Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have been your top 5 best and worst PS3/360 games you spent money on?

• 11-06-2013 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

So the next generation of gaming is coming. The Playstation 4 and Xbox One will be hitting shelves this winter and sadly the PS3 and Xbox 360 era will eventually come to an end a year or two after the new console's release.

What are your best games you have/had on your PS3 and/or 360? Were the games worth every penny?

What are your worst games you have/had on your PS3 and/or 360? and why you cried when you spent money on a game you did not like!

My Top 5:
    • Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (Great story, characters, graphics, multiplayer and single player unlockables, unlike U3:DD)
    • Mass Effect 2 (Epicness is an understatement...)
    • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Addictive, hours upon hours of fun!)
    • Red Dead Redemption (GTA themed Western, that basically sums it up!)
    • Assassins Creed II (What an improvement from AC, great story, lovable protagonist, tonnes of side missions, races etc.)

My Worst 5:
    • Just Cause 2 (Weak story, about 10 story/main missions, bad characters, bad voice acting etc)
    • Need For Speed Prostreet (Got boring after the first 2 races)
    • Medal of Honor (2010) (Crap story, short campaign, half arsed multiplayer)
    • The Lord of the Rings: Conquest (What the heck did they do to this game? It could have been one of those games, online servers are now closed)
    • Heavenly Sword (Tried to be a God of War but failed for me! just could not get into it at all)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,020 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The only dud I've bought has been Transformers: Dark of the Moon.

They took everything good about War for Cybertron and removed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

worse game I spent money on was SOCOM (the last one). It was terrible and almost impossible to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Best Games were
    Uncharted 1-3
    BF3 surprisingly
    Loved Portal 2 and Fallout 3

Worst Game
    Off the top of my head. Peace Walker in the HD Collection was literally the least enjoyable game I've played. Have a particular dislike for Dark/Demon Souls too but I understand many love it. Just not me. xoxo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Top 5:

Skyrim - Got lost for hours in it, just wandering. It wasn't even that good in terms of missions, but the world was amazing.
    Just Cause 2 - Just fun, messy, crazy fun. Blow stuff up, turn off brain, grapple onto helicopter after shooting into the air on gas canister. Yes.
    Infamous - Fantastic fun, great gameplay, great introduction to skills/abilities making the world more explorable.
    Little Big Planet - Best multiplayer game on PS3, 4 people in a room playing it is a blast. So inventive too.
    Fallout 3 - Amazed by the attention to detail, background, tiny stories, setting, music. Possibly my favourite game ever.

Worst 5:

Red Dead Redemption - Got bored, huge world, nothing to do, repetitive missions, overhyped story.
    Assassin's Creed II - The whole series really, just a lot of boring missions, repetitive gameplay and awful, awful characters. Desmond sections. No. No. No.
    Metal Gear Solid 4 - I'm still waiting for a cutscene to end, so I may change my mind then.
    Burnout Paradise - Burnout 3 was one of my favourite PS2 games, and then they did that open world rubbish and I kept getting lost during races, and pausing to check the map.
    Killzone 2 - Rubbish game. That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Top 5

Uncharted 2
    Tomb Raider
    Dead Space 1
    Red Dead Redemption
    Dishonored

Worst 5

PES 2008
    PES 2009
    Fifa 2011
    Resident Evil 5
    Final Fantasy 13

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Unearthly wrote: »
    Top 5

Uncharted 2
    Tomb Raider
    Dead Space 1
    Red Dead Redemption
    Dishonored

Worst 5

PES 2008
    PES 2009

Fifa 2011
    Resident Evil 5
    Final Fantasy 13

Fool me once..........:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

My worst for this gen would have to include:

Beowulf: The Game
    Blood Drive
    Onichanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad
    Wheelman
    Samurai Shodown: Sen

On the flip side of that though, I've got so many fantastic games during this gen that I couldn't boil it down to five.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Fool me once..........:pac:

I had convinced myself they would return to former glory. But no I got mugged again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

In no particular order

Best 5:

Lego Star Wars: The Original Trilogy
    Bayonetta
    Burnout Revenge
    Need For Speed Most Wanted (the good version)
    Guitar Hero 3

Worst 5:

Bomberman Act Zero
    Fusion Frenzy 2
    Skate 3
    WET
    Need For Speeds Most Wanted (the bad version)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

In no particular order

Best 5:

Lego Star Wars: The Original Trilogy
    Bayonetta
    Burnout Revenge
    Need For Speed Most Wanted (the good version)
    Guitar Hero 3

Worst 5:

Bomberman Act Zero
    Fusion Frenzy 2
    Skate 3
    WET

You actually paid money for Bomberman Act Zero?
    Jesus :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Top 5 best (selected for value for money/entertainment):

Skyrim
    Far Cry 3
    Max Payne 3
    Black Ops 2
    Battlefield 3

Top 5 Worst:

Bioshock Infinite (maybe the worst game I've played in 3-4 years)
    Hitman Absolution
    XCom (tried hard to like it but it lasted 5 days before I got bored)
    Rockstar Table Tennis (played once and never again)
    RWC 2011 (soulless)

I realise some are going to have strong opinions on my worst titles :D I hate Bioshock infinite with a passion, regretted buying Hitman as my Xmas day title and tried very hard to like XCom but just got so bored of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Best:

Dead Space
    Rainbow 6 Vegas 2
    Gears of War 2
    Shadow Complex
    Uncharted 2

Worst:

Brothers In Arms Hells Highway
    Assassins Creed
    Rockstar Table Tennis
    Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
    Rugby World Cup 2011

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Not in any particular order...

Top 5
    Ni No Kuni
    Tales of Vesperia
    BioShock series
    Mass Effect series
    Deadly Premonition

Worst 4 (a fifth doesn't come to mind)
    Dark Messsiah
    Way of the Samurai 3
    Assault on Dark Athena
    Just Cause (didn't try 2)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Best:
    Portal 2
    Journey
    Mass Effect 1
    Uncharted 2
    Alan Wake
    Mirrors Edge

Worst:
    Resident Evil 6 (wtf did they do to the franchise)
    Ace Combat Assault Horizon (wtf did they do to the franchise)
    Just Cause 1 (must try harder, 2 was good fun actually)
    Assassins Creed 3 (wtf did they do to the franchise)
    Resistance FOM (how is this rated as a good FPS I don't know)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Worst:
    Resident Evil 6 (wtf did they do to the franchise)
    I've pretty much given up on that franchise since 5. I didn't get ORC as it sounded crap from the first I heard about it. Passed on 6 as the demo failed to impress. Revelations (demo) didn't win me back over, tbh.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Best

Uncharted 2
    Assassin's Creed II
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
    Call of Duty 4 (Come at me bro! :D Series went down the ****ter after that.)
    Mirrors Edge

In a couple of days time, I'll probably have The Last of Us in my top 5 as will many I'd say :pac:

Worst

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008
    Transformers (err.. possibly the first movie game?)
    Lost: Via Domus
    Haze
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,711 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Top 4:
    Super Street Fighter IV (and the AE expansion)
    Valkyria Chronicles
    Vanquish
    Bayonetta

Bottom 4:
    Resistance: Fall of Man
    Soulcalibur IV
    Blazblue: Continuum Shift
    Prince of Persia 2008

All other games go into the "eh, it's okay" category.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Best:
    FIFA 08.
    Mass Effect.
    Arkham City/Asylum.
    MGS HD Collection.
    Orange Box.
    Ok the last two I barely scratched the surface on but they just have so much content (my backlog is massive like two stacks the size of my Xbox big).

Worst:
    EA MMA I enjoyed it but got it early & days later it got a HUGE pricedrop.
    PES 2008.
    Assassins Creed III.
    Mafia II.
    Killzone 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

Best I Bought

Uncharted 2 - This has it all, amazing sp with solid co-op and competitive mp (imo the best ps3 game).
    Resistance: Fall of Man - A long and well written sp with the option of offline co-op plus a decent mp package.
    Race Driver: Grid - Codemasters at their best, 12 player online demolition derby was brilliant.
    Battlefield 3 - All about the mp and this is easily my most played game online.
    COD 4 - Enjoyable sp and mp, pity they turned to s##t (last I bought was Blops).

BFBC2, Dirt 3 and COD WaW are in a very close joint 6th place.

Worst I Bought

Sega Rally - Horrendous, the worst rally game in existence.
    Turok - Should have called it 'Linear Invisible Tunnel Jungle Path Simulator'.
    NFS: Prostreet - Who the f##k approved this?
    Resistance 2 - Different to the first game is almost every way, including being awful.
    Fallout 3 - I got out of the vault and couldn't be ar5ed playing any more of it.

I never bought Dirt 2 or Ace Combat Assault Horizon but they are both abominations which don't deserve to be associated with their sequels/prequels.

Worst 5:

Bomberman Act Zero
    Fusion Frenzy 2
    Skate 3
    WET

I loved Wet. Good stupid fun, I thought. Am I alone on this?
    Worst I Bought

Sega Rally - Horrendous, the worst rally game in existence.
    Turok 2 - Should have called it 'Linear Invisible Tunnel Jungle Path Simulator'.
    NFS: Prostreet - Who the f##k approved this?
    Resistance 2 - Different to the first game is almost every way, including being awful.
    Fallout 3 - I got out of the vault and couldn't be ar5ed playing any more of it.

Turok 2? Is that actually a sequel to the god awful reboot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

deathrider wrote: »
    Turok 2? Is that actually a sequel to the god awful reboot?

My mistake it was just called Turok. Clearly it was so bad my mind couldn't even be bothered to remember the exact name of it.

My mistake it was just called Turok. Clearly it was so bad my mind couldn't even be bothered to remember the exact name of it.

The only reason that one wasn't in my top 5 sh1te games list is because I could only fit in five sh1te games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Since I don't own that many games for my PS3 I'm going to just lift the best and worst purchase :P

Best:
    BioShock - I really loved playing this.. I never got so much into a game that I would happily spend hours in front of the screen without noticing the time go by.. I finished the game and wanted to keep playing :D

Worst:
    Oblivion - Don't get me wrong, this is not a bad a game at all. I just really didn't enjoy playing it on a console. Couldn't get into the game at all.

I have mixed feelings about the God of War series as well.. Was given GOW 1 & 2 as a present for the PS3 and despite the fact I'm currently almost finished both.. I just couldn't get into the game properly :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,417 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Best:
    Mirror's Edge
    Shadows of the Damned
    Blur
    The Walking Dead
    Trials HD

Honourable mentions: Sonic 4(I played Episode 1 100%, don't Judge me!), GTA4(especially the DLC), Peggle, Shadow Complex, Driver:San Francisco, Skyrim, Fifa 09(at the time, probably **** now but less scripted than the current game), Plants Vs Zombies, Bulletstorm, Batman: Arkham Asylum

Worst:
    Can't think of many that were desperately bad. Probably some of the games I used for gamerscore like Avatar, Terminator, Lost

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mudlan

Best:

Uncharted 2 (1 and 3 also loved)
    Skyrim
    Resistance Fall of Man - one of the first games I bought and played it to death
    COD 4 and MW2 - Mainly bought for Online
    MGS HD Collection

Worst:

Resistance 2 - Let down after the first one and too easy
    Fallout 3 - Never got in to it at all...
    Bioshock Infinite - Repetitive, got bored pretty quickly with it.Over hyped (thought the story was good)
    LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - a novelty at first
    LA Noire - meh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Best:
    Demons Souls
    Dark Souls
    Valkyria Chronicles
    XCOM
    Uncharted 2

Worst:
    Gundam- Target in Sight (a disgrace for a modern title, was nowhere near finished)
    Noby Noby Boy (WTF?)
    Resistance 2 (such a bland sequel to a really entertaining first game)
    Dead or Alive 5 (woeful excuse for a fighting game)
    Bayonetta (Controversial but I found it repetitive and a poor man's Devil May Cry, the humour was pathetic also)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pogmothone

In no particular order:

Best

Call of duty World at War(Multiplayer only)
    Mass Effect 2
    Fallout 3
    1 V's 100
    Dead Space

Worst:
    Resident Evil 6 (Terrible,Terrible game, Camera work was very bad)
    Too Human
    Alan Wake(Repetitave bulls**t)
    Amy
    The G.A.A game

I know it says ps3 or xbox but a special mention goes out to Timesplitters 2.This game was and still is the best game I have ever played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Top 5

Uncharted 2: the pinnacle of the series

Dark Souls: The original was a treat , the sequel may be the most important videogame in the last 20 years

Fallout 3: Its the game that really got me into rpg games , i was a horrible gamer back then :P.

Journey: Its melody and atmosphere is pitch perfect , it shows you can create something as wonderfully vivid without words or action

Metal Gear Solid 4: its the worst in the series but i put more hours into it than any other game i ever played, it looks like this will be replaced when last of us comes out anywyas :P.

Worst 5:

Time Crisis: Razing Storm: Was a big fan of the game in the series but this game was just terrible in every way

Gta 4: My least Favourite game in the Gta series hopefully Gta 5 redeems itself.

White Knight Chronicles: I was not fond of this game at all, probably my least favourite Rpg This Generation.

Assassin Creed Revelations: The day Ubisoft Killed one of my favourite Franchises this generation :mad:

kane and lynch 2: God Awful

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

With me, things that infuriate me are what usually tend to stand out when I think back on games. The ones from current Gen I found particularly tedious were Too Human (Gear kept getting trashed too easily and controller setup/gameplay was all over the shop) and Modern Warfare 1/2 (Why would I want to continue a game where you keep killing one of the main characters I play halfway through).

Oh, Dishonourable mention to GT5, thanks for the shiney, but overwhelmed by the lazy ports when it came to models taken from PS2 games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

If its just console games..

Best
    1, Darksouls
    2, Demonsouls
    3, Portal 2
    4, Zelda
    5, Dues Ex

Worst (Well.. not the worst but most disappointing)
    1, MW3
    2, Crackdown
    3, Just Cause 2
    4, Wolfenstein
    5, Duke Nukem

Lots of exclusive games on PC over the last generation that would probably be ranked beside this top5 tho.

Advertisement