Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weak Subjects

Options
  • 11-06-2013 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭

Have you got weak subjects? Have you got grinds? What are you trying to do to bring up your grades? My weak subjects are Irish/French Metalwork and i'm really worried for them for the exam, here are my mock results

Irish (OL) B
    Metalwork (HL) C

I done all my homework in these subjects and tried my best, but before my mocks realistically I wasn't doing much study for my JC I hope to get an A in Irish and B in metalwork.

Post your weak subjects here and discuss why its your weak subject, we all have weak subjects.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭abcdefghijkl

Irish is a weak subject for me. I haven't taken grinds or anything, as I have absolutely no interest in the language, and I will be dropping down to Ordinary level in the Leaving Cert. I hope that I got a C in the exam, as I felt it went similarly to the mocks (which I got a C in).

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭claryfray

Irish (HL) - Got a C in the Mocks which I was delighted with
    Maths (HL) - Just about got a C, again delighted with that :P
    Science (HL) - I got a low C I think. My teacher is rubbish, I am pretty much capable of learning Biology all by myself but Physics and Chemistry are tricker. I don't plan on continuing Science after the JC, so I haven't put as much of an effort in as I should

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ajguy97

For me probably english and irish and history :L

English- D
    Irish- C
    History- C

probably why theyre so low is coz first im not from ireland and english isnt my first language so i have difficulty comprehending text that are in tests and all that :L but in spellings grammar im alright :)
    for irish i couldnt really care about it :L it seems unfair for me coz the rest of my friends dont have to do irish :L exemption and all that ..
    Since i came into ireland in 3rd class i have to do it .. but i really dont want to ..
    for history .. theres just too much to remember lol but i didnt cram for the mocks maybe if i cram now ill get a B :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

French mainly because they changed our teacher due to "cut backs" and all our new teacher does is give us letters to learn off even if we don't know what the words mean.... I dropped down to ordinary level Irish because I couldn't bare the route learning too but I need higher level French.

Taking no grinds in any subject, got mostly Bs in the mocks, a few As and a C in maths which I feel is now at least a B.

Just French I'm really worried about at this point because science, religion, history and technical graphics I find easy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I have no weak subjects, but the subject I scored the lowest on is Irish on my mocks. I got an A on a mock ordinary paper our teacher gave us and a D on the higher mock ... I think I could of easily got an A or B in higher ... if only the teacher bothered to do some work ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

My lowest subject would be maths, got a D at HL in the mocks :P Got grinds and am hoping for a C or a B in the real thing. Other then that I don't really have a bad subject, I'm a B/A student in everything else....I think

Advertisement