Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity Benefit

Options
  • 11-06-2013 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi

I am trying to organise my maternity benefit with work. They pay me for the first 14 weeks and then i go to state benefit.

I am filling out MB10 form now and im wondering whether it is better to get the state benefit paid directly to me or to my employer?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I just got paid into my own account both times but that was before it was taxable,do your employers have a preference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Some employers expect you to pay it directly to them if they are giving you the full amount but if they only pay the first 14 weeks you probably should get it paid straight to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I'd check with your employer, mine told me I should get it paid direct to me and they'd deduct it from my normal pay.

Advertisement