Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap stuff you find that's handy for Canada

Options
  • 11-06-2013 4:27pm

Hey guys, I was buying stuff for my move to Canada today and found a couple of cheap things I needed. Thought it might be handy to pass on the info.

Debenhams and TKMaxx (Blanchardstown) are doing some great deals on suitcases and luggage, more than half price today in Debenhams and about the same on some in TKMaxx. I picked up a Carlton suitcase (90+ litres capacity) for more than half price in TKMaxx.

Mr. Price in Blanchardstown are selling UK & Ireland to US & Canada adapters for €1.50 each, I bought 4 or 5 because I knew I'd need them.

Post up more deals if you find them!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Sacramento wrote: »
    Hey guys, I was buying stuff for my move to Canada today and found a couple of cheap things I needed. Thought it might be handy to pass on the info.

Debenhams and TKMaxx (Blanchardstown) are doing some great deals on suitcases and luggage, more than half price today in Debenhams and about the same on some in TKMaxx. I picked up a Carlton suitcase (90+ litres capacity) for more than half price in TKMaxx.

Mr. Price in Blanchardstown are selling UK & Ireland to US & Canada adapters for €1.50 each, I bought 4 or 5 because I knew I'd need them.

Post up more deals if you find them!

Bring a multi bar so you can plug it into the adapter and adapter into North American plug socket and charge/use any UK/Ireland plugs you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

One thing I'd suggest based on the last time I was there is stocking up on things like socks/undies/tights/pjs in penneys. They really don't have an equivalent that is so cheap for such basics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Buy some long johns/thermals. Seriously.

Advertisement