Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

I wanna make one of the face buttons grab, so I never even have to press the right trigger at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 FirLocke

I've been playing the demo a bit more today and I have to say that the biggest crime with the default controls is by far pressing up to jump. I hate it so much! I've missed so many KO worthy up airs with Link because of it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

FirLocke wrote: »
    I've been playing the demo a bit more today and I have to say that the biggest crime with the default controls is by far pressing up to jump. I hate it so much! I've missed so many KO worthy up airs with Link because of it....

Up to jump is in every game though - as well as having at least two other jump buttons, so not really sure I understand why this has been a problem for you? (Also, Link's new Up-air's hitbox is no where near as wide as it used to be, and is actually a lot harder to land than before, so I wouldn't beat myself up too much about missing.)

I chalk it up to playing a lot of fast-paced action games on DS and 3DS with differing control layouts, but I haven't found adapting to the rotated ABXY buttons too difficult at all - in fact I feel quite comfortable on it now. And L-grab R-shield isn't too mind-screwing either - that's how it was in Smash 64, so it's still familiar enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Is ice climbers in this yet

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    Is ice climbers in this yet

Actually, they got dropped. :/

• Advertisement

Up to jump is in every game though - as well as having at least two other jump buttons, so not really sure I understand why this has been a problem for you? (Also, Link's new Up-air's hitbox is no where near as wide as it used to be, and is actually a lot harder to land than before, so I wouldn't beat myself up too much about missing.)

I chalk it up to playing a lot of fast-paced action games on DS and 3DS with differing control layouts, but I haven't found adapting to the rotated ABXY buttons too difficult at all - in fact I feel quite comfortable on it now. And L-grab R-shield isn't too mind-screwing either - that's how it was in Smash 64, so it's still familiar enough.

Ah, I always turn up to jump off. I find it much more difficult to consistently do up tilts on the ground otherwise. I didn't know that about Link's up air! I like how his down air spikes at the beginning of the animation though, that's really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

bring back wario and ganondorf

ganondorf doesnt have be copy of captain falcon

if give him moves from zelda games and hyrule warriors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxjh_qnRGmI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AZXahcwYDA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yh1g9B_eBY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vfh3YpvxHQ

Wario and Ganondorf are back in the game, so no worries, wampyrus.

Ganondorf is still a Falcon clone as far as I know though.

give waluigi upgrade to newcommer character from assist trophy he still assist trophy from brawl and they little mac upgrade from assist trophy from brawl to upgrade to newcommer character, why not waluigi

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    give waluigi upgrade to newcommer character from assist trophy he still assist trophy from brawl and they little mac upgrade from assist trophy from brawl to upgrade to newcommer character, why not waluigi

Who knows? Maybe in the next Smash he will become a new character. Although, then that would bring the total number of Mario characters to at least 8 (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Rosalina, Wario, Bowser,
    Bowser Jr.
    and then Waluigi). Not that I'd complain!

• Advertisement

I'd imagine DLC characters for Smash 4 would be inevitable, especially if it goes well for Mario Kart 8 (which is looking likely, judging by all the multi-coloured Yoshis and Shyguys I've seen on the road since).

Lythero wrote: »
    I'd imagine DLC characters for Smash 4 would be inevitable, especially if it goes well for Mario Kart 8 (which is looking likely, judging by all the multi-coloured Yoshis and Shyguys I've seen on the road since).

Except I'm pretty sure they outright confirmed there'll be no DLC for Smash 4.

It's okay, I won't tell you I told you so when they change their minds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Why not Zoidberg?

I'm quite looking forward to DLC, if they do any, which I'm sure they will. I don't think Waluigi would be a new character though, since he is an assist trophy in Smash 4 is he not? It'd be strange to see Waluigi Assist and playable Waluigi at the same time.

Actually, I don't even know who I'd want as DLC, I'm really happy with the roster! It'd be cool to see Snake come back, he added a lot of variety. I've never played the GBA Golden Sun games but Isaac seems cool. Lots of people want Ridley too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

One gripe I've been having with the game currently is too many human shaped sword wielding characters. Marth, Lucina, Ike, Reflet, Shulk. That's a lot of very similar looking characters in a very fast game with tiny character models.

Don't forget Link! :P Yeah, I know what you mean. In fairness though, Ike, Robin(Reflet), Marth, Link and Shulk all play very differently. Lucina is a straight up copy (possibly better version) of Marth. Although, I'm more interested in playing Lucina than Marth, purely because I know and liked her character in Fire Emblem Awakening. Whereas, I know nothing about Marth except that he was the first Fire Emblem Lord (the DS remake of his game sucked IMO).

I feel like I'm one of the few that really don't mind clone characters. As long as there are still plenty more than enough unique characters, I really don't mind the clones.

marth and Lucina are not clones you dont know their history the reason they look same the because she portray her father marth, marth and Lucina are father and daughter

marth and Lucina are not clones you dont know their history the reason they look same the because she portray her father marth, marth and Lucina are father and daughter
    A 'clone' in a fighting game means a character who plays almost the same as another character. It does not literally mean they are clones.

Lucina, Marth and Ike all have almost the same attacks in Smash Bros, so they're called Clone characters.

Mario and Doctor Mario.
    Captain Falcon and Ganondorf.
    Fox and Falcon.
    Pit and Dark Pit.
    Link and Toon Link.

All of these are known as clone characters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Lucina had all of Big Boss' superior genetic material but had all along believed herself to have been the flawed clone, only for the opposite to be revealed by Marth in his final moments after a protracted fistfight from the top of Metal Gear Rex, through an expansive military complex, on a jeep and across the surface of the moon (which was actually a space station).

This had all been set in motion by the (New York) Patriots who had been sent back in time by the Dark Dragon to thwart the plans of Joseph-Gordon Levitt who was actually Bruce Willis in the future-past.
    Serious Note: lolno Chrom is Lucinas father, Marth is long dead and a figure of legend at that point.

• Advertisement

Source?

eshop now super smash bros 3ds demo out now for free

Sairus wrote: »
    A 'clone' in a fighting game means a character who plays almost the same as another character. It does not literally mean they are clones.

Lucina, Marth and Ike all have almost the same attacks in Smash Bros, so they're called Clone characters.

Mario and Doctor Mario.
    Captain Falcon and Ganondorf.
    Fox and Falcon.
    Pit and Dark Pit.
    Link and Toon Link.

All of these are known as clone characters.

dr mario is never going return unless u use projest comes back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Was watching Stream of this earlier. Definitely seems quicker than Brawl.

Dr. Wily stage seems like a narrower Final Destination.

Almost makes me want to get a Wii U.

Don't forget Link! :P Yeah, I know what you mean. In fairness though, Ike, Robin(Reflet), Marth, Link and Shulk all play very differently. Lucina is a straight up copy (possibly better version) of Marth. Although, I'm more interested in playing Lucina than Marth, purely because I know and liked her character in Fire Emblem Awakening. Whereas, I know nothing about Marth except that he was the first Fire Emblem Lord (the DS remake of his game sucked IMO).

I feel like I'm one of the few that really don't mind clone characters. As long as there are still plenty more than enough unique characters, I really don't mind the clones.

try fire emlbem on nes and play as marth download from virtual console

dr mario is never going return unless u use projest comes back

I bet no one can guess what I wrote under that spoiler.

Mr. Game & Watch is in right?

Was watching Stream of this earlier. Definitely seems quicker than Brawl.

Dr. Wily stage seems like a narrower Final Destination.

Almost makes me want to get a Wii U.

I'll be getting both versions of Smash and in turn get a Wii U for Smash.

But also for:
    Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, Mario 3D World, amongst others!

It's definitely faster than Brawl, the ground game also feels way more intense. Game & Watch is indeed in as well!

well with dlc with every game €50 wont be final payment on this game and dont forget amiibo is coming to ssb 3ds in 2015

My friend code! 5343 - 8429 - 4346

My copy isn't arriving 'till next week, but there will be plenty of Smash ahead!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Saltylicious

My thumb is in ribbons after 2 hours of this game, holy crap.

My thumb is in ribbons after 2 hours of this game, holy crap.

I found it difficult to play as well until I found my position. What I do is basically have my thumb going from the bottom of the 3DS, covering the dpad and the tip of the thumb covers the circle pad. I find that to be pretty comfortable, I've been able to play the demo for quite a few hours that way.

to get online pal you've download update for ssb 3ds from eshop pal press y as soon start game to quick access

how do access miiverse while playing the game

plus why cant i access my nintendo uk account today

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Saltylicious

I found it difficult to play as well until I found my position. What I do is basically have my thumb going from the bottom of the 3DS, covering the dpad and the tip of the thumb covers the circle pad. I find that to be pretty comfortable, I've been able to play the demo for quite a few hours that way.

I'm using the 2DS and keeping fingers on the shoulder buttons feels really weird for me lol, so much so that I've had to rebind shield to to Y. Besides this the game is real fun.

ive unlock falco and how do you access miiverse while playing ssb 3ds

I'm using the 2DS and keeping fingers on the shoulder buttons feels really weird for me lol, so much so that I've had to rebind shield to to Y. Besides this the game is real fun.

Oh right! I thought the 2DS would be fairly comfortable to play on since the shoulder buttons are so big actually. I'm using an XL myself, and I've played the demo for more hours than I'd like to admit, so I've gotten very used to the default control scheme.
    ive unlock falco and how do you access miiverse while playing ssb 3ds

Smash uses too much RAM, can't access Miiverse while playing the game unfortunately!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ArmourWulfe

Funnily enough, after years of playing smash with a GC pad and using L to shield, I can't get used to using L for it on the 3DS XL.

I've opted for an almost-Soul-Calibur approach for controlling it, like so:

A - Jump
    B - Shield
    Y - Attack
    X - Special

That way I can B for shield and B + Y for grab, and it works pretty well!

That way I can B for shield and B + Y for grab, and it works pretty well!

Genius. I feel like I've gotten too accustomed to the controls even as far back as the demo to try that though.

Same, I've gotten far too used to the demo's controls to bother changing them. If anyone wants to play some 1v1 at some point, feel free to add me! My code is at the top of this page. Had some great games online today. Mostly been using Ike, Link, Mega Man and a bit of Little Mac. He's definitely my favourite new character in the roster!

I like that Nintendo 3DS can be used as a controller on the Wii U version. This is a great addition, as it will make owners of the 3DS version able to participate in tournaments run on consoles, and with the controls they're familiar with, which a couple of people were asking about at casuals recently.

Stage builder also looks very good - much more creative freedom than the Brawl one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRpOBrrC86A baby bowser and koopalings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭PKdude

Hey guys, my friend code is: 1005-8939-3004
    Feel free to add me, I'd love to play some matches :D@FirLocke I've added you there!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50 Must-See ThingsCheck out 50 must-see things in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U before the game's release on December 5th. Click on the videos to watch them again at any time! on nintendo direct from nintendo.co.uk since 23.10.2014 check its awesome smashing brilliant video to watch
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18mat63n7pc

customization from 3ds to wiiu and vice verse watch ssb nintendo direct to find out and more

Wampyrus, the release date for Smash Bros on Wii U has been pushed forward in Europe to November 28th.

Wampyrus, the release date for Smash Bros on Wii U has been pushed forward in Europe to November 28th.

thank you very much, but i know i just saw it on latest nintendo direct last thursday, i just be lazy above and copied all the text nintendo direct all words from section of super smash bros wiiu 50 things you must see

but gamestop dont know this they still think its 5th of december

In the WiiU version of Smash the Punch Out! stage has a neat scoreboard in the background that shows who is currently fighting, and gives each character a nickname. Here's a compilation of everyone's nicks.

Bowser and Peach have pretty great little nods.

,when i went preorder Link amiibo last thursday, and i ask did u know that iwata on nintendo direct said ssb wiiu is coming on november 28th and gamestop cashier said well still according our systems its still says december 5th, until that changes we still say its 5th december

ssb update today

Just bought this with the GC adapter.

Will buy the console on pay day.

Please tell me Nintendo have done away with the stupid friend code nonsense that's different for each game and have gone down the singular Username path?

Please tell me Nintendo have done away with the stupid friend code nonsense that's different for each game and have gone down the singular Username path?

They have. Rest easy. Codes were absolute BS.

They now have Nintendo network IDs (NNIDs). Basically Gamertags for the Wii U.

They have. Rest easy. Codes were absolute BS.

They now have Nintendo network IDs (NNIDs). Basically Gamertags for the Wii U.

Thankfully. You need to set up a Nintendo Network ID, which you link to the console, and then that's essentially your gamer tag, and that's universal across all games.

That ID is invisible, however. What people will actually see is your Mii/profile nickname, which doesn't have to match the ID and can be changed freely. It's the ID that has to be registered to add friends, but at least it only needs to be one-way like other systems; you don't need to both register each other, one can send a request and the other can accept.

• Advertisement
Advertisement