Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Replacements e.p

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭LizardKing82

no no no no

you can't discuss The Replacements here

you will get banned

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

All for a good cause, but as a collection of songs, it's ok at best. It's nice that a new Replacements release is out there, but I'm not sure how it will compere to their earlier work. It feels a bit laboured and uninspired. Still bought the 12" red vinyl release mind.

I think we're all going to get banned for this

I think we're all going to get banned for this

Just you I reckon, myself and Mr Whirly are participating in a discussion, on a discussion forum. You on the other hand, have made your point and is now simply hijacking the thread.

So to get back on topic, have you listened to the EP??

I have indeed listened to it

I think its average, but like you said its for a good cause

Worth noting that had i initiated this discussion the thread would have been locked

• Advertisement

Worth noting that had i initiated this discussion the thread would have been locked

Fair enough point. I've had issues with the mods on here in the past, I find one particular mod likes the power invested in him. But I think it's best to move on. This is cyber world, in my real world I deal with my real life issues, and that keeps me busy.

I'm glad you listened to the EP, the red vinyl is nice to have, not a lover of downloads, and I certainly couldn't afford one of the limited 250 signed 10" pressings that were auctioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

I have indeed listened to it

I think its average, but like you said its for a good cause

No it won't be, since the OP actually provided some meaningful content to discuss. Take note LizardKing for future reference.

Regarding the new song it's alright. Doesn't hold a torch to anything on Tim or Let It Be. I'd rather they didn't release any new material and leave their legacy intact.

No it won't be, since the OP actually provided some meaningful content to discuss. Take note LizardKing for future reference.

I started a thread asking if there were any Tommy Stinson fans here and it got locked

Tell me, do you wear a cape when you moderate?

I started a thread asking if there were any Tommy Stinson fans here and it got locked

Tell me, do you wear a cape when you moderate?

Let it be. See what I did there?????:D

Color me impressed

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

If you mention a ban or being banned or start a pointless thread or respond in any way to this post on thread and i mean any kind of a reply. You're gone for 6 months. Of course you can discuss the topic of the thread and what is a pretty dull album in my opinion.

You got banned if you disagreed you could have appealed it. You can't discuss moderation on thread on boards if you have an issue take it to PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

I'd still love to see them. Paul and Tommy are getting a band together for a few shows over the summer. It would be great if they cam to Europe.

Mr Whirly wrote: »
    I'd still love to see them. Paul and Tommy are getting a band together for a few shows over the summer. It would be great if they cam to Europe.

Just stumbled across this:

http://pitchfork.com/news/50789-the-replacements-announce-first-shows-in-22-years/

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

chicago here i come

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

They're playing the Roundhouse in London. Tickets went on sale today.

Also playing Paradiso in Amsterdam on 30th May, tickets also just went on sale. Got mine.:cool:

http://www.ticketmaster.nl/event/142875

London on the 2nd June.

http://www.roundhouse.org.uk/whats-on/2015/the-replacements/

2nd Roundhouse gig announced for the 3rd June.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

lewisdhead wrote: »
    2nd Roundhouse gig announced for the 3rd June.

2 nights in camden in june. got tickets for both. beyond excited

Amsterdam gig was amazing. The band really put their heart into it. It wasn't a money grabbing re-union, in my opinion (I know it was to raise money for Slim). Set list was so strong and still there was songs the didn't play. I feel privileged to have been there. Any one else there or at the London gigs.

Although it appears to be all over again, but with The Replacements, you never know. http://pitchfork.com/news/59854-paul-westerberg-says-the-replacements-just-played-their-final-show/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Caught them at Primavera, great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 RobKell85

Huge, huge, huge fan of this band. I went to Chicago to see them at riot fest, and went to both London shows.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd ever get to see them and they were amazing. This wasn't your typical run of the milll reunion tour...They were on fire, still full of piss and vinegar...

I' love to hear some new material from him...I don't think they're finished yet. That comment onstage at Primavera was a joke..

Advertisement