Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should students have to pay for the Junior Cert?

Options
  • 11-06-2013 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭

The motion for the debate is "Should students have to pay for the Junior Cert" You're either for/against the motion you can't be both. Please write the debate out as if it was in English.

I'm personally against the motion because Ireland is supposed to be a "free education system" and I think the board of education should cover the fees. Are you for or against the motion?

I recommend having three to four good reasons or more if you like debating, I'll announce a winner when a lot of debates come through, good luck!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭MickFleetwood

I'm not even doing the Junior Cert but why should people have to pay for something that they have to do?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The fees only cover a small amount of the cost of running the exams.
    I'm afraid free education went out the window here a long time ago, if it ever really was here.

Advertisement