Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mocha syrup

• 11-06-2013 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi all
    Friends of mine are setting up a coffee shop in Cork and as they are pretty strapped for cash with setting up the business they have decided to hold off buying mocha syrup for a while, I would like to get them a few bottles of both white and dark syrup but don't know the best place to source it.

Can anyone here recommend a place ideally in he Cork area but also any service that would deliver also.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Your friends might be better off just concentrating on selling "proper" quality coffee rather than offering sugary syrups. Most of the 'big name' coffee chains offer that stuff so your friends might dare to be different and get their own customers. Quality is always a good selling point.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭homer1982

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    Your friends might be better off just concentrating on selling "proper" quality coffee rather than offering sugary syrups. Most of the 'big name' coffee chains offer that stuff so your friends might dare to be different and get their own customers. Quality is always a good selling point.

They are going to have a few very different types of coffee and very unusual mixtures of flavours that I have tried and was very surprised with. They just want to cover themselves with the mocha and other plain/sugary coffees because you know alot of older and even younger Irish people are not very good at experiencing new food and drink cultures, just look at the majority of holiday goers either to Europe, America or Australia the first thing they look for is the other Irish people, the second is food that we are familiar with and the last or sometimes first thing they look for is an Irish bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

homer1982 wrote: »
    ...... just look at the majority of holiday goers either to Europe, America or Australia the first thing they look for is the other Irish people, the second is food that we are familiar with and the last or sometimes first thing they look for is an Irish bar.

I don't know about that, it's certainly no substitute for market research. I wish your buddies the best of luck but there's enough cafes out there selling coffee based confectionary as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Conba

I was at Bloom in the Park two weeks ago and decided I was going to have my first Mocha in about 8 years. I didn't actually drink coffee at all until I had that first Mocha, in London.... and it was such a revelation that I was immediately hooked. But, soon after I got into 'real' coffee and never had a Mocha again,... until Bloom.

And by golly was it horrible! I feared the worst when I saw the syrup going in. So can someone tell me what a proper Mocha consists of that made the London one a far superior drink? As I recall there was lots of real chocolate in it topped off with a Flake. I'm guessing there was no syrup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

If I was making one, I'd melt some chocolate in a Bain Marie, add to warm milk and make a hot chocolate. Add espresso and top with foamed milk.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

I find it almost impossible to get a good white chocolate mocha down here in Cork since our only Starbucks closed.

The best I can get is Butlers as they use real melted chocolate.

BB's don't do one, Costa don't do one, Insomnia don't do one and Gloria Jeans use a powder which is awful.

I've had it in a couple of places in the outskirts of Cork but whatever syrup they pump into it bears no resemblance to white chocolate, so you need to be very careful as to what type you but for your friends as it could turn customers off.

Advertisement