Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2013 LC Chemistry Before/After***

Options

Comments

My most confident exam yet! Did every question :)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hamza Malik

comeclosa wrote: »
    I MADE That paper my b****
    It was tricky enough but if you knew what to do then you were okay I suppose...
    Not nice how in almost every single calculation the units were all messed up, but I suppose if you know what to do you know what to do..
    Genuinely not the worst paper.

In question 1 it said 200 cm portions were used. Was that a mistake ? Did it mean to be 20. I still used 200cm l

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

My experiments were weaker than I'd hoped but overall it was grand. It was tougher than I was expecting but I knew my stuff so I'd say I did fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭aoifemcg94

Happy enough with that bar the calculations, messed up on them! Plus got two extra questions done ! :)
    downside though, forgot to go back on some stuff :(:/

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭comeclosa

In question 1 it said 200 cm portions were used. Was that a mistake ? Did it mean to be 20. I still used 200cm l

I used 200 too... I suppose, you don't question Chemistry. :P Take what they give. 7.5 ppm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hamza Malik

I used 200 too... I suppose, you don't question Chemistry. :P Take what they give. 7.5 ppm?

Yes 7.5 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

Grand paper, one or two little things might stop me from getting my A1 though. Kinda happy, but then again kinda not. The only question I didn't answer was Q9, seemed easy but I just didn't get around to it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Moromaster

Anyone find question 4 odd?

... just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Kingkumar

what did u guys get for the calculations for Q1 Q3 and the heat change in Q6 and the ph of NH4OH. ? and wow how do u guys have time to answer all q's
    Pretty good paper but some Q's were a bit weird

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Not even reading this thread because why care anymore, my LC is over but it wouldn't be right not to make a comment on this at this stage so WOOO, that was class. Wasn't crazy about the experiments bar the titration but the rest of the paper was a dream. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Did 9 of the questions, but 2 were weakish. Still hoping to pick up the A1 though. That question 2 was awkward. Made a mess of the solvent for Benzoic Acid, and the clove oil apparatus. According to me teacher, they were looking for the safety tube to be placed into the water in the quickfit apparatus. The diagram didn't have water in with the cloves so I was going on talking about immiscible liquids and how collectively the boiling point is lower than each of them individually. They'd want to give me the marks as the diagram didn't have water either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Think it was grand, question 2 was very weird altogether though. I had that annoying feeling in every question that one tiny bit wasn't right, but I did 2 extra questions so hopefully it was grand!

Yes 7.5 :P

Yes i think i got something around that what was the concentration of I2 4.7x10^-4 ?

Kingkumar wrote: »
    what did u guys get for the calculations for Q1 Q3 and the heat change in Q6 and the ph of NH4OH. ? and wow how do u guys have time to answer all q's

Q1. 7.5 ppm
    and the only other calculation I remember was the pH of around 11.28? depending on rounding.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭RML

200 is right. :D

How can people remember the answers to the calculations? I can barely remember my exam number from one day to the next :pac:

Q1. 7.5 ppm
    and the only other calculation I remember was the pH of around 11.28? depending on rounding.

My pH was 7.8 or somewhere there, if this is Q11 we're talking about..
    Also, did people get a negative delta h for the ethyne calculation?

Q1. 7.5 ppm

i have written down 11.29 so it should be right yay!. seem to have gotten the calculations right atleast :)

delta h i got -126.4 kj mol-1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Going back over it at the end, I noticed I missed the "Draw another isomer of A and B". Managed to scribble it in in a corner. Hope the examiner still sees/accepts it.

• Advertisement

My ph was around 11ish and the delta h was negative, it wasn't a high number either, it was in the hundreds.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭xJEx

Kingkumar wrote: »

I got 7.52ppm
    I got 4.347 and then 57.96 kJ for Q3 and then for the pH I got 11.63

For Q6, heat change, did anyone get -412.2?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

For the pH I got 11.28 too :) I did a question this morning almost identical to the one that came up, so I know that around 11.28 (depends on rounding) is right! :P

RML wrote: »

I think mine was closer to -124 or -128

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭N curran

RML wrote: »

no

i got minus a hundred and something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Q2 was bollix. Q6 was gay how they gave awkward heats of formation. Q1 & 3 were dodgy.
    Otherwise grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

What did ye get for Kc?

N curran wrote: »
    no

i got minus a hundred and something
    I think mine was closer to -124 or -128

Oh! Crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider