Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone to look after my cat while I'm in hospital

• 11-06-2013 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

I have to go into hospital in the next few days, and I'm wondering if you might be able to help me, or direct me to who I could leave my cat with so they could take care of her? I looked up the DSPCA website, and it said that she needs to be certified by a vet. I haven't brought her to a vet as she is completely healthy, and they won't allow me to keep her there unless I have this.
    Has anyone any further places I could send her to, so she is kept safe and happy while I'm in hospital? By the way, I'll be in hospital for a few weeks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Catteries, AFAIK, won't take animals that are not vaccinated. Hopefully someone will be able to recommend a sitter, or maybe someone you know could pop in and feed the cat every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Whereabouts are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭JasperKat

Hi, they actually have a fully staffed Vet Surgery at the DSPCA which (afaik) is open to the general public, if driving there you go through their entrance gate & turn right, then immediately left & it's that building there. Staff are very helpful. Worth a phone call to check it out & then they should board the cat in the cattery for the time you're in hospital.
    Hope it's nothing serious & it all works out for you & pussycat.
    JTK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Where are you based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

PM sent :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement