Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom pricing -10 euro cheaper for new customers??

Options
  • 11-06-2013 8:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 115 ✭✭

https://secure.eircom.net/talktime/talktime-evolution-flow?execution=e1s1

i just noticed this

30 euro promotion for new customers ok........no problem

40 euro for 6 months and 55euro per month afterwards for advanced unlimited with anytime calls

existing customers like myself are paying 65euro permonth

so is eircom going to have customers paying different rates for the same package after the promotion ends or whats the story here?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 115 ✭✭mikemcdeedy100

any ideas on this 
    i rang eircom but they couldn't explain the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Basic package free for 6 months to new customers, and the middle tier package is €5...happy days.

"*6 months Free Broadband
    Free 6 months' Broadband applies to eircom Broadband Advanced only. eircom Broadband Advanced Unlimited is available for just €5 per month for the first six months. Free and discounted pricing available with eircom Talk Off-Peak and eircom Talk Anytime only"

https://secure.eircom.net/talktime/talktime-evolution-flow?execution=e2s4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Mylow wrote: »
    Basic package free for 6 months to new customers, and the middle tier package is €5...happy days.

"*6 months Free Broadband
    Free 6 months' Broadband applies to eircom Broadband Advanced only. eircom Broadband Advanced Unlimited is available for just €5 per month for the first six months. Free and discounted pricing available with eircom Talk Off-Peak and eircom Talk Anytime only"

https://secure.eircom.net/talktime/talktime-evolution-flow?execution=e2s4

Hi Guys,

I understand that is frustrating when different products have different promotions.  We are not trying to penalise existing customer however an new product or service does not have to be subject to the same terms and conditions of previous services. packages or bundles.

However when we apply for any pricing or promotion to be ratified, the same promotions / pricing can not automatically be extended to different products.

As much as we would like to offer the same promotions to all existing customer it is not possible across different products Standard DSL, NGB efibre exc

However there are always new promotions available for customer willing to extend their current contracts.

If you call sales on 1800 503 303 (option 2) they can go through the options available.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭lockup35

Having tried to order this online, the price appears to be available to customers on certain exchanges only after doing a line check. I was quoted €65 for 7Mb broadband and Anytime calls. I knew it was too good to be true..

• Registered Users Posts: 30 cirrus55

Hi Mark,

Ive signed up for an upgrade. And sent you a PM regardining pricing.

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,

I understand that is frustrating when different products have different promotions.  We are not trying to penalise existing customer however an new product or service does not have to be subject to the same terms and conditions of previous services. packages or bundles.

However when we apply for any pricing or promotion to be ratified, the same promotions / pricing can not automatically be extended to different products.

As much as we would like to offer the same promotions to all existing customer it is not possible across different products Standard DSL, NGB efibre exc

However there are always new promotions available for customer willing to extend their current contracts.

If you call sales on 1800 503 303 (option 2) they can go through the options available.

Thanks, Mark
    i'm not querying the promotion price

im asking about the price thereafter which it states is 55 euro
    thats 10 euro cheaper than existing customers pay

so will customers be paying different rates for the same package long-term?
    is that legal?

i'm not querying the promotion price

im asking about the price thereafter which it states is 55 euro
    thats 10 euro cheaper than existing customers pay

so will customers be paying different rates for the same package long-term?
    is that legal?

Hi mikemcdeedy100

Would you PM me with your eircom account number and name on the account. So I can check your current bundle please.

Thanks, Mark

any news on this
    thanks

any news on this
    thanks
    Hi mikemcdeedy100,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

There are always ongoing promotions that customers can opt into. I see when you moved address, as NGB was not available within the exchange. So you requested the 7MB Home advanced with off peak calls bundle package. The 6 month promotion / discount was applied in full as lump sum on the May 7th bill.

The only difference is that the discount could be applied as a €5 discount over 6 months. However the saving would be exactly the same and the price going forward is the same just starting from the 7th bill rather than the 2nd in your case. However in both instances the same €30 discount promotion has been applied.

Thanks, Mark

Hi mikemcdeedy100,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

There are always ongoing promotions that customers can opt into. I see when you moved address, as NGB was not available within the exchange. So you requested the 7MB Home advanced with off peak calls bundle package. The 6 month promotion / discount was applied in full as lump sum on the May 7th bill.

The only difference is that the discount could be applied as a €5 discount over 6 months. However the saving would be exactly the same and the price going forward is the same just starting from the 7th bill rather than the 2nd in your case. However in both instances the same €30 discount promotion has been applied.

Thanks, Mark
    thanks mark but as i said in post 1 i'm not enquiring about the promotional prices

i understand all that

i'm enquiring about the 10euro difference for the same package 
    when the promotions have ended

new customers will be paying 10 euro less going forward
    55 as against 65 for existing customers for the same package

• Advertisement

thanks mark but as i said in post 1 i'm not enquiring about the promotional prices

i understand all that

i'm enquiring about the 10euro difference for the same package 
    when the promotions have ended

new customers will be paying 10 euro less going forward
    55 as against 65 for existing customers for the same package
    Hi mikemcdeedy100

That is not the case for customers on the same package? Customers on the NGB packages can avail of a cheaper ongoing price as it is a separate / different product.

Why is it you think customers on the same broadband / bundle package are getting it at a cheaper rate?

Thanks, Mark

mark 
    ok offer is for NGB i'm on 7Mbit but

customers on 8Mbit NGB plus anytime calls will be paying 10 euro less

than customers on 7Mbit plus anytime calls

why is that?

btw i see they removed the anytime package in question from the link in my post?
    and only the packages with off-peak calls remain on the page

mark 
    ok offer is for NGB i'm on 7Mbit but

customers on 8Mbit NGB plus anytime calls will be paying 10 euro less

than customers on 7Mbit plus anytime calls

why is that?

btw i see they removed the anytime package in question from the link in my post?
    and only the packages with off-peak calls remain on the page
    Hi,

I appreciate it may seem unfair to customers who are on the standard broadband packages and can not avail of the Next Generation Broadband as their exchanges may not have been enabled as yet.

However the the NGB is classed as a different broadband product / service. eircom are trying to enable as many exchanges nation-wide for NGB, as it is the best way to improve the broadband service at a national level.

However in some cases it may not be possible to provide NGB to an exchange, so that is why the standard bitstream broadband service is still provided in an effort to give some measure of broadband service to an area.

The standard broadband packages (In terms of price and speed parameters) were set when the product was rolled out through all proper channels.

NGB had to be offered as a different product, as such the price and speed parameters did not have to match the existing standard packages, in turn it was regulations meant that we could not lower the standard broadband packages to match the NGB (as it is a separate product).

The anytime bundle packages are not available online I'm afraid.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mickyellow

This is one of the main reasons why Eircom is in an absolute state. Why are Eircom charging their loyal customers more than customers who have moved away to a different provider over the last few years. Loyalty is generally rewarded in a commercial environment.

Why Eircom may gain a small market share by enticing people back this type of policy simply damages the brand. 

All previous Eircom strategies have been very much short-term. Try and increase revenue, annoy a few customers along the way & sell up to the next asset stripping mob. 

Explain?

Originally posted by eircom: Mark 

hi mark the anytime bundle was on the link in post 1 at the time i posted
    there were 2 off-peak packages and the anytime package
    (all ngb)

the anytime package has been subsequently been removed from the  link since i posted

Originally posted by eircom: Mark 

hi mark the anytime bundle was on the link in post 1 at the time i posted
    there were 2 off-peak packages and the anytime package
    (all ngb)

the anytime package has been subsequently been removed from the  link since i posted

Hi mikemcdeedy100

The online content may have been changed with the release of the new packages. Our sales team can go through the anytime bundles with the home Advanced broadband options / promotions on 1800 503 303 (option 2)

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement