Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second offer on house

Options
  • 11-06-2013 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

(private)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

I certainly wouldn't be telling the estate agent what you are approved for. It is none of their business. Put in an offer of what you are prepared to pay for the house, and tell the estate agent the offer is good until XXXXX. Having said that, I wouldn't be tempted to rush in with a significantly higher offer. If the house has been on the market for three years there obviously isn't any significant level of interest. If the owners aren't willing to negotiate to a price you are comfortable with, then walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I agree with the previous comment, I wouldn't tell the EA what you're approved for either. It doesn't matter if you're approved for more money or not. If you think the property is worth X then that's what you offer. Even if you were approved for 250k, if you don't think the house is worth that much then you shouldn't offer that amount. There will be other houses coming up, and in your case it seems like the sellers are being a bit unrealistic about what they can get for the house. If even the EA says the seller is difficult then you might be better off looking elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Boardieman

Thanks for the advice. Much apprec

Advertisement