Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any fellow tradies to offer help?

Options
  • 11-06-2013 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello to all
    Im new here and was just wondering could anyone help me out with something
    Does anyone know if i can lodge my ARTC from ireland myself or do i need to go through an agent,im getting conflicting answers everywhere i check,im getting confused
    Any help is much obliged

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Solarark

Tom943 wrote: »
    Hello to all
    Im new here and was just wondering could anyone help me out with something
    Does anyone know if i can lodge my ARTC from ireland myself or do i need to go through an agent,im getting conflicting answers everywhere i check,im getting confused
    Any help is much obliged

Ya you can, you just need an Australian address. I lodged mine from Ireland and used my mates address in Sydney, by the time I arrived in Sydney my ARTC was granted. No need for an agent either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tom943

Thanks for the reply solarark,do you know if its legal to do it that way,i would have thought the aus authorities checked your visa/passport to actually see if you were in the country.
    How long did it take to get approved since the date you lodged it?
    Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Solarark

Tom943 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply solarark,do you know if its legal to do it that way,i would have thought the aus authorities checked your visa/passport to actually see if you were in the country.
    How long did it take to get approved since the date you lodged it?
    Thanks again!

It doesn't matter, TRA aren't gonna check with immigration to see if you are in the country. It took mine 4 months to get my ARTC, at the time there was a big back log so it may be quicker now. Are you planning on coming over soon? My ARTC was posted to my mates but it needed a signature and no one was home so it went to the post office where it had to be collected. Luckily I was in Sydney by then and could collect it in the post office. Just be careful of that.
    The ARTC isn't easy, ALOT of paperwork!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

Solarark wrote: »
    It doesn't matter, TRA aren't gonna check with immigration to see if you are in the country. It took mine 4 months to get my ARTC, at the time there was a big back log so it may be quicker now. Are you planning on coming over soon? My ARTC was posted to my mates but it needed a signature and no one was home so it went to the post office where it had to be collected. Luckily I was in Sydney by then and could collect it in the post office. Just be careful of that.
    The ARTC isn't easy, ALOT of paperwork!!!!

Hey mate im at a similiar stage to the op so i have been following this thread and i appreaciate your replies.
    I'm starting to gather/write my application for the ARTC. I have filled out the ARTC application form, written up two pages of a typical days work. I have another page explaining all the tools i use. Have a copy of my certificate ready to send.
    What else would you advise that i add to my application? and are you getting much work?

Advertisement