Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Iphone coming ?

• 11-06-2013 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Following the announcement of ios7 will there be a new iphone released soon to go with it ? I know it works on the 4, 4s and 5 but will apple release a 5s or 6 soon ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There will probably be a 5S released at some point, the net has nothing but rumour yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Fuh Q wrote: »
    Following the announcement of ios7 will there be a new iphone released soon to go with it ? I know it works on the 4, 4s and 5 but will apple release a 5s or 6 soon ?
    Yes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It'll be released alongside iOS 7 in late September/early October.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

Thanks guys,
    Im due an upgrade at the end of this month, would I be better off getting the 5 now or waiting for the 5s ?
    would there be much of a difference between a 5 and 5s ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Thanks guys,
    Im due an upgrade at the end of this month, would I be better off getting the 5 now or waiting for the 5s ?
    How long is a piece of string? No one has a clue what the next iphone will have or when it will be released.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 122 ✭✭Jimmy 5F

Thanks guys,

I'd get the HTC one before the 5s. Unless the next iPhone is superior that's what I'll be getting in Novner when my contract is up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Thanks guys,

I'd hang on, but it's really the flip of a coin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This is a guess but the 4S didn't really add much to the 4, so I assume the 5/5S will be a similar smaller update.
    It's speculation so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bartonso

5s probably

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I think I'd just get the 5 now, tbh.

Never really seen anything in an "S" release worth waiting for. And you'll have iOS 7 to play with like everyone else come the autumn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

biko wrote: »
    This is a guess but the 4S didn't really add much to the 4, so I assume the 5/5S will be a similar smaller update.
    It's speculation so far.
    Well if you don't consider a camera which upgraded from 5 to 8 megapixels and Siri much then I guess the 4S didn't add much.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I've not used Siri ever except to have fun with my kids watching it misunderstand their questions. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,349 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Dades wrote: »
    I've not used Siri ever except to have fun with my kids watching it misunderstand their questions. :)

Same, but without the kids bit. Fun in the pub. Asking the 'what is the meaning of life' type questions. Siri is about as useful as a game of snake on an old Nokia. Not at all, but given the choice you'd rather have it there in case you got bored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Siri - brilliant. I use it every day, at work and at home. Send txts, email, alarms, weather, sports news ..... etc. One of the reasons I got my iPhone5 and well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Piliger wrote: »
    Siri - brilliant. I use it every day, at work and at home. Send txts, email, alarms, weather, sports news ..... etc. One of the reasons I got my iPhone5 and well worth it.

Yea right... Siri is complete crap:mad: I love my S4.....:cool::cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭shanec1928

jca wrote: »
    Yea right... Siri is complete crap:mad: I love my S4.....:cool::cool:
    you must be lost so..android forum is over here:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

shanec1928 wrote: »
    you must be lost so..android forum is over here:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Just having a trip down memory lane...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

Just google iphone 6 and see how the specs, release dates, pseudo images, mock ups, 5s v 6, screen sizes, speculation, multiple versions/size/price details contradict and change by the hour.

I hope this is of some help :D

I'm in the market for something new myself but have been holding off in case a new iPhone is announced. Currently on the iPhone 4 so I think it's time to move on. With Apple it really is a case of wait and see, anything you read online is pure speculation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Here we go again...

It must be that time of year.

Apple's iPhone 5S Photographs leaked.

I must say, i don't like the idea of another "S". I thought the only reason for the 4S was because they were caught offguard.
    So the 5S will be to the 5, what the 4S was to the 4..?
    Apple would want to hope not.

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/06/21/apples-iphone-5s-revealed-in-new-photos/
    http://bgr.com/2013/06/21/iphone-5s-photos-leak/
    http://www.extremetech.com/computing/159388-iphone-5s-leak-reveals-larger-battery-dual-led-flash-new-prototype-soc
    http://www.businessinsider.com/leaked-photos-of-the-new-iphone-5s-2013-6

iphone_5s_leak_mr.jpg?w=618

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Allyall wrote: »
    I thought the only reason for the 4S was because they were caught offguard.
    So the 5S will be to the 5, what the 4S was to the 4..?
    Apple would want to hope not.

No, the 4S followed a long tradition of S models.

iPhone
    iPhone 3G - iPhone 3GS
    iPhone 4 - iPhone 4S.
    iPhone 5 - ?

The S is always just a spec bump to keep the real innovation on a two year cycle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Long tradition is one model previously then?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Long tradition is one model previously then?

Two models previously. The 3GS and 4S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Well he said the 4S followed a long tradition. I was just nitpicking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Fine, posted edited :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Long traditions have to start somewhere!!!

Advertisement