Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primavera Sound, 29-31 May 2014, Barcelona

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

symbolic wrote: »
    I go for a accommodation up around La Rambla area and then grab the metro to it.

In no way would I recommend this. I'd say go for the Gothic Quarter. Avoid Rambla as much as you can is my advice.

Drop me a PM and I can give you the place I used the few times I've been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

lordgoat wrote: »
    In no way would I recommend this. I'd say go for the Gothic Quarter. Avoid Rambla as much as you can is my advice.

Ha, I'm staying in Gothic Quarter this year, but that's what I meant by around La Rambla. It's a 5 mins walk from La Rambla.

symbolic wrote: »
    Ha, I'm staying in Gothic Quarter this year, but that's what I meant by around La Rambla. It's a 5 mins walk from La Rambla.

Sure some parts of it are right beside it, but i'd avoid Rambla probably the worst part of the city for me.

I'd never use Rambla as a guideline for accommodation for someone that hasn't been to the city before.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Sure some parts of it are right beside it, but i'd avoid Rambla probably the worst part of the city for me.

I'd never use Rambla as a guideline for accommodation for someone that hasn't been to the city before.

Haha OK Well then I won't use the word Rambla :-) . So yeah the gothic quarter will do the job. You can get a bus from the airport to Plaça de Catalonia. Which is the North end of the main thoroughfare. And BARTS and Sala Apollo are about a 10min walk West of main thoroughfare. For some Angel Olsen on the Sunday. And the metro will get you to the main Festival site.

Looking forward to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Flights, ticket and apartment booked for Optimus Primavera. 480 euro, which isn't all that bad really.

• Advertisement

Flights, ticket and apartment booked for Optimus Primavera. 480 euro, which isn't all that bad really.

Money well spent I'd imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭fincollins

Does anybody know is it possible to sell tickets?? Do they check the names/ID you as your going in??

fincollins wrote: »
    Does anybody know is it possible to sell tickets?? Do they check the names/ID you as your going in??

You can swap tickets as far as I know but you have to do it maybe through theur website. Have an ask on the PS forums in the english section.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

If they are tickets bought from a ticket agent (ticketmaster, see tickets etc) and you physically have the tickets you just give the ticket to the other person. If they are tickets you bought from the festival via paypal you have to email the organisers to get the name of the person picking them up changed. If they are tickets for collection from a ticket agent they each have their own rules for changing the pick up person but typically the person provides a photocopy of your passport and card and a signed letter from you to say it is ok for them to collect it. VIP tickets can't be picked up by anyone other than the person who booked them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Saw this on their fb page. its the free gigs on during the day in the city. Any boardies ever go to these before? My flight was changed to pretty late on Sunday so this might get hit if I'm still fit for it.

10154194_10152398384563156_2278488722126405816_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dublinkeith

Last year I saw Merchandise in the Park de la Ciutadella, bit of a trek from the nearest Metro but it was fine, nice place, tiny stage so you can get close to the band, weather was good, no bars around but the lads were out selling their cans as usual. So yeh, it's a good un. Hope to see Twilight Sad there this year. The clubs on the Wednesday night last year was a joke though, I was trying to get into Parquet Courts who were playing the same club as a load of DJs albeit in a different room, and the queues were crazy, just gave up in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

I caught Caribou and Echo and The Bunneymen at the Poble Espanyol one year (they seem to change the venue for the pre and post parties year on year), but most of the time I like to just get a feel for Barcelona. Take a dander round, soak it up, relax before the carnage. That Saturday looks the ticket though.

It's slowly sinking in, that I won't be there this year *sobs into coffee*.

Parquet Courts who were playing the same club as a load of DJs albeit in a different room, and the queues were crazy, just gave up in the end.

Was that in LA2? and is that the same club as the Apollo? The lineup for Wednesday is pretty good for LA2 but ive heard the Apollo is queue central so not sure I could be arsed with that.

lc180 wrote: »
    Was that in LA2? and is that the same club as the Apollo?

LA2 is the second room of the Apollo as far as I remember. Haven't bothered with the trip to Apollo since 2007 but it was expensive, crowded and unpleasant then. Unless you REALLY want to see someone there don't bother unless you hear its better now. Been to a couple of the extra gigs in parks and stuff. They're VERY chilled and the sound systems are fairly piddling so don't expect big heaving dancing. Think slightly better organised busking. It's nice but once again not essential outside of people you really want to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AnotherGem

Timetable's been announced if anyone hasn't seen it yet.

Thankfully not too many clashes for me, though I will have a tough time choosing between St. Vincent and Future Islands :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

St Vincent, no question.

Few nasty clashes but tempered somewhat by some bands playing their own shows in Dublin later this year , National v Deafheaven, Antibalas v Sun Ra, Television v Dum Dum Girls, Seun Kuti v Cloud Nothings. Looks like main bands are on earlier than in previous years as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

AnotherGem wrote: »
    though I will have a tough time choosing between St. Vincent and Future Islands :(

and Neutral milk hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AnotherGem

and Neutral milk hotel

Going to catch them in Dublin next month so not too worried about giving them a miss

Is it on the festival website? I dont see it. Anyone got a link?

• Advertisement

Is it on the festival website? I dont see it. Anyone got a link?

http://www.primaverasound.es/programacion?lang=en

Just expand the days and the times are in the third column now.

Cheers for the link!

Quite a few clashes for me. Foals & Chromeo, Pixies & The War on Drugs, St Vincent & Future Islands, QOTSA & Chvrches (not really a big deal).

Oh well, overall still gonna be a great weekend of music. Never been to a festival with so many stages before. Cut Copy should be an epic way to finish off the festival!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

ENOUGH OF THIS!!!

Hooky and Wedding Present added but The Julie Ruin cancelled, had to happen, there's always a few that drop out.

Not long now, site map was released this week, looks a little different from previous years. There's also a new Boiler Room stage

10306316_10152460472778156_6469424935820090673_n.jpg

Looks good, still don't understand why they can't use the space where the old ATP stage used to be, but minor quibbles aside, like Speedy Gonzalez having a ride, it can't come quick enough. And Buzzcocks just added which is nice. When you going over?

Looks good, still don't understand why they can't use the space where the old ATP stage used to be, but minor quibbles aside, like Speedy Gonzalez having a ride, it can't come quick enough. And Buzzcocks just added which is nice. When you going over?

I get there about midday on the Wednesday, I've never been to a festival abroad before, let alone a festival of this size so should be interesting to see how it goes. The fact that I don't even have to consider wellies makes me like it already!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Not long now, site map was released this week, looks a little different from previous years. There's also a new Boiler Room stage

10306316_10152460472778156_6469424935820090673_n.jpg

Wow, it's changed a lot since I was there last. Is the ATP stage really big now?

Last year ATP was kinda where the Sony stage is now but it and Heineken were facing the sea and had a lot of sound bleed as they often had acts on at the same time. Looks like this year ATP is now where the old main stage used to be so that'll be a lot better for the acts that usually end up on ATP. Looking at the timetable the plan seems to be to have Heineken and Ray-ban and Sony and ATP alternating so I guess ATP can now be considered a co-second stage with Ray-ban. It is a good idea but it will mean a lot more running around which isn't something I enjoyed last year. Still... wish I had the opportunity to be annoyed by it this year.

• Advertisement

Toast wrote: »
    Last year ATP was kinda where the Sony stage is now but it and Heineken were facing the sea and had a lot of sound bleed as they often had acts on at the same time. Looks like this year ATP is now where the old main stage used to be so that'll be a lot better for the acts that usually end up on ATP. Looking at the timetable the plan seems to be to have Heineken and Ray-ban and Sony and ATP alternating so I guess ATP can now be considered a co-second stage with Ray-ban. It is a good idea but it will mean a lot more running around which isn't something I enjoyed last year. Still... wish I had the opportunity to be annoyed by it this year.

I see we are in the same boat of 'devastated to not be going'?

Advertisement