Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temple St Hospital Parking

Options
  • 11-06-2013 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

I have to attend Temple St hospital next week for a meeting @ 11.30. I had orginally planned to atch the train but my plans have changed as i am heading to Co.Down afterwards.

What are my chances of getting off-street parking around 11am? I notice Clery's Q-park nearby offer discount parking for visitors to Temple St. Otherwise when i go to Dublin (not very often!) i normally park near the Jervis St area. I don't know Dublin very well and don't really like city driving too much so something easy to get in & out of would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You could park at Hardwicke St flats (the flats just across from Temple St hospital), it's pay parking but don't leave valuables lying around as it's known as a rough area. We always park there when bringing our daughter to the hospital for her check ups.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

They have a special with clerys car park. Something like all day for €5 and €1 from that goes directly back to Temple Street. It's about a 15 min walk to the place though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

kceire wrote: »
    They have a special with clerys car park. Something like all day for €5 and €1 from that goes directly back to Temple Street. It's about a 15 min walk to the place though.

Yes, i realise that - i mentioned Clerys in my OP. my question was, will i stlll get a park there at 11am or is there another off street parking garage that i'll get parking at at that time of day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Someone on magicmum.ie says there is a car park just up from the hospital, heading away from Dorset St area. It's just a yard with security and they're cheaper than Clerys. Lots of spaces. Not sure exactly where she is talking about though. Reckon you should be safe enough with Clerys or Qpark on Marlbourough St.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

The Mater Hospital has a new car park, not sure of prices. If you cant get a spot on Temple street don't park on Hardwicke Street, not because its a rough area, no cars being broken into in years afaik, its just a hot spot for clamping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭kdowling

Dancor wrote: »
    no cars being broken into in years afaik.

Do you get notified every time there is a car broken into in this area?

Otherwise how the hell would you know that?!!

kdowling wrote: »
    Do you get notified every time there is a car broken into in this area?

Otherwise how the hell would you know that?!!

Lived there for 23 of my 25 years on this earth. Walk up and down the street multiple times a day, work 5 minutes away and yes I would be notified as I park my car there Mon-Sat and would be advised by my family and friends if there was a break in as they know I park there. Anyway the street is resident/permit parking only.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭kdowling

Dancor wrote: »
    Lived there for 23 of my 25 years on this earth. Walk up and down the street multiple times a day, work 5 minutes away and yes I would be notified as I park my car there Mon-Sat and would be advised by my family and friends if there was a break in as they know I park there. Anyway the street is resident/permit parking only.

Bit of a silly thing to claim. Perhaps your family and friends don't see every break in either?
    I live in the area too and there are car break in's in the area regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

mel.b wrote: »
    Yes, i realise that - i mentioned Clerys in my OP. my question was, will i stlll get a park there at 11am or is there another off street parking garage that i'll get parking at at that time of day?

I have never had a problem getting into Cleary's

The special rate is great , get the tkt validated at the reception , or if that is closed at A+E security.

Hope all is well.

kdowling wrote: »
    Bit of a silly thing to claim. Perhaps your family and friends don't see every break in either?
    I live in the area too and there are car break in's in the area regularly.

Whats silly to claim about it?

Are you talking about the area, (North inner city D1, one of the poorest and crime ridden areas of the city) in general? where with any on street parking you should be vigilant? because I am talking about Hardwicke street and in fact Temple street too. Do you know of any break ins on the street because I would genuinely appreciate the heads up. Could have been a break in yesterday for all I know and have not heard about but in general cars will be just fine there.

As for the OP http://www.mater.ie/parking/

• Advertisement
Advertisement