Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Ordinary Level French before / after **

• 08-06-2013 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Dropping down to pass on the day, what do I have to know for letters/postcard or whatever?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lkillyl

In terms the written part of the part:
    A- here you have the choice between a fill in the blanks and a cv. The fill in the blanks is usually just a postcard or letter and the cv is generally your oral work. In the cv you can be asked your name, D.O.B, nationality, if you like sports, previous job exp, your qualities (all brief answers)
    B- this choice is between a message and a postcard, generally they just test past future and present here. So be able to say your going somewhere, know like the words for camping or youth hostel if you are doing the postcard. And be able to say when you'll be back
    C- this is between a diary entry and a formal letter (generally the diary entry is easier) if you choose the diary then write the date at the top and like "ma chambre" or something. And start with "chere journal". Know phrases like "what a disaster!" or "I'm very happy" etc
    I hop this has helped and hasn't been too long winded :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Handy exam to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

Just doing pass french to get into my course. Been doing it just one year. Oral went pretty bad probably 10% max out of the 20% on offer so hopefully I do a good paper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sganyfx

I am going to get 550 points plus and miss my course because of this paper tomorrow :'(

The paper will be fine, its easy enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭Sporty_Kate

Just a quick one, In the written section with the Cloze test and the Application form...can you do both and they mark you on your best one or what? My teacher says just to do 1, because they might think that you miss understood the question!

Just a quick one, In the written section with the Cloze test and the Application form...can you do both and they mark you on your best one or what? My teacher says just to do 1, because they might think that you miss understood the question!

You can do the whole lot my teacher said and mark on best, i did that in the mocks

You can do the whole lot my teacher said and mark on best, i did that in the mocks

Perfect thanks! :)

What to cram between now and the exam :O

sganyfx wrote: »
    What to cram between now and the exam :O

such a hard q, my answer, nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 FranicusThe2nd

Literally just dropped to pass, have no idea on what's on the paper. Anyone have any advice?

Literally just dropped to pass, have no idea on what's on the paper. Anyone have any advice?

Chill......

It's handy out, diary entry, postcard, all of them! They're on examinations.ie

I just hope the marking scheme is nice...I don't want to fail this :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

the comprehensions are divided where you answer two in english and 2 in french their pretty simple, then an option with fill in the blanks where you're given the words or a form. then theres an A B and C where you do two questions consisting of a message,diary entry,letter etc, make sure you do two from different section :) theres time to do every question and still have an hour to spare

Je suis allé.

Can that be used as "I have gone" ? Or what does it really mean haha. Please help a french noob :p

Je suis allé.

Can that be used as "I have gone" ? Or what does it really mean haha. Please help a french noob :p

my french isnt the best but i think its i will go?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭David086

Je vais aller.... I am going
    Je suis allé..... I went

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭aarondoc

Can we leave the written part early and come back for the tape or what?

Just so you know you can do fill in the blanks and the form they mark on the best one

anyone know any websites that have sample answers for letter and them things?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 TentacleCubes

This should be okay :)
    Good luck and whatnot!

Anyone else find the tape hard?

Anyone else find the tape hard?
    Me, I pretty much had to guess everything :( Bye bye Trinity :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Robynne

When is the exam going up on examinations.ie ? I thought it was a little bit iffy.. bye bye B Id say ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

unbelievably easy :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I came out after an hour

comprehensions were trick enough, section a b and c were great and aural was good except for number 3 and 4

Everything was pretty good except the forth conpethension , so I was pretty happy, until the aural. Literally think I got about 20% in that. Had to guess every 2/3 answers and those guesses were terrible at that. Really do hope I pass. Terrible oral aswel :( need it for uni

So anyone ever heard of anyone failing Ordinary French? :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭007driver

sganyfx wrote: »
    So anyone ever heard of anyone failing Ordinary French? :P

8.1 % in 2010

Advertisement