Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat transfer between rooms

Options
  • 11-06-2013 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

I need to install a Heat transfer fan/system from a kitchen with a lot of glass (34 degrees on Sunday) to the adjacent north facing sitting room (23 degrees) to equalise the temps. I've seen this done on the web with 2 silent fans controlled by a thermostat to circle the air but cannot find this in Ireland. Any ideas? The system will send the warm air in Winter from the log stove heated sitting room to the cooler kitchen.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

this may be an item that a building services engineer needs to spec - ive sent you on company name who might point you in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Hi tweeky

I'm looking at doing this myself AT&T he moment, and am wondering how you got on? Did it work out alright?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭tweeky

No one in Ireland even returned my calls! I have seen a DIY kit in NewZealand and one in Ireland but I need someone to install as well. I thought it would be a simple task of 2 silent ceiling fans (in/out) controlled by a thermostat but others contacted are trying to include engineers and heat recovery €€€. I want to wrap it up for less than €400/500.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

tweeky wrote: »
    No one in Ireland even returned my calls! I have seen a DIY kit in NewZealand and one in Ireland but I need someone to install as well. I thought it would be a simple task of 2 silent ceiling fans (in/out) controlled by a thermostat but others contacted are trying to include engineers and heat recovery €€€. I want to wrap it up for less than €400/500.

I know what you mean RE increasing costs. I've started a separate thread in heating & plumbing, but no feedback yet:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057061036

Next stop for me I think is to assemble the components...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 auzworld

No advertising

• Advertisement
Advertisement