Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone actually buying xbox one?

• 11-06-2013 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

just curious i havnt read much on it yet nor the ps4, but from youtube comments ps4 seems to have dominated xbox one by a sh!t tonne :P, who here is actually going to buy the xbox one and WHY? same for ps4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

I don't no anyone who intends to buy the new xbox yet. I was asking myself the same question.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Reon

poor microsoft they pretty much f*cked now :/ who would want to buy a console where you have to sign in every 24 hrs? lerl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

Reon wrote: »
    poor microsoft they pretty much f*cked now :/ who would want to buy a console where you have to sign in every 24 hrs? lerl

Does anyone no what happens if you don't sign in within 24 hours? do you have to buy a new xbox?

hahaha i heard on ps3 youtube clip they said "it wont work" have no idea what that meant, the game doesnt work or the xbox or ??? maybe you need to register it again haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Nope, I'm going back to Sony for my next gen fix. I've had great years with the original Xbox and 360 but they let themselves become too greedy with the One.

MS seems to have decided people want Skype or TV features from their console while PS4 has shown to have gamers interests at heart. Not to mention MS making a woefully misjudged and misguided attempt to kill the second hand market. There's simply nothing redeeming about the One in my eyes and just no way I could justify purchasing it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Eventually. But not before I get a PS4 and WiiU and not before I get a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I still think that, despite the crazy drm and connection issue, the Xbox one will be a huge success. They will be behind from the off but I'm sure Microsoft will turn that around like Sony did with ps3 which had a terrible start. Both are going to be be fantastic machines to play games on so I think all in all the consumer wins with having the option. Personally I'm more interested in a ps4 due to price and more friends will be getting it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

DarkJager wrote: »
    There's simply nothing redeeming about the One in my eyes and just no way I could justify purchasing it.

Especially since you've to pony up an extra €100 for the privilege.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

Nope, as the owner of an Xbox 360 I can safely say I won't be going anywhere near the Xbox One, 100 euro more expensive and 100 times less customer friendly. Playstation 4 is getting my custom this generation.

like i said i dont know much about the xbox one but the from the whole paying 100 euro for online and you cant sell back the game or sh!t sounds pretty retarded aswell as the having to sign in unless they rid all those stupid ideas then they might have a chance but again i know jack sh!t apart from those of and the kinnect apparently thats fudged aswell, who knows the only thing i can think of to make it decent is if they gave away free xbox's :D
    DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I still think that, despite the crazy drm and connection issue, the Xbox one will be a huge success. They will be behind from the off but I'm sure Microsoft will turn that around like Sony did with ps3 which had a terrible start. Both are going to be be fantastic machines to play games on so I think all in all the consumer wins with having the option. Personally I'm more interested in a ps4 due to price and more friends will be getting it

• Advertisement

is it only me or do both console look very similar?

like i said i dont know much about the xbox one but the from the whole paying 100 euro for online and you cant sell back the game or sh!t sounds pretty retarded aswell as the having to sign in unless they rid all those stupid ideas then they might have a chance but again i know jack sh!t apart from those of and the kinnect apparently thats fudged aswell, who knows the only thing i can think of to make it decent is if they gave away free xbox's :D

excuse typo's and lack of commas and **** im too lazy to put effort into my corrections :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

You don't pay 100 for online? You pay about €40, and you'll have to pay to play online for the PS4 as well. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

I'm of two minds. I prefer the 360 over the PS3, mostly for playing with my friends and I prefer the controller. But now, not sure what to do. Microsoft have made some serious mistakes this time, price, drm, etc. I would prefer to be gaming with the One controller. But I am putting serious consideration into just going with the PS4. But I don't know yet. I will prob end up going with whatever my friends go with, as I do alot of my console gaming with friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,802 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Especially since you've to pony up an extra €100 for the privilege.

Over a 7-10 year period is €100 actually much? Pretty null argument for peasants imo.

In saying that I'm PS4 all the way. Always have been Playstation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Won't be buying it, and if/when I get one from MS it won't be going into my house. It'll be the office spare

true true but would they honestly pay 100 to play online? :O controller could easily be adjusted 2 :P

callaway92 wrote: »
    Over a 7-10 year period is €100 actually much? Pretty null argument for peasants imo.

In saying that I'm PS4 all the way. Always have been Playstation.

I was talking about buying one at or near launch. Will I pick one up? Yeah, much like I bought a PS3 in late 2011, five years after my Xbox 360. When is the only question, and the answer for Xbox One is "not soon".

SgtBob wrote: »
    I'm of two minds. I prefer the 360 over the PS3, mostly for playing with my friends and I prefer the controller. But now, not sure what to do. Microsoft have made some serious mistakes this time, price, drm, etc. I would prefer to be gaming with the One controller. But I am putting serious consideration into just going with the PS4. But I don't know yet. I will prob end up going with whatever my friends go with, as I do alot of my console gaming with friends.

would they pay 100 to play online?, the ps controller isnt that bad is it? im sure you could get use to it, what does drm stand for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

I hate all these sort of knee jerk reactions, the consoles aren't even released for 5 or 6 months yet the consensus already is that the xbox is going to flop. Online every 24 hours will be a non-issue for 95% of people, even more so in their main marketplace in North America. Its hard to know what to make of the used game thing until its fully explained, I hate the sound of it but for casual gamers that only pick up FIFA/Madden/COD or whatever it probably wont be a huge issue and there's a massive market there. They'll have plenty of support in North America I'd imagine with all the TV and sports integration as well

I'm definitely leaning towards a PS4 but not planning on basing the decision solely on a 90 minute presentation 6 months before release, while the PS4 will probably win the early battle they'll likely have at least a 6 year lifespan so I doubt Microsoft will be all that worried at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

is it only me or do both console look very similar?

Physically, no. The XBO is about twice the size of the PS4 and has a power brick hanging out of it. The XBO has gone back to the form factor of the Xbox from 2001 and the PS4 form factor is borrowed from the PS2 but in italics back in 1999.

Physically, no. The XBO is about twice the size of the PS4 and has a power brick hanging out of it.

haha true true

Harps wrote: »
    I hate all these sort of knee jerk reactions, the consoles aren't even released for 5 or 6 months yet the trend already is that the xbox is going to flop. Online every 24 hours will be a non-issue for 95% of people, even more so in their main marketplace in North America. Its hard to know what to make of the used game thing until its fully explained, I hate the sound of it but for casual gamers that only pick up FIFA/Madden/COD or whatever it probably wont be a huge issue. They'll have plenty of support in North America I'd imagine with all the TV and sports integration as well

I'm definitely leaning towards a PS4 but not planning on basing the decision solely on a 90 minute presentation 6 months before release, while the PS4 will probably win the early battle they'll likely have at least a 6 year lifespan so I doubt Microsoft will be all that worried at the moment

what happens if theyre away for holiday or at a friends or away for the whole weekend? i think its very retarded the way you have to sign in every 24hrs what for ?? unless you're a full time loaded gamer then only id c why they would want to buy the xbox apart from that ps4 for me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

PS4 for me, few diehard Xbox friends of mine making the switch to Sony also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I've owned two xbox 360's. The first 2005-2010 was modded (so you can imagine what I was doing during this time lol :pac: ) But my second xbox 360 (2010 - present) i've just bought games for. I don't trade games or buy traded games. I see something brand new that is cheap, or worth the full price ... so the idea of the xbox one having this DRM crap and the PS4 not having - doesnt really bother me and i'm sure there has to be a percentage of gamers out there who feel the same.

HOWEVER! ... The €100 euro price tag difference is an issue for me. Games are going to be expensive. If I wanna play the new Metal gear for example. Why should I pay €580 (?) for an xbox one and the game when I could just pay €480 for it & a PS4 (?)

HOWEVER HOWEVER :pac: ..... PS3 took years to crack. Xbox 360 - only months and with Microsoft pi**ing off everyone with this DRM thing. What console is likely to get cracked first? ;) Which maybe a buying factor for some unscrupulous gamers (Ie, me) lol.

I've owned two xbox 360's. The first 2005-2010 was modded (so you can imagine what I was doing during this time lol :pac: ) But my second xbox 360 (2010 - present) i've just bought games for. I don't trade games or buy traded games. I see something brand new that is cheap, or worth the full price ... so the idea of the xbox one having this DRM crap and the PS4 not having - doesnt really bother me and i'm sure there has to be a percentage of gamers out there who feel the same.

HOWEVER! ... The €100 euro price tag difference is an issue for me. Games are going to be expensive. If I wanna play the new Metal gear for example. Why should I pay €580 (?) for an xbox one and the game when I could just pay €480 for it & a PS4 (?)

HOWEVER HOWEVER :pac: ..... PS3 took years to crack. Xbox 360 - only months and with Microsoft pi**ing off everyone with this DRM thing. What console is likely to get cracked first? ;) Which maybe a buying factor for some unscrupulous gamers (Ie, me) lol.
    haha what can you do with a cracked xbox/ps? naw i dunno i was never into xbox MAIN reason was to piss off my friends who had 1,we just slagged eachother and now theyre actually going for the ps4 pretty funny :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

SgtBob wrote: »

You're going to pay an extra 100 quid for a less powerful console?!

Jesus, talk some sense into your friends. This generation of consoles belongs to Sony and I'm not even buying a PS4. I'm primarily a PC gamer.

haha what can you do with a cracked xbox/ps?

A lot

Yousef wrote: »
    You're going to pay an extra 100 quid for a less powerful console?!

Jesus, talk some sense into your friends. This generation of consoles belongs to Sony and I'm not even buying a PS4. I'm primarily a PC gamer.

so true ps4 will be the new big thing cannot wait for it to come out , pity it cant play ps3 games :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Just wondering, would anyone who had thought about going for one of these consider going for a gaming PC instead?

With Steam's Big Picture, you are now getting to a stage where if you had your PC hooked up to your TV and you had a wireless controller, you could have a similar enough experience with a PC as you would with a console.

You could also build a reasonable gaming pc for about the same price and upgrade later as necessary. From what I can tell, the games are about the same price and with Steam/Amazon sales you can often get them much cheaper, especially if you wait a month or two (I bought Hitman Absolution last month for €3.24 on Amazon).

I know they are not the same thing, and many of the problems with the next gen consoles are pre-existing to some extent on PC i.e. no trading, but would anyone see it as a viable alternative?

Advertisement