Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Calling

Options
  • 11-06-2013 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Just had a bizarre phone call from someone purporting to be from Eircom. you know its a sales call, when they say "this is not a sales call."
    up to my eyes with the kids, on my own

politely answered the first few questions, yes happy with my service etc

i then said i had to go.

when can i call you back. 

I said i don't want you to call me back

Do you want me to cut your service off

I don't want you call me back

I have to call you

i hung up.

Since when do Customer service guys cut you off for not answering their questions?:mad:

i pay my bill , never behind & this is the crap i get for it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

lods wrote: »
    Just had a bizarre phone call from someone purporting to be from Eircom. you know its a sales call, when they say "this is not a sales call."
    up to my eyes with the kids, on my own

politely answered the first few questions, yes happy with my service etc

i then said i had to go.

when can i call you back. 

I said i don't want you to call me back

Do you want me to cut your service off

I don't want you call me back

I have to call you

i hung up.

Since when do Customer service guys cut you off for not answering their questions?

i pay my bill , never behind & this is the crap i get for it?

HI lods

I can assure you eircom do make sales calls as well as account calls if a customers account is due to be disconnected.

However they should never speak to any customer in that manner. If you would like to PM me with your eircom account number and name on the account I can check the nature of the cal.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

HI lods

I can assure you eircom do make sales calls as well as account calls if a customers account is due to be disconnected.

However they should never speak to any customer in that manner. If you would like to PM me with your eircom account number and name on the account I can check the nature of the cal.

Thanks, Mark
    You inbox is Full, The account isnt in arrears , the threat to cut me off was becuse i wouldnt answer all his questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

You inbox is Full, The account isnt in arrears , the threat to cut me off was becuse i wouldnt answer all his questions.
    Hi lods

Yes, there is no excuse for such behaviour, please feel free to PM mark or me and we'll have this looked into however it does seem as though that this was not an eircom agent.

Al

I never heard anything back from The Eircom REP on Here & have had 3 Customer service calls over last few days . To be honest i'd love to dump the phone. No one rings on it anyway, but the misses likes the idea of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

I never heard anything back from The Eircom REP on Here & have had 3 Customer service calls over last few days . To be honest i'd love to dump the phone. No one rings on it anyway, but the misses likes the idea of it.
    [font=Times New Roman", "serif]Hi Iods, [/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif] [/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]I am very sorry about this. [/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]I have checked this with my colleague Al and he requested for you to be removed from cold calls. The normal lead time is 28 working days, I am not sure why it is taken so long. I have escalated it on for you now. Sorry for the delays and not coming back to you. [/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]Sorry for any inconvenience caused.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]Tracey [/font]

• Advertisement

Thank you

Advertisement