Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deposit

Options
  • 11-06-2013 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hello, I was just wondering how exactly I would go about getting my €300 deposit back? I've just recently moved out of the flat I was staying in and have been told by the landlord that he'll see to it himself that my account is changed over, but I'm still clueless as to if or how I will get my initial €300 deposit back. Will I have to formally ask EI for it? Or will it automatically be refunded? By the way, I paid using debit payments if that makes any difference. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Asides from the deposit. I wouldn't leave it to the landlord to make sure your account is moved out. It's been known to happen for the landlord the leave an account in a tenants name with the standing charge accruing on the tenants account until the landlord lets out the property again. All it takes is a phone call with an up to date meter reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi TokenWhite,

Paying by direct debit eliminates being charged a security deposit. Did you commence paying by direct debit just recently?

Do please private message me your Electric Ireland account number and confirm that it is in your name, as well as the full address on it (the one you have moved out of) and either the contact telephone number on your account or your date of birth.

Just some general info regarding the transfer of your account to a new address: to close the account at your last address, a meter reading from the day of vacating the premises is required, as well as a forwarding address for the final bill. To open the account at your new address, a meter reading taken from the date of moving in is required, as well as the MPRN (meter point registration number) of the new address.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TokenWhite

And also, I have a related question. 
    As I said, the landlord would sort out the account change over for me, but, do I still have to contact EI to let them know that I've cancelled the DD payments?

Advertisement