Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewhat rude moderation posts.

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Nodin wrote: »
    Context would have been a help......

You can click on any of the quotes and read the context if you like. I included the hyperlinks for that reason.

Generally the context is this:

*user posts query/feedback*

*Insect Overlord posts smarmy party line response in an attempt to belittle the user and gain thanks*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

You can click on any of the quotes and read the context if you like. I included the hyperlinks for that reason.

Generally the context is this:

*user posts query/feedback*

*Insect Overlord posts smarmy party line response in an attempt to belittle the user and gain thanks*

That's the context, is it?

Because the first post you've linked to was from somebody with a long ban history (since permabanned) which led to a series of vague complaints....the second was a completely fair observation, given the tone of the posts it was responding to.....likewise the third, which was responding to a post that a number took similar issue with....etc, etc, etc.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Snide or otherwise, what makes IO's input any less valid? He's not acting qua moderator in Feedback so, like it or not, he's perfectly entitled to be rude, subject to the moderators of this forum.

Your post is completely of topic and just serves as a dig at another user.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Snide or otherwise, what makes IO's input any less valid? He's not acting qua moderator in Feedback so, like it or not, he's perfectly entitled to be rude, subject to the moderators of this forum.

Your post is completely of topic and just serves as a dig at another user.
    Levels of irony here: the last paragraph has the appearance of backseat modding.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Just read Super-rush's post in AH feedback linked earlier in this thread. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85021354&postcount=556 Fair effin play. Bloody good mod in my humble and it's a real pity it ended as it did. I hope it's only temporarily.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

Wibbs wrote: »
    Just read Super-rush's post in AH feedback linked earlier in this thread. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85021354&postcount=556 Fair effin play. Bloody good mod in my humble and it's a real pity it ended as it did. I hope it's only temporarily.

He's still modding as far as I can see.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Good to hear. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think this thread has descended into a bit of a mod-bashing exercise, and that's not really fair. It's important to remember that mods are volunteers here, and everybody is entitled to a bad day (or two!). We're only human after all.

For mods: Remember that you always have backup. All forums on the site have at least two or three mods. If you're going through a bad patch (you're busy in real life, certain posters or threads are driving you nuts, you want to take a short break etc.), then talk your co-mods or Category Mods and step away for a bit. Nobody else has to know, and nobody will think any less of you.

For site members: There are basic rules in place for a reason. Questioning mod decisions is one of those rules. If you feel hard done by over a ban or infraction, there are processes in place where we can deal with those on a case by case basis. If they are unfair, regardless of the moderator involved, then the punitive action will always be reduced or overturned.

Thanks guys.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement