.S wrote: »
    Where would the best place to stay? Never been before and just trying to gauge costs

I go for a accommodation up around La Rambla area and then grab the metro to it.

Advertisement