Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2013 LC Chemistry Before/After***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭MarieCurie22

There is a very high probability I'm going to fail applied maths, which is a shame. I've only looked at 4 Q's in any sort of detail, having only started it after the mocks. I'm annoyed about that, I love the subject so much & I can tell that if I'd done it since 5th year it would be my favourite subject, but I've just no time for it :(

Surely you cant be worse off than...one class a week for 2 years havent done any tests or mocks....never asked for homework! Struggled for 2 years and hated everyday of it! So screwed :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Surely you cant be worse off than...one class a week for 2 years havent done any tests or mocks....never asked for homework! Struggled for 2 years and hated everyday of it! So screwed :/

Ouch! The most embarrassing part, for me at least, is that so few people sit the test in the first place that if I fail it will probably have a tiny, but noticeable, effect on the subjects stats for that year. :P

You might just have to do what I plan on doing, putting all my effort into the part (a)'s, attempting the (b)'s then if I am able/have time, and hopefully ending up on 50% if I'm extremely lucky. :P

This is all woefully off topic though.. So, eh.. Woo, stoichiometry!

Ouch! The most embarrassing part, for me at least, is that so few people sit the test in the first place that if I fail it will probably have a tiny, but noticeable, effect on the subjects stats for that year. :P

You might just have to do what I plan on doing, putting all my effort into the part (a)'s, attempting the (b)'s then if I am able/have time, and hopefully ending up on 50% if I'm extremely lucky. :P

This is all woefully off topic though.. So, eh.. Woo, stoichiometry!

Aha yeah i like stoichiometry percentage yields likely to show themselves :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Aha yeah i like stoichiometry percentage yields likely to show themselves :P

I hope stoichiometry come up! :D:D:D

Yep, my teacher was saying we're likely to get ethanoic acid or ethanal and that it will be tied in with percentage yield if we do. That would be a lovely 50 marks in the bag if so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭xJEx

Tengo El Espanol y la contabilidad tambien. Estoy muy cansado ahora!

Estoy muy cansada también. No estoy preparando mucho para el espanol porque hay demasiado que hacer por la fisíca y la química!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

I think I'd rather just have chemistry done at this stage. I've studied it consistently all year and feel more than prepared yet when I'm not studying I feel resoundingly guilty. These exams have turned my health to sh1t too, can't eat or sleep properly these days. I just want it to hurry up and end!!!

Yep, my teacher was saying we're likely to get ethanoic acid or ethanal and that it will be tied in with percentage yield if we do. That would be a lovely 50 marks in the bag if so!

I also hope them easy stoichimetry questions come up, you know empirical, molecular formula. for an option! it would be lovely!!

xJEx wrote: »
    Estoy muy cansada también. No estoy preparando mucho para el espanol porque hay demasiado que hacer por la fisíca y la química!

Jajajaja Soy el Mismo!

I think I'd rather just have chemistry done at this stage. I've studied it consistently all year and feel more than prepared yet when I'm not studying I feel resoundingly guilty. These exams have turned my health to sh1t too, can't eat or sleep properly these days. I just want it to hurry up and end!!!

Same although i have a few loose strings to tie...A1 fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hamza Malik

Thanks :o although physics Im not so hot at so got that monday....Anyone here actually interested in doing chem in college? Or are you all MED?

I actually got an offer for molecular chemistry (computers) in trinity last year. I rejected it cause I want medicine more :pac:

I actually got an offer for molecular chemistry (computers) in trinity last year. I rejected it cause I want medicine more :pac:

You repeated instead? Think I'll do the same if push comes to shove! :D

You med wannabes crazy as :P

Repeating is a nightmare!! It burns you out :(

Repeating is a nightmare!! It burns you out :(

Wouldn't it be sooo much easier though? Like you would have worked so hard this time last year?

Wouldn't it be sooo much easier though? Like you would have worked so hard this time last year?

I was a slacker last year :/ although I find everything easier but its still hard work. And for English its different. There's different poets, comparative and I had to learn Macbeth by myself cause I did Hamlet last year.

I was a slacker last year :/ although I find everything easier but its still hard work. And for English its different. There's different poets, comparative and I had to learn Macbeth by myself cause I did Hamlet last year.

Oh yeah! I suppose! :D
    Well hope you get Medicine! How was your HPAT last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

You med wannabes crazy as :P
    Medabees! ;)

Oh yeah! I suppose! :D
    Well hope you get Medicine! How was your HPAT last year?

Thanks. You too :D

I had an awful hpat. I got 155. I'm ashamed of that. Hopefully I can get over 180 this time round :)

Thanks. You too :D

I had an awful hpat. I got 155. I'm ashamed of that. Hopefully I can get over 180 this time round :)

Oh no need to be ashamed of it! It's a good solid score! I have a feeling it will be the same as mine this year :(

• Advertisement

Oh no need to be ashamed of it! It's a good solid score! I have a feeling it will be the same as mine this year :(

Tbh its really hard to predict how well you did. I thought I did brilliant in the emotion section but it let me down the most.

Dw I'm sure you will do good! :)

Repeating for medicine is a nightmare!! It burns you out :(

FYP! ;)

Yes outnumbered thats the worst thing about! I'm absolutely shattered at this point but repeating for med is worth it imo

Tbh its really hard to predict how well you did. I thought I did brilliant in the emotion section but it let me down the most.

Dw I'm sure you will do good! :)

Really? Do the ******** percentile reflect real thing? :D

Really? Do the ******** percentile reflect real thing? :D

They are suppose to but I find it confusing and full of bull ;)

To answer a question from the last page there, I am considering doing chemistry in college. I'm not in it for the medicine like most of you. :p

To answer a question from the last page there, I am considering doing chemistry in college. I'm not in it for the medicine like most of you. :p

Ah! me too! where?

Ah! me too! where?

It's looking like Trinity for me, but I have UCD down as well. You? :)

It's looking like Trinity for me, but I have UCD down as well. You? :)

Omfg me too, TCD down first then Ucd for science choice in both but i intend on doing chem...:D

• Advertisement

Can anyone explain water of crystallisation? :pac:

Advertisement