Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sweden V Faroe's TV?

• 11-06-2013 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

May be a silly question but have Googled this and can't find a definite answer. Sweden vs Faroe's today.

Can I watch this at home? Not Sky. I mean RTE,TV3,ITV,SETANTA,BBC? Or do I have to stream online? Not going to pub cus I'm broke :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

It's only on foreign satellite TV on some Scandanavian channels. It is also on Al Jazeera. None of these channels are free on satellite either so you would need a dish pointed a the right satellite and a subscription card. Stream is your best option.

http://liveonsat.com/LJ___foot_intl_M_wc2014.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Good few empty seats there too, Faroes do not attract the crowds.

No real danger so far, Sweden pretty poor

sugarman wrote: »
    AIK draw bigger crowds in there on the weekends! Place is dead empty.

No real chances for sweden so far, faroes just sittng back too.

Best can hope for is a draw, and Zlatan to get booked!

Is he on a yellow coming in to this game? Didn't know that.
    Might happen, they could get frustrated the way things are going.

Draw & him getting booked would do grand thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Can't even hope for a draw tbh. I'd take the Zlatan yellow.

• Advertisement

Damn Zlatan puts them 1 up :(

That might have been a peno for Faroes there from the corner. Yer man got a right shove over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

there always going to win it, what we need is them to keep the score down to keep our goal difference on track to better than sweden's

madma wrote: »
    there always going to win it, what we need is them to keep the score down to keep our goal difference on track to better than sweden's

After losing 6-1 at home we may forget about GD. Its all about trying to get the win v Swe in Dublin and then win away in Vienna. If we do that, we'll be 2nd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

The draw with Austria has killed our chances i hate being negative about qualifing but i dont think we will win in Austria and i reckon Sweden will get a point off us at home.

We are looking at another missed tournament. Germany and Austria to go through.

• Advertisement

Stevecw wrote: »
    After losing 6-1 at home we may forget about GD. Its all about trying to get the win v Swe in Dublin and then win away in Vienna. If we do that, we'll be 2nd.

your thinking of Austria! they have a far better goal difference but if they mess up and we finish joint 2nd with Sweden it wil lgo down to that so its important they don't run riot

S28382 wrote: »
    The draw with Austria has killed our chances i hate being negative about qualifing but i dont think we will win in Austria and i reckon Sweden will get a point off us at home.

We are looking at another missed tournament. Germany and Austria to go through.

its still wide open imo. yes that draw was a kick in the nuts and Austria are in good shape but everyone thought we would get smashed in Sweden and it turned out that we actually could have won the game if we really wanted it.

were not looking for a result against spain away or someone its Austria. they are beatable but I agree that its in their favour and with trap in charge it will be very difficult

madma wrote: »
    its still wide open imo. yes that draw was a kick in the nuts and Austria are in good shape but everyone thought we would get smashed in Sweden and it turned out that we actually could have won the game if we really wanted it.

were not looking for a result against spain away or someone its Austria. they are beatable but I agree that its in their favour and with trap in charge it will be very difficult

Austria are in better shape than Sweden thats why i think we are in trouble and your right with Trap in charge it will be hard and i think we will go to Austria looking for a draw :mad: and hope that we win the Sweden game.

Wud reckon we'll draw/lose v Swe at home...and then go ahead in Vienna but draw again as Traps negative crap kills us.

That Faroes guy was clean thru, totally wrong offside call there

S28382 wrote: »
    Austria are in better shape than Sweden thats why i think we are in trouble and your right with Trap in charge it will be hard and i think we will go to Austria looking for a draw :mad: and hope that we win the Sweden game.

still along way to go, anything could happen we could pick up a sneaky draw in Germany :D. I just hope Austria mess up and if we beat them some how it would be deadly of course

Sweden down to 10 now, harsh red there

Now its Sweden peno a min later 2-0

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

That offside call was horrendous, red card for Sweden just now too.

Penalty for Sweden now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

Moment of madness there.

Is it 2- 0 now?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Arpa

Feckin ref was just trying to save face after the red. Soft penalty to award imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

Stevecw wrote: »
    Wud reckon we'll draw/lose v Swe at home...and then go ahead in Vienna but draw again as Traps negative crap kills us.

That Faroes guy was clean thru, totally wrong offside call there

Sweden are a lot like most of the mediocre 2nd/3rd seed teams we've struggled against in the past...if you put a bit of pressure on them and actually go at them, they tend to crumble. Sadly, that's not how Trap plays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Looking at Armenia currently winning in Denmark that could of been our result in Sweden if we had of been a bit more confident in our attacking approach. Still there is alot to play for but I think our game v Sweden is a must win and if we nick a draw in Vienna I reckon we will go get a play off spot. Austria have to travel to Germany and Sweden so I reckon they will drop points in each of those matches.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Looking at Armenia currently winning in Denmark that could of been our result in Sweden if we had of been a bit more confident in our attacking approach. Still there is alot to play for but I think our game v Sweden is a must win and if we nick a draw in Vienna I reckon we will go get a play off spot. Austria have to travel to Germany and Sweden so I reckon they will drop points in each of those matches.

What in gods name has Armenia v Denmark got to do with anything? You could hand pick any result in isolation to justify whatever point you wanted to make if you so wanted.

I'll have a go. Switzerland's opening game win in the '10 WC against Spain proves that taking a negative approach against better sides is unequivocally the best approach and justifies everything Trap tries to strive for.

See how silly this game is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Rekop dog wrote: »
    What in gods name has Armenia v Denmark got to do with anything? You could hand pick any result in isolation to justify whatever point you wanted to make if you so wanted.

I'll have a go. Switzerland's opening game win in the '10 WC against Spain proves that taking a negative approach against better sides is unequivocally the best approach and justifies everything Trap tries to strive for.

See how silly this game is?

Jaysus dont get your knickers in a twist lad, only saying the Danes are of similar standard to the Swedes and maybe if Trap had the balls to have a go( like the Armenians are tonight) in away games we may just get our just rewards instead of relying on other results to go our way so we can nick a playoff spot.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Jaysus dont get your knickers in a twist lad, only saying the Danes are of similar standard to the Swedes and maybe if Trap had the balls to have a go( like the Armenians are tonight) in away games we may just get our just rewards instead of relying on other results to go our way so we can nick a playoff spot.

Well for all their "balls" they're still 4 points off the playoff spot and losing to teams like Malta at home. Think I'll settle for being level on points with our 2nd place rivals despite us having the 4th best squad in the group.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Hey lads is anyone worried that the Germans will let the Austrians win over them if they really need to come 2nd in the group? They did something like that before in a WC game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Augmerson wrote: »
    Hey lads is anyone worried that the Germans will let the Austrians win over them if they really need to come 2nd in the group? They did something like that before in a WC game.

not a hope, they play each other next and Germany will want the job done quickly. with the 3 teams below them left to play, they wont take any chances and will go out to beat them.

Advertisement