Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panel 'Rights'

Options
  • 11-06-2013 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I applied for the Supplementary Panel, before the closing date and they claim they never got it. I sent it again by registered post and they said that I was a down as a Late Applicant and would not be accepted.

Last year late applicants were accepted. Previously, teachers were put on to the panel directly after reaching requirements.

Because of the poor administration skills of the Department of Education, I am missing out on a permanent job in my school. It is unlikely there will be another permanent position for several years.

The Department of Education have been unhelpful, unwilling to listen and extremely unpleasant to deal with. The teacher's 'union', the INTO, have been neglectful on behalf of myself and all other (180+ ) teachers that are in my position.

Has anyone else had the same problem?

I am in disbelief that the Department can be so unfair and the INTO are not fighting my case.

I have the experience and requirements for this position, I think by right I should have the same chance as others.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭muckisluck

How can you say the Dept. of Education is at fault if they didn't get your application. There are many reasons why it wouldn't have arrived in time. It is my understanding that all teachers in your position were advised by the INYO to make sure they kept proof of postage. As for automatic entitlement because that's what happened in the past. that just doesn't work with the new systems in place. Bottom line is that the responsibility is yours to make sure you access your entitlements (more appropriate word than rights)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mat cauthon

Did you register it?
    Have you proof of postage?
    Have you kept that?

If you did, and you have, then you have a number and it can be proved that they got it ( or didn't) but that you posted it.

If you didn't well that was a bit remiss!
    And if you did, and you've lost the docket, well, that was not just remiss, but pure careless.

If you can prove you posted it, have proof of postage, which you have retained just in case, well then, you are okay.
    If you cannot.... well, then, in another year you will be a year wiser, won't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Seriously??!

Mcukisluck - thank you so much for your condescending reply.

The Department are at fault for several things that were proven 'administrative' errors. They are widely known for this. I could name five cases off the top of my head, in which they were proven incorrect with copies of forms and proof of postage. So yes, I believe it is the fault of the Department of Education. (or is the correct word error?)

Mat Cauthon - No, i have no proof of postage, I did not attend the meetings as I was a long way from having the requirements for the panel the previous year and i had no idea they could change them so drastically. Two teachers I know were previously on the panel, automatically, in the last two years and assumed that they would be on this years panel. I was lucky my prinipal informed me of the circular. From now on any dealings I have with the Department will be copied and registered.

The Department seem to chop and change to suit themselves, whatever involves the least effort and work possible. I have been advised by many to keep ringing and 'hassling' them and i will be put on the panel eventually as many others have had success this way, they were too much trouble and effort to deal with, so the Department rolled over. In one case, they didn't even ask for Garda Vetting or any other required, the teacher was directly put on to the main panel. Obviously, the teacher had all these forms anyway, but she told me her story to highlight their work ethic.

Advertisement