Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primavera Sound, 29-31 May 2014, Barcelona

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

"no dear, they're hipsters".

I think the fact we were at Primavera makes us hipsters too :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

The amount of fellas at it with this kinda beard was ridiculous

The sheer volume of beards at the festival was ridiculously crazy! I can barely grow a roonie so I better start my facial fuzz now if I want to fit in with the cool kids next May

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

The amount of fellas at it with this kinda beard was ridiculous

The-Beard.-My-gorgeous-hipster-husband.jpg

My girlfriend spotted a couple of them and pointed and said "what are they called again?" thinking something like Amish, saying there were loads of "them" there, and I replied "no dear, they're hipsters".

Do women seriously like the big grown out beard???

So that's what you brought back from Primavera? Jesus Christ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

If you had the brain power to click back a page you might have avoided your hissy fit.

Overall I enjoyed it. Music wise it was top notch. The crowd were nice. I wasn't at any gig though where it really took off. The actual festival itself, I dunno if I could put my finger on it. It's missing something. Maybe the fact there is no camping, or no arts side to it. It's a bit.......sterile?! Not sure if I would go back. Too many beards.

Just to compare it to say Electric Picnic, EP has so much more going for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Just to compare it to say Electric Picnic, EP has so much more going for it.

Yeah they are different alright. I go to Primavera for the line up primarily. I find it always has the best line up for me each year. And i love staying in a great city, a few mins on the metro from the
    festival site. Loads of bars and toilets, so having a few beers is a pleasure :-)

I defo get your "sterile" point... Think I enjoy the sterile vibe haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Yeah I can totally understand alot of the benefits. The 100% pavement is also a bit weird, I feel ridiculously Irish but what I wouldn't have given for a bit of grass and mud! :D My back was in pieces at the end of the night. Getting too old for it I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

lc180 wrote: »

Disappointments - Queens of the Stone Age : Band looked tight and sounded good but the atmosphere halfway back was non-existent.
    I was up close enough to the front and atmosphere was great craic, a mini moshpit and all for Sick Sick Sick
    You have to expect parts of the crowd to be half arsed at a main stage of a festival. I just move if I am in a dull section

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

ah but QOTSA were especially bad for some reason. probably the worst of the festival. josh stopped singing to hear the crowd sing back nicotine, valium and got silence. but i was miles back for arcade fire as well and the crowd were great. for most other gigs i'd learnt my lesson and was front, centre.

most unexpected great crowd and highlight of the festival was cut copy. i came straight over from chromeo and managed to get to front where aussie crowd were giving it socks.

went to chromeo again on the sunday in the sala apolo. ty segall were before and crowd was crazy, crowd surfing from the first song. definitely seemed to be way more of the foreigners on the last night who were generally a better crowd.

can anyone recommend other european festivals with a good crowd? i'm thinking stuff in north of england or scotland maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

can anyone recommend other european festivals with a good crowd? i'm thinking stuff in north of england or scotland maybe

A bit further a field, but the crowd at Roskilde is really good. Ridiculously friendly and good atmosphere at all the gigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Just back from Rock in Idro in Italy, for QOTSA too, crowd were amazing, loud and lively. I'm bruised!
    Also you can BYOB, wasn't expecting that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I was up close enough to the front and atmosphere was great craic, a mini moshpit and all for Sick Sick Sick
    You have to expect parts of the crowd to be half arsed at a main stage of a festival. I just move if I am in a dull section

I moved a couple of times but couldn't find a good vibe, a real pity cos the setlist was great. I learned my lesson though as was up the front for any other band I wanted to see over the weekend. The crowd in the pit for the National were great!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Probably my favorite moment of Primavera 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Probably my favorite moment of Primavera 2014
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VmnhY9Smj3M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah, me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dublinkeith

Lads, just back, weather aside it was another good one. Here's a link to a review of the weekend on Festivals.ie, feel free to comment, agree/disagree, early birds for PS15 go on sale at 9am tomorrow thru the PS portal, good luck, hope i can nab one meself.
    http://t.co/hY7sYTFw9e

Got one of the €99 tickets! Deadly!

Jammy swine, portal kept freezing on me today so I gave up, I'll go back tomoro to try for the €115 ones

I wasn't jammy, I was on the ball, and maybe a little lucky :)
    You need to be logged on to the Primavera Portal and ready to go.
    I was in after about 3 seconds after 11 am, but it still took about 45 minutes for the transaction page to load up.

jesus €16 not going to break the bank!

great review keith, though we've varying tastes in music. i went back to my hotel for a quick nap while the national was on and thought !!! was unreal.

Thanks for those kind words Georgie, you stayed in the AC yes? Could you find more than one electrical socket in your room? Anyway, got my ticket today for 2015. Safe to say Shellac are playing, but if I were to guess at three bands I say Interpol, JAMC and, a wild stab but based on QOTSA playing this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see Foo Fighters headline.

yeah, the AC. I was going to do a blog post review on that very topic! a modern hotel with ONE working socket on the desk. i had to plug out the TV to get a second one. and none near the bed or anywhere else. nice hotel apart from that. 24 hour room service club sandwich was delish, got one everynight when i stumbled in at 4am.

got my ticket as well today, €115 is some value. i'm not worrying about next year's lineup, i know it'll be class. now starting early to convince some friends to go

• Advertisement

Never thought of the TV, I unplugged the cd system. Seriously though, one socket. Think I'll be back at the Hilton next year. Gonna be a long year now that we have our tickets in hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,313 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Thanks for those kind words Georgie, you stayed in the AC yes? Could you find more than one electrical socket in your room? Anyway, got my ticket today for 2015. Safe to say Shellac are playing, but if I were to guess at three bands I say Interpol, JAMC and, a wild stab but based on QOTSA playing this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see Foo Fighters headline.
    yeah, the AC. I was going to do a blog post review on that very topic! a modern hotel with ONE working socket on the desk. i had to plug out the TV to get a second one. and none near the bed or anywhere else. nice hotel apart from that. 24 hour room service club sandwich was delish, got one everynight when i stumbled in at 4am.

got my ticket as well today, €115 is some value. i'm not worrying about next year's lineup, i know it'll be class. now starting early to convince some friends to go
    Never thought of the TV, I unplugged the cd system. Seriously though, one socket. Think I'll be back at the Hilton next year. Gonna be a long year now that we have our tickets in hand!

Extension cables are like 2 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I always travel with a multiplug especially if the country is not the same plug standard. It turns one adapter into 6.

thanks lad. when i'm paying €1k for a hotel, i don't expect to be packing extension cables or going to the trouble of buying one.

Quite. I mean, what's a holiday without an exhaustive lurch around foreign hardware stores searching for extension ****ing cables? Remind me to bring the Hoover next time in case the carpet's filthy.

Advertisement